Summer Sktch. bk. finished

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Talking Summer Sktch. bk. finished

these are jus some sketches i did over the summer and with pen and or pencil... some of these sketches i did during class which by the way is a good place to do some serious crazy life drawing!

Does any one know of any really good art school that is kinda inexpensive compaired to like 65 grand 4 bachelores---- jw

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Talking

the seconds one is great. very clean, spec the guy in the center. also love the abstract drawing, the walking head, good stuff.

Drew

Thanks
    The distance between your works from reference and from imagination is epic. It's a if there are two artists posting under the same name. I would definately try to tie what you learn from drawing from reference into your drawings without. Draw something from reference, really see what you're doing (no need to do a full rendering, just the line work), then, on a clean sheet, draw something very similar (pose, gender, etc.) without reference. Concentrate on what you were doing previously. Use the Force.

Thanks
    yeah thanX for the comments oh and .... does n e 1 know of any good fairly inexpensive art colleges by any chance!

Thanks
    You might want to ask on the Lounge forum. You'll see more responses.

Thanks
    can any one see anything i need to work on?... or were am i lacking in my art work..... yeah thanx that would be great!

Thanks
    you might want to post in the helpfull crits section youll get crits from there. good stuff though. keep it up.

Thanks
    jeeze modern can't i get any sort of critisizim at all on my thread seriously whats the piont of responding to a thread... i mean seriously jeeeze IDOITS! !!!!!!

Thanks
    Well, you're both in Cleveland: duke it out.

I think modern was being helpful by saying that if you wanted more crits on particular works, you might have more luck by posting in the "Helpful" section. Make certain that you put down what you were trying to do and what is really stumping you. It's not very useful if you throw down a couple dozen drawings (with little or no explanation) and expect to get a few full blown crits. Sometimes it's worse; people often find large groups of pics just too intimidating to crit.

The overall suggestion you would likely get on this section would be to concentrate on your anatomy and proportions. While your work from reference is much better than that without, there are still some fairly large relational errors (eyes in the wrong place, etc.).

Here are some things that are less than cool:

Whining that no one is responding. Don't hinge your self-respect on what this board offers (or doesn't). If you're not getting the response you were expecting, take an honest look at your work. If the anatomy needs work, don't wait for someone to tell you. Fix it. There are a couple sticky threads that go over a bunch of good points on creating art. A lot of them also pertain to life.

Name calling. The anonymity of the internet is just too tempting to allow us to let slip our social skills. In this way lies chaos and burnt cheese sandwiches (both of which are bad if you're looking to be a member of a society and enjoy a nice snack). Buck up and play the adult.

Pizza that's too hot. It usually happens when you're really hungry and can't wait for it to cool, then you burn the roof of your mouth and that's really uncool.

So, my advice is to calm down, post some more stuff that you want help with (as this forum is mainly for getting better at art, vice garnering ego candy), and don't eat super-hot pizza.

Last edited by dogfood; October 19th, 2004 at 03:25 PM. Reason: poor speller

Thanks
    well said....especially pizza pops....dem are buggers right out of the microwave

Thanks
    It's like a phaser setting: stun, kill, hot mozerella.

Thanks
    I was waiting for someone to say something.

Thanks
    yeah beautiful analogy ... i understand it totally ... but the thing with me and modern are all inside jokes we go way back... the reason why i post things is so ppl like "dogfood" and "yoell" and "fr. frost" give me advice on how i can improve my art and i am definitly looking to.
    (that whole post that i did are just inside jokes with me and modern)

the thing dogfood wrote about putting out abunch of piX yeah i did but i was kinda rushed so i didn't have time to put explanations... the thing is is that i put this same thread on earilier and my geocities crapped up and the images did appear so i guess i jus didn't feel like putting new responses on the new thread all over again i appaligize... from now on i should have time to explain im bout to put on another thread in soon so i will explain more in detail...

go browns

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.