Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 838 Posts
    That is a lot better. Her left eye should be more 3/4, though.
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to eezacque For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Today's practice so far...not done a lot as I have the flu. That damn 3/4 view is doing my head in, the eye looks a little funky again. Next week I'm starting to broaden out onto anatomy of the body and getting more gesture studies into practice. Hopefully draw from life again then as well since right now just sitting up is killing my head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Another study from reference - feels like a big improvement but I'm still not getting the likeness very well. Think the eyes needed a bit more refinement.

Edit; does anyone know why I can't manage my attachments in my first post in the thread? Says it's not possible something to do with DNS but I can do it on every other post.

Thanks
    Started the slow road to learning more about anatomy. I have a copy of Grey's Anatomy and I've been looking at some of the photographs in there and I tried out a skull or two. Also started off with Proko's figure drawing series with the bean which was surprisingly challenging I didn't expect it to be so difficult. Just goes to show how much I need to train my brain. Lastly did another portrait at a more difficult angle and I did mess it up a bit I have salvaged it as much as possible but it did fall short of what I wanted. Still having problems with lip/nose area so I'll have to address that again.

Thanks
    Last two portraits I've completed. I tried Angelina Jolie and I almost got her likeness, her face is much more rectangular/longer in reality and it was really difficult to get her nose at all correct. Then I did a quick sketch of a girl from reference. Need to do more from life, I might try to draw myself again from the mirror. Getting the true likeness is a new challenge.

I also have been starting anatomy/gesture drawing and I'll upload that tomorrow. Feels good to start something new knowing that portraits are coming along even if they're far from ideal they're improving in my eyes at least

Thanks
    Did some gesture drawing, 30s, feel a bit better about it. Tried a portrait of myself looking in the mirror I think it turned out OK but my forehead isn't that big (or is it? :L) and then a quick sketch trying out some new blending equipment I got.

Thanks
    Another drawing on toned paper....really love the texture and tone of this paper. I find it so much easier to work with and I think it's helping me out a lot with values.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast