Art: Fight Fight Colored
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Fight Fight Colored

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fight Fight Colored

Sorry it took so long for me to finish it folks! Hope ya'll digs it!

Art: Sean "Cheeks" Galloway

http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/gallery/

it's not if you can't do it, but it's if you want to
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No replies! That confuses me.

This looks great. Iím digging your colors and style.

Lilí crits:

Where Doc Ocís right arm is overlapped by spideyís tricep: The cut-in of the triceps is so similar to the outline of Doc Ocís arm and hand on the other side (of that same arm) that it begins to simply look like another outline. Did that make any sense? Basically what I mean is that the contours donít make the overlap work as well as it could. That makes it more difficult for my eye to see doc ocís arm as being behind Spidey. It hurts the depth of the image.

Also (and this one is even more silly/ nit picky than the first), even though I know that these two are enemies, I donít get that feel from the image. I think it has something to do with the fact that they are both moving in the same direction, and their heads are both oriented in the exact same fashion. It almost feels like they are moving together to go after some common foe just off camera. Maybe if Doctor Octopusís head were tilted a little to the side, or if his shoulders werenít so parallel to Spidermanís, then I wouldnít get that feeling. Or maybe Iím just crazy, and the only person in the world that gets that impression. What do all you other folks think?

Anyway, itís a rad picture.

I hope that some of this made sense.

later,

-Andrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really good stuff, Cheeks - your "Hero" one from a couple days ago was great, too.

I see what johanson is saying about the overlap - although I didn't see it at first. It looks like his arm and Oc's hand are puzzle pieces fitting together.

I have to say, though, his comment about them moving together is what I initially saw, too. Maybe it's my ignorance of comics, but I didn't recognize him as Doc Oc at first. I thought they were both running away (or maybe towards) some common enemy. I think for me, it wasn't immediately apparent that Doc's tentacles were coming from his back. They look a little low, and because of their angle they don't look like they'd be attached to him - they need to continue further out, away from the viewer, and then curve back in to him. Hope that makes sense. I really like your style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey you two. wow! thank you for the deep comments, and crits. I really do understand what you both are talking about. i'll be sure to watch out for those "tangents" in my future works!

http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/gallery/

it's not if you can't do it, but it's if you want to

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice again! one instantly recognizes your style

crits:

Spidermans foot should overlap the tentacle in a better way composition-wise...what i mean is that the tentacle outline is interrupted by the back and the top of spidey's foot, which destroys the effect of depth...

On the top left the tentacle's curve is not round...looks odd

you should exaggerate the crashed ground with more particles/lines...to get more dynamic in this piece...

Great coloring again...and a cool pic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Cheeks!
    Great to see a familiar face here! Awesome dynamics in this. I love Spidey's feet coming towards the viewer! But is he supposed to be holding a web-line or is he flipping himself his fists on the ground....?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.