Pressure Sensitivity
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Pressure Sensitivity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Pressure Sensitivity

Hey, Im having trouble with painter 8.. Before I Reinstalled Painter it was working fine.. then I had to delete it because it just wouldnt open so I reinstalled it. Anyways now the pressure sensitivity isnt working properly in painter.. like if i barely touch the tablet with my pen it will have the opaque look, then if I put a little bit more pressure it just goes to full pressure, so when im trying to sketch something its basically on full pressure, the settings are ok on the wacom so I dont know whats going on, I never changed any settings when I had painter before so I dont know whats happening.

Any help would be great

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

Launch Painter, go to Edit > Preferences > Brush Tracking, and paint a brushstroke on the scratch pad using your normal hand pressure, then click the OK button.

Restore all of your brush variants to their default settings, then make some test brushstrokes to see if that helps. (Brush Selector Bar menu > Restore All Default Variants)

If not, try again using:

Harder pressure on the Brush Tracking scratch pad so you can use lighter pressure when you paint a brushstroke on the Canvas (or Layer).

Lighter pressure on the Brush Tracking scratch pad so when you paint on the Canvas (or Layer) you'll need to apply more pressure.

If that still doesn't help, contact Wacom tech support. It's free and friendly.

(Be sure you've read the Wacom User Guide first.)

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.