Thanks

KoreanxJesus - Color & Light 1.1

Name:  mingusdefault.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  152.4 KB
    Mass Light:
    I found that majority of details were found here, I spent most time painting here, probably because most of the piece was in light. This was mostly found on planes where where facing the light source or just slightly facing away from it.
    Half Tone:
    I saw that these were mostly found on transitions where the plane was turning away at small angles. At sharper angels these did not appear.
    Highlights:
    These were the lightest values on the portrait and I found them on the edges of planes which were facing the light directly. This and surfaces which had accumulated grease that made it more specular or where the lips was a naturally specular surface as the skin on the lips were generally smooth where the skin was textured.
    Mass shadow:
    If found the mass shadow on planes that were perpendicular or further away from the light.
    Core shadow:
    I didn't see very much detail in the core shadow. I found this was the darkest part of mass shadow.
    Cast Shadow:
    I found that these shadows didn't have halftones to transition them into the light system, which made them more crisp then some of the other shadows on the piece.

I decided to play with the gradient map a bit and got some really awesome results
    Name:  mingusdemon.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  122.7 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think some additional attention to detail would help bring out the depth of the face, such as a similar amount of detail applied to the eyebrows and lips as you have applied to your hair. Sharper lines/tones and varying textures would also help to separate areas better, such as differentiating between the neck and shirt collar.

I really like the use of textures throughout the portrait--it adds some variance that gives this a stylized feel. Good work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AngieChan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 4,633 Posts
    I'm not sure I'm looking at the real you as you've used a load of effects. We want to see you making form and currently you're looking a bit flat. Even on your own face, you need to consider structure.