Sketchbook: --Phuzion's Sketchbook - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: --Phuzion's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have not said anything in here. great work, love your females. i love your animal studies even better, i really need to throw a bunch of animal studies into my portfolio. overall no crits, just love.

thanks for inspiring!!!

"The only thing that the world will not have enough of is exaggeration"
    Salvador Dali
    ------
    Don's Daily Sketches! -yay-
    ------
    DonBlogs
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, I've been reading your comments on the board for some time, and I just now got around to checking your sketches, and all I'm thinking is DAAAAaaaaammmmmn, dat boy got skillz. Great stuff.

Quick question: on your tone drawings do you use graphite and white colored pencil, or black and white charcoal, or some other combination? I've been working on a number of tone drawings like those lately with black charcoal pencil and white colored pencil, and it just seems like they clash. They look good together, but the white is impossible to work over with the charcoal. You seem to have your act together on this. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Steph: Ha ha! You're a sweetheart, thanks. Your comments are always a pleasure. I don't usually do photoreal stuff, and when I do, it is certainly not in this style, but I thought I'd try something I haven't really done before. As to the blocky buildings, I was going more off of Native American cave/cliff dwellers and their simple structures, but I deffinately see what you mean, and I'll give it a shot.

Sok N. Wett: Thanks man! I appreciate it greatly... I dunno about being the man, but it's kind of a cool thought ;p These value studies look good at this size, but blown up to the size I worked at, they look really splotchy and all over the place, but whatever works, right? I'm just glad you're diggin' 'em. Take care

Liam C.: Thanks a lot. Always good to know when one succeeds. You should deffinately give it a shot, it's certainly worth while. Peace

Jetpack42: Whassahappenin'!! Where are you living now? I know you're in So Cal, but where? You should deffinately get up here sometime. It's always great to have another sketching buddy. Thanks for the encouragement too, it keeps me drawing, giving that added boost I sometimes need to get off my ass and do stuff... figuratively speaking of course as I tend to draw sitting on my ass... whatever. Thanks bro

Pichuerca: Ha! I wish I had a tiger... no, books and the zoo my friend ;p Glad you're liking it.

brkofdon: Me? Inspiring? Awesome... always good to give back the love I receive from so many here. So much inspiration to be found in one place... craziness. I'm glad you could stop by and comment, thank you!

Auden100: Right on brothah! *That guy's my man!
    Thanks for the kind kind words. As for the technique, I'm assuming you're talking about the sketches in the gray sketchbook? Those are done with 2B mechanical pencil, and white Prismacolor, and white gouache... with the exception of one, which was with Tuscan Red Col-erase... I don't use charcoal except when in class really... I don't have the patience for it ;p I've found that graphite and Prismacolor work really well, as well as Col-erase and Prismacolor, but the Prismacolor won't go over the graphite too well, so you have to be economical with your lines... Yeah. If you're refering to the ones on brown paper, those are all done with Steadtler Pigment Liner (felt tipped pen), and white Col-erase. Good luck;p

Okay! I'll post more soon, I promise... just too out of it to scan right now. Thanks everyone for the inspiration to draw some more, your kind words are priceless. Peace all!

-Daniel

www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, what's up man? guillermo here. (long haired freaky dude other that fuki at the Huntington beach meet =p) anyways, i stopped by your site the other day and it's lookin sweet. i think that's the first time i actually saw your artwork and needless to say, i'm impressed bro. this dsb is kickin arse too. those lighting studies are really nice. i'm gonna have to try that excersize. lord knows i need help with my lighting. anyays, just thought i'd stop by and say hi and stuff. keep on postin =)

polylover.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

very nice

i m lovin dese pieces mah fren. also, i checked your website from time to time, and you got mad skillz (with a z). very animated. keep updating dood. very awesome shizat.

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I've missed out on this thread. Damn shame, 'cuz there's some killer stuff in here! The lightstudies you did from bladerunner are amazing! You convey the atmosphere very nicely!

Keep up the good work!

peace

d-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome renderings, and great skill at all those animalstudies are simple and confident. AND I LOVVVE TONED PAPER

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow Beautyfull Thread ˇˇˇ
    I love the lion walking'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, great stuff here. I'm really enjoying the animal studies, you nailed the rolling shoulders of a walking cat.

bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guillermo: Hey hey! How are you man? Glad you could stop by. Thanks for the compliments dude. Yeah, those lighting studies were fun... I'll have to do some more as there are about 40 more still frames that I captured, but didn't have time to do ;p

obid619: Why thank you sir! Skillz are a good thing to have... and it's always nice to know there are people that do check my site, so I know it's not a waste of space and time

dCepT: Ah well, the missing out is over now! Nah, there are so many amazing people here, you're not missing out if you've missed mine, but I'm glad you like it, thanks for the encouragement!

Darkside: Yes, toned paper is da' shiznit! gracias muchacho!

qstom: Ha ha! Thanks... I didn't design the thread, only the art in it, but hopefully that's the beautiful part, right? ;p

bwkeough: Ah yes, the cats... heh heh, thanks man. There will be more animal studies either tomorrow or the next day, so keep your eyes peeled.

Okay! Here's a random chica I did... don't know what for, I was just bored:

And here are some first passes at Evil Lyn as a possible Thunderdome entry:

whoops! This one replaced the old one... this was done at the end of 2008...

Okay, that's it for now, but more to come soon. Thanks for all the great motivation people! It keeps me drawing outside of work and school. Peace.

-Daniel

Last edited by Phuzion; February 8th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phuzion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow this is AMAZING!!

I posted a comment, it would be nice if you returned the favor...
    MY SKETCHBOOK

My Space

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff man...I really like how you draw your female faces...there seems to be a lot character in them. That last tdome sketch is excellent.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang I dunno what you're talking about, you rock.. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These tdome entries are great man, nice stuff. Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last Evil Lynn is the best one IMO, damn your girls are full of spunk and hot!!! How bout a tutorial on how to draw em?

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude...your stuff is blowin my mind...

That nude Evil Lyn...fantastic...the sorceress/seductress...definately could see that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SicFrost: Hey thanks man ;p

Ulysses: Gracias senor! Ah, the females... so much to draw and flirt with. I'm glad to know there's some life comin' through there for others. It's sometimes hard to tell with one's own artwork.

Inpho: Thanks man. I think sometimes I just get jaded about my own work... but that only happens when I'm sick of looking at the same thing. Usually all I have to do is switch up my style just a little, but hell, I'm still sick of my own shit after a few days, but that's how it always is, right?

Burning Eyes: Thank you sir!! And thanks for the luck ;p We'll see what I have time to pull out. I'll do what I can for sure.

Sok N. Wett: I agree, the last one is my fav too. A tutorial? I might do that. Could be fun... we'll see. Glad you like the ladies ;p

bRyaN: Right on! Mind blowing! heh heh, wuuuuurd. Thanks ma' friend.

Okay, here are some more animal pages, all pen sketches:

And one more sketch for Evil Lynn... but she ended up looking only mildly evil, so she's gonna need more work:

Okie dokie... more to come in the next day or two... hopefully. Peace all!

-Daniel

www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phuzion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I could look at this stuff for hours, really great work.
    The value thumbs are excellent, as is the 'random' girl, amazed that you can draw the same face in those different expressions.
    Animal thumbs are great too, though one of the lions has quite big ears.
    Evil Lynn looks really good already, maybe you can sharpen her features a little more to make her more evil, her nose and mouth are maybe a bit too rounded to look evil.
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,
    yeh as Buzz said this update is really nice, I can scroll up and down over the animals for ages. I especially liked the horse page, I think you captured the most life in them.
    You might have said this, but I couldnt find it.. where are you drawing these from? The zoo? Also when youre drawing animals like this how do you go about doing it? I can kinda see the construction lines within, the large shapes.

Nice stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I thought I replied on the last one, You draw some sexy ladies. You also draw some kickass animals too, I also liked the frames from Blade Runner one of my all time favorite movies.You seem like you can do it all, great stuff.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GReat animals man. I love the cats and horsses. I bet its paid off you've been drawing horses for a while hasnt it?

I'm assuming these are for your dynamic sketching class arent they? Ive heard that class does wonders for your draftsmanship and you improvement goes through the roof...I'm going to take that class next term. YAY!

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man, i love the girlies. the way they look reminds me of Ian McCaig (star wars concepts)....not a bad thing at all. Really nice drawings though. and your animals rock...one day we should get a bunch of people together at the San Diego zoo....

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those animal sketches are awesome, makes me want to draw them. It's also good to know the anatomy of animals to help with some creature concepts...so it's a win win situation.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man, you are so good!

Keep it up dude! Id like to see more stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff here...love the last few posts!

daily sketchbook

You need to do more anatomy...and check your values....wait...did I just say that?
    [lowpolymatt]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    So great art! I'm realy impressed.
    Great animal studies, great landscape, great ladyes....miaammm.....I love the grey ones.
    By the way, where do you get the references for the animals?
    Again too great job.

Chau!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Buzzz3d: Thanks! I hate looking at my stuff for hours, but if it does it for you, then I won't stop you ;p

Schlo-mo: Hey man, thanks. The horses are mainly drawn from books, as there really aren't many (that I know of) in LA to draw ;p As to process... well you see it all right here. I do some really quick blocking in of the major shapes, then just come in with final lines... I'm really trying not to do too much underdrawing right now, as I think I rely on it too much. These are all done in straight pen, so every mark counts.

Bojee: Why thank you! I like ladies ;p I can't do it all yet, but I'm really working on it.

I.was.ink: Oskar!! Yeah, I use to draw horses a lot some... oh... 3 or 4 years ago, but it helped to just understand the general anotomy of animals. Yeah, these are for Dynamic Sketching, and you BETTER take the class, cause it'll push you like no other.

jetpack42: Hey hey! Gracias senor. Heh heh... I NEVER get people saying my stuff looks like someone else's... but on the very very rare occassion, it tends to be Iain McCaig. Yeah, I really want to go to the SD zoo... it's just a 2 hours drive for me... so we'll see.

Sok N. Wett: For sure. You SHOULD draw them, caaaaause... it's fun... aaaaand... it's sexy. Well, it's not sexy, but it makes you sexy. That's why i do it... it's my sexiness technique/plan.

Venndetta1: Wuuuuurd... I'm tickled. Here's some more, just for you ;p

lowpolymatt: Muchas gracias amigo!

joiton: heh heh, thanks. I think maybe I'll have to do a few more ladies... and maybe draw some too. The animals are drawn from books and the zoo, depending on the weather.

Okay! Here are just a few more pages... I have more, but I dont' have them scanned, oh well. Bugs this time. We had to draw insects, then design stuff inspired by them... so I did some insect/Bengal inspired bots, yeah. Any color is thrown on with markers and prismacolor pencil:

And for my Visual Development class, we had to design a tree, so here's mine so far. Taking the Tum Tum tree from Jabberwocky (again ;p) and doing my take on it. I'm not sure what my fascination with that poem and tree is about, but whatever... this work is still in progress:

rightio... that's that ;p

www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Phuzion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I really love those bugs, and those mech bugs, and the tree, shit I love all of em, so much variety in your arsenal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, those bugs look so good id even eat them....Anyways NICE work man, I dunno what else to say, seems thats the only thing I could say about your work is that its awesome, love your style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are hot as hell man!!
    gonna keep my eyes on you!

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 13