Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Sep 3

Thanks
    Stress seems to simultaneously prompt decision making while at the same time destroying ones ability to make a decent choice. Just leave the sketchbook sitting when you can't get to it. THe thread will be waiting. Besides, there's nothing wrong with drawing total crap during the busy times.

Anyhow, that guys face is great. You're always a reminder to me that I need to start thniking of faces more as a combination of planes.

Keep it up as best you can. End of semester times are always going to be ridiculous.

-Craig
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    thanks a lot for the support craig!

Thanks
    Well i never been here bofore so i am now and i really don't know what to say, except "your sketches are great" so keep it going ...
    DNA Daily Sketchbook
    Give Me A Place To Stand And I Will Move The Earth

Thanks
    thanks DNA!

havent been able to post my old computer was just fucked

been drawing maybe about half an hour a day...kind of been out of it no motivation and was kind of down

but im back hopefully

had an awesome class at life drawing on sat and i learnt a lot, and iom going to buy this mad german anatomyt book its drawings are so helpful that im going to pretend its not in german

anywho

drawings ahoy!

Sep 3
    Sep 3

some of these were life and some imagination as someone describes the pose and then u draw it, then the model poses then u draw it. they were also pretty quick ones we havent done any long poses in class

Sep 3

Sep 3

Sep 3

Sep 3
    Last edited by rodrigo!; December 5th, 2004 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks
    You draw damn well from imagination. And, it shows in those poses marked 'imagination.' The head first model second approach is really interesting. I've never heard of that.

Great work!

-Craig

p.s. for any upcoming life study are you considering trying anything besides graphite out?

Thanks
    Good to see I'm not only one doing a half butt job in their sketchbook! I'm totally with ya on the "not getting jack done" thing. It sucks but it looks like we're crawling out of it. Just in time for Winter break! Woo Hoo! Or is it summer for you? lol Hey, do the toilets really flush the opposite way down there? I'm a dork.

Stuff's lookin' good, bro. Try and be more consistent when rendering the form. Things are still lookin' flat. Try and remember those planes and bring out those shapes! It'd be cool to see you try and break away from that comic style and really try and get "real", if that makes any sense at all. And spend some time on something. Don't rush it. Just really develop the forms. Gosh I sound stupid. Take are, mate!

Ryan

Thanks
    thanks a lot craig for the kind words, no i will keep to graphite i have no clue how to use other media

ha! rsbnetz dont drag me into your ditch u were there for a month me only a week!! j/k
    yea i cant finish any drawings , mainly because i just hate wat i draw so much that i dont even bother to finish it, its a catch 22 because i cant get betyter unless i draw more
    well i guess i have plenty of things to sort out inside
    the fire is almost out

i went to the art school tonite for the sketch club
    the 30 min/gestures arent worth posting...but this is a 60 min pose, the rendering is screwed especially on the legs i noticed, a lot of the hatching lines flatten the form, i need to study that better, im getting this crazy german anatomy book and im going to use that to study anatomy so i can use that in my life drawing.

enough talking

Sep 3

Thanks

Thanks

Hey man

This is a great sketchbook you got here Rodrigo, just in case i have never told you that before. I love all the work you put in and how much you fill some of those pages up with studies. They are awesome. I really like one of your girls right at the top and these last 2 are awesome, especially the guy sitting down.

However i am really looking forward to you finishing that comic book page and getting to do more of those. Stories is what i would like to see more of. *S*

Keep it up man.
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    great sketchbook, Rod !

For someone who just started doing life model drawings, these are incredibly good. Nice shading on that last one.

Thanks
    Roddy ol' boy! Nice updates, man! I'm so excited to see the LIFE DRAWINGS! WOO HOO! You've got some nice starts here, bro. Remember the form. Shade into the direction the form is moving/shaped (as if your hand is running against it). Also, lose some of those lines. Rely on value to define some of those shapes and forms. I need to do more of this myself. I just find it hard to loose that comic/anime influence sometimes. It always creeps back up. Which can be ok, but for most of the life stuff, try and do it without da' lines. Keep it up.

Ry

Thanks
    R - People generally don't even come near that close when starting life drawing. Well done! I'm really impressed. It's kinda strange staring at a naked man for an hour though isn't it?

-Craig

Thanks
    comixnut youre too nice man!

thanks a lot nitevision

thanks zebbo i appreciate it. i think its not really my rendering thats at fault its the anatomy. i need to study the forms underneath to figure out how they affect the surface more. ordered a kickass anatomy book so ill be studying that which will hjopefully benefit.

thanks a lot craig it sure is man!!!!

thanks every1 for the input. i got some more to scan but the scanner and photoshop are being gay, so i mite not have anything for a bit.

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.