Thanks

How to set pressure sensitivity?

Here's somethin that's always been bugging me with Painter. The pressure sensitivity. No matter how I try to set it, I often need to go and tweak it back and forth depending on the brush i'm using. Very much unlike Photoshop that just straight up uses the pressure curve set in the Wacom drivers.

This really annoys me to no end, and it's one big reason why I never stick to Painter. I always switch back to Photoshop after a while. Which is a shame, because there are so many cool things in Painter.

So, anyhow, my question here is if there's a way to properly set the pressure sensitivity so I no longer have to worry about it? You know, making it just work.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    What version of Painter do you use? The best way to alter a pressure setting is to go to the brush panel, go to "Brush Calibration" any by clicking the bottom right icon set the pressure along with your brush stroke.
    A strange thing that happens is when you leave the program with the modified brush, the next time you open Painter the brush will have default pressure settings. This can be easily avoided by selecting an "unimportant" brush when closing and then when re-opening everything will be fine.
    But, the pressure feels great in Painter 2016. Practically there's no need to change a thing.

Thanks
    I'm using Painter 2016. Using the brush calibration still makes it inconsistent. Some brushes are opaque with a light touch, while with others I have to dig a hole thorugh my tablet...