Thanks

Dogsyear color1.1 self portrait

First time I've done one and I'm glad I finally did. Slowing down to study the values and finding the planes was great. I think I'd go with a more dramatic light source next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    In thinking, this makes me very glad that I don't have facial hair for my own portrait. It seems like alot of work to render well, especially to the detail that you did! X-D

I like your cast shadows--they bring alot of depth into the central part of the face. However, the forehead to your right side seems to be lacking some of the depth that the rest of the portrait has. I can't put my finger on it without knowing/seeing the light source, but it feels as if there may be some deeper tones/highlights that could use some extra attention?

Okay...I need to back away. Your eyes are well done, but I think they are boring into my soul. ^_^

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 4,633 Posts
    I agree. I think you need a terminator there to delineate the front of your forehead from the side. Ha, we all look so intense when doing a self portrait.