PET PICS! postem if ya gottem MEOW!.....ROOF ROOF!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,606 Times in 2,213 Posts
    Follows
    Following

PET PICS! postem if ya gottem MEOW!.....ROOF ROOF!

BOBO and SIR MEOWZALOT.

Bobo is part bobcat and half African Jungle Cat and can walk on a leash like a dog (literally). Meowzalot is the sweetest Bengal EVER and while he is also leash trained he tends to like walking HOME the best!

oh for the good ole days when my kitties were too small to knock over the furniture!

j

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa where did you get Bobo? Half jungle cat and half bobcat...wow that's really unique. That is hilarious "meowzalot" hehe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jason, how do you like the personalities of the begal? I was seriously looking into those cats. I thought they might act a little wilder seeing as how they look a little wilder. They're defitenly cooler looking than most cats.

I'd post a picture of my pet... but I don't have one Soon hopefully.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, i knew it! jason's a cat person! MEOW!

i have a cat, too. they are kind of the coolest pets around. i guess because they aren't really like pets but more like room- or flatmates.

your cats are cool. i love the huge ears!

lemme see if i can come up with a photo of mine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also rescued a kitty from the pound...Ill post some pics soon.

BOBO comes from a breeder in hollywood Jungle Mountain exotics http://www.junglemtnexotics.com/ Check out the safari cats on their page!!. Bobo is a jungle bob. She is an F1..which means her parent is pure blooded wildcat (jungle cat daddy).

my bengal is the sweetest nicest cat i have....i have three cats...he has no anger at all and would never even think of the option of swatting or biting...he is extremely trusting.

bengals are very vocal...at least the ones I have seen are. He YELLS!!!! MEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

as far as the wild part...if running around the house at FULL SPEED in thirty minute bursts counts as wild I guess he is. Bengals tend to be more active...but not wild...but its all in how you raise them. Just handle them a lot when they are young and you will be ok later. Pull their ears..feet...rub their belly...that way they trust you.

here is the best bengal breeder in the country. www.amantrabengals.com Amantra knows what they are doing. The cats are raised in the house with their little boy so they are very used to people. They have high quality cats. Most of the bengal breeders I went and met did not even come close to the success she has with the cats. (all in cages and not enough attention). Amantra does it right. (notice that the bengals at jungle mountain 'above' are not of the same quality)

here is a pic of bobos daddy and mommy...and meowzalots daddy and mommy...and grampa and gramma too!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my Weimeraner freako. His name is Zemmer, named after the town I used to live in in Germany. This guy is a total wacko and he was the inspiration for my war-mutt.

Mitch

There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here goes!

This is my girlfriends cat Kobal. She was sleeping when I took the pic and I dnik she really wanted her picture taken!

This is my dog, he is a springer/britanny mix. Hes the best dog IVe ever seen! He can do any trick you can think of, for example, I taught him this trick where I pull out a gun (my finger in gun formation) and I "Shoot" him and he rolls over dead (usually with a dog whining grunt sound)

This is my greyhound Sydney. She was adopted (along with my other greyhound Cross, but I couldnt get a pic of him cause he was sleeping) They raced at the track here in Sarasota.. Syd must have been abused there because she is really shy and gets scared very easily.. she is just now coming around to be more comfortable with me!

Last edited by DragonGX; January 27th, 2003 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa that is really cool Jason. Man they look exactly like jungle cats except hit with a shrink ray. Like having your own personal panther. That rocks.

Dragon - your pets look really cute. My mom saved a dog and it is skittish like that too...I know what you mean.

mitch - can't see the Weimeraner freako...Zemmer?...the poor thing...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jason, i have a question.
    how large are these african jungle cats (no exact figures needed... just to give me an idea) and is it a race that can live in a "civilized" place?

still, i think the nicest cats are the ones that come to you by their own will. our forst cat was one of these. one day, he was meowing in front of the window and since then, he hijacked our home until he died last year (cancer).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the jungle cat is a purely wild species...I would imagine that you would need a license for such a thing. However here in the usa you can have a Chausie (1 parent was a full blooded juntle cat).

chausies are the largest domestic cat breed. they range typically from 18-34 lbs. most domestic cats are about 9-14lbs...a huge domestic cat might be 19-20 lbs.

I wanted a big house cat....what I did not know was that my BOBO was a runt..hahah..she was the smallest of the litter...she is no larger than my other cats...but she is pure muscle.

chausies are a lot of fun...however, mine is a one person cat...she loves me more than any other cat I have...she is aggressively affectionate with me...she jumps on me when i come home..almost like a dog. she would hiss at a stranger though and will not be great around kids due to her aggressiveness. they are not like regular cats. I walk her like a dog and she goes wherever I tell her for the most part. I have walked her at venice beach in a crowd of thousands of people...most people were completely shocked...it was a lot of fun. if you live alone..Id consider getting a chausie if you have time to train her...if not, then you should probably go with a bengal or the like.

they can also be hard to litter train...and have very strong wills. She was hanging in my blinds last night....not good.

some of my friends say that bobo is the coolest cat they have ever seen...others say "i hate that cat!" hahaha...to each their own I guess.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a bunch, jason.
    whoa... 34lbs. my old cat was a fattie and he had about barely half of it - and he was a pure domestic, i.e. small and fat. and not tall and slim.

what's the thing about training? as far as i had cats, all i told them was to please use the litter. the rest always evolved out of living together. always thought that was all training a cat needed.
    since you have three cats, i guess they do well with other cats?
    btw, that site you linked with different exotic hybrids... these are among the most beautiful cats i have ever seen.

heh, my cat is undeniably a girl. she totally has the ability to sit there and meow like she was to start crying every minute. if i didn't know better i'd say her eyeare watering up... irresistible. damn the weapons of women

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *wargh* he's comin'! doesn't he look dangerous ??

his name's bobby. cute, eh?

mcotie, your dog's the real joe cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your animals all look great...

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all that info Jason. I used to only be interested in dogs and monkeys(that's a whole other thread). But ever since I started checking out Bengals my intrest in cats has grown. I've been trying to talk my girlfriend(who lives with me) into getting one but she won't budge. Says cats scare her. Oh well, guess it's a monkey!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't get it...my wife says the same thing...hehe...she says that cats are "unpredictable"...so weird hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh. of course cats are unpredictable and head-thru-wall but isn't that what makes them so lovely?
    they aren't listen-and-obey like dogs that follow you, the alpha (fe)male but more like sidekicks, companions. with their own will.

...have to ask around for a digital camera to take photos of my kitty. both our traditional cameras are temp broken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dogs aren't only listen-and-obey, most dogs have a very funny and wacky personality, like mcotie said.

for example my dog sometimes act more like a person than an animal, but all cats i know are always bored and arrogant.

dogs and wolves are herd-animals (dunno if the english's right) so they fit in a family. cats aren't, they just think "ah stupid human, gives food to me"

means not i want to start a which-pet's-better fight
    some cats are ok, but i choose the dog.

cu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love dogs personalities. My Brittany (the second pic I posted, after the cat) is has probably the best personality of an animal Ive ever seen.. He has to go get the morning paper every morning, he will sit on the couch next to you, or even sleep in the same bed. Sometimes he acts almost like a person. You can always tell what he wants because he is so vocal (not in an auditory sense.. but with his actions) that he can communicate to you... He also knows a billion words, so if you tell him its time to go to bed he goes to bed, etc..

The greyhounds arent as smart as he is, but taht is understandable seeing as how they werent taken very good car of the first 2 years of their lives.. Poor racing greyhounds, they keep them in a kennel all day and make them race.. Its really sad when you think about how people can treat animals so poorly..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is my girlfriends dog Morgan, shes a Shibu Inu. I think its a snow dog... I live with her so its sort of my dog too. I'm also the only male it will allow to touch it.

Jason
    Those cats are awesome.... I really like the one in your arms in the post your self thread.

Last edited by nick reynolds; January 30th, 2003 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My brother-in-law wants to get a miniature pinscher as a puppy and let it grow to about 6 months old and then get a doberman as a puppy around that time. He wanted to do that so the miniature pinscher would be the alpha and the doberman would follow it around and be subserviant to it heheheh...isn't that hilarious. He says he's really gonna do it hehe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiba inus are my favorite dogs.

I want one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice dog Nick! I was recently looking at a litter of Shibu Inus mixed with minature Eskimos. Cutest puppies I've ever seen. There was one that totally stuck out... it was the perfect dog. But I can't have dogs where I am so I had to pass it up. Hopefully I'll find better work soon and get a place that I can have one. How do you find it's personality? I know you said that your the only man that it'll let touch it. I've heard they can be pretty stuborn dogs. But sometimes that's the appealing thing about them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shes kinda skidish... She gets spooked real easy, although shes alot better than she use to be. She listens well and we can let her out in front of our apartment with out a leash and she just runs around and jumps the side walk. She can jump really well its kinda cool. (When i walk her i make her jump stuff.) Then comes back when we tell her too. Although the first time i let her off the leash with out my girlfriend around she tested me and made me chase her around the entire complex until we arived at the front door of our apartment. I think if a dog could grin she would have a big one.

All and all, shes a really good dog, but thats part of my girlfriends dog training magic. All the dogs shes ever had dont need a lease to be walked. Its crazy.

Oh and the dog bites ankles in the morning when your just waking up. It wakes you up quick, cuz you have to dodge her attacks as she runs by real fast and bites your ankles.

franz Guest
    Ok, you asked for it Here's Leonardo and his seven sexy siblings:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah!!!!!!!!! photgraphs of ME!!!! thank you, i LOVE them!!!!

so lovely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my god! Those jungle cat hybrids are so cute! There was a picture at my old vet's office of one of those curled up with his friend- who happened to be a pet rat. So I imagine that they can be quite tame. How awesome, I've never actually heard anyone talking about owning one.

I'm very sure they are illegal to own in some places, so if any one thinks about getting one check your area and make sure you can find a good vet too, that's really important for things classified as exotics (and exotic is unfortunately almost always considered anything other than a regular dog or cat, it sucks). I mean even gerbils and iguanas are illegal in some cities, like New York's five boroughs.

Bobby and Morgan are adorable! It's funny that you mention Morgan doesn't let other men touch her. All the Japanese dog breeds I've run into have been like that. They only like one guy and no others. I wonder now if it is just coincidence.

Man I have a ton of pets, not so many now since they're almost always adopted and many of them have died of old age or cancer... but now I get a excuse to post their pictures ^__^ I don't have pics of my bird or my two lizards on hand but here are my ferrets and dog, 4 of the smartest animals I've come across... okay 3, I lied -the brownish ferret, she's so sweet but not very bright. My dog is so sweet, she's great, and so intelligent, she knows well over 50 words I'm sure.

I caught all three ferrets yawning at the same time. -very strange!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.