Sketchbook: Sep 3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sep 3

Thanks

Sep 16

hey everyone! I really want to improve my art, especially after seeing that thread about teenage artists, it was really motivating to see what others around my age are doing, I'm 17 at the moment, i still go to school, but yeah i really want to do art professionaly later on in life

i have also been inspired by kevin llellewyn and others to work harder too, and i'm going to do a lot of life drawing when i can, as well
    but for now i hope you can help me reach my goal,

at the moment im kind of in between sketchbooks...im going to buy a new one just for this thread, and yea these are some of my most recent ones.
    i mainly see my sketchbook as a creative outlet for trying different media and ideas...so yea,

if you would like to see my finished works , my website

EDIT 5/8/06: I am in the process of RE UPLOADING all the OLD images that I can! Today I have many from Oct/ Nov '04. I will keep trying to add a few more each update until I have most of them back up!
    cheers.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rodrigo!; September 16th, 2006 at 05:11 AM. Reason: had to
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Good stuff Rod. Glad to see you're stepping out of the shadows and deciding to up your game. I think you might wanna start by posting a few more finished pieces in here as well, just to give people a bit of background on you.

Thanks
    oh thanks cirty D heres some finished stuff i have done recently if any1 wants to have a look

Last edited by rodrigo!; May 8th, 2006 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks

The Bone Doctor Bids you Welcome!!!!

Welcome to the asylum ::: glad you checked yourself in ::: we are here to help you ::: do not fear I will be near!

Good sketchbook post ::: finished pieces are very good ::: will check back soon!

Thanks
    thanks a lot mentler man, much appreciated...I won't have any sketches until at least the weekend...exams all week...argh!

Thanks
    Ah, your startin' to up your game! Bout time! I told you that you needed to start kickin' up those lifedrawings. You stick with it and you're really going to be rockin'. I'll be checkin' back later. Good luck with midterms, I feel you.

Thanks
    thanx bro! whats ure real name again? ive always known you as "RSBNETZ" lol

heres a few quickies i did in between "study"...
    tomorow is my final exam for 4 days so i will buy a sketchbook and draw all afternoon to celebrate,

Last edited by rodrigo!; August 4th, 2006 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    It's Ryan, man. I know, it's been a while since we've talked about that. Keep those studies up, their lookin' nice. Bring on the stuff from life!

Thanks
    Keep the updates up dude this last one
    has a very nice sence of bulk, I can
    see your studing is paying off.
    Try cleaning up you lines a bit make more confited strokes
    you lines are a by too skechy in seccions
    of the drawings on the other hand your sence
    of volumen is leaping and improving very fast!

see ya

Thanks
    thanks ryan man, i can't scan any of the life drawing I did, maybe I can get a digi camera from someone i dunno...

thanks a lot maxetormer i will keep those ideas in mind in my next batch of sketches

Thanks
    this is tonights batch of poo

Last edited by rodrigo!; August 4th, 2006 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks
    nice sketches, you are getting better

Thanks
    Awesome man! I'm seeing improvement which is always, ALWAYS a good thing. Keep trucking!

Thanks
    thanks a lot jarman
    im disappointed with these i think i couldve done better
    i'll probably get more done tonite..

Last edited by rodrigo!; August 4th, 2006 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks
    These anatomical studies particularly will help you alot, Rod. Them and life drawing. Man, here at concept art, you gotta expect that ten or fifteen times a day, you're gonna hear that haha

Thanks
    Cool Stuff! By the way you have a lot of influences about comic style.. you should look more life models instead comics models.

Freelancer Artist

Thanks
    thanks dirty c yes yes julion ashton i know i know

thanks pich! i agree with you man which is why i drew mostly from reference , i used the newspaper , and i will again tomorow! thanks for the help man

here's tonights garbage...i have noticed in particular some distortions which i intend to fix..there is a lot of my weaknesses that i will try to target tomorow and hopefully improve on it.

im probably going to draw more tonight, into the early hours of the morning...just screw around with these inks i have, should bu fun

Last edited by rodrigo!; August 4th, 2006 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks
    first of all thanks for comment man.
    you are definetely good. like your bodys and faces.
    ill be watching you

Thanks
    Rodrigo!

So glad to see you keeping a sketchbook! It looks like you are putting in the hard work to improve. Let me tell ya, you are a lot more advanced and motivated than I was when I was your age. Keep experimenting, I really like the fact you are doing different mediums alongside the cool comic style you are developing. That sort of cross-pollination of art styles and influences will make you a very well rounded and versatile (And better) artist very quickly!

Well done! Im looking forward to seeing more updates from ya!

Cheers!~~~JadeDragon (PS...I really like that colored comic page with the guy and the city with the energy effect...intruiging story there.)

Thanks
    jokisalo- no problem...and thanks im glad u liked it man

thanks a lot jade dragon the comments are much appreciated...as for motivated well i have conceptart.org to thank for that all i need to go is broswe these forums for 20 minutes and i have all the inspiration i need

oh and.... i couldnt help myself..had to do muck around with these inks a bit more before the nights over...
    sleep time now

Thanks

Thanks

Thumbs up rodrigo

I'm WAY impressed with the three dimensionality in your sketches. You suggest so much with the few marks that you make. very economical and ... K I L L E R !!! uhh, yeah... Great great face and figurative studies. very very inspiring. I wish that I were where you were at when I was 17! PLEASE post more... great great work. It might be nice to see some longer figurative poses, maybe 30 min - 1 hour ones... worked and walked all the way up. You suggest so much with so little, that it seems like some of your better sketches deserve the render treatment. Just a little "tender loving f***ing with," that's all.

Regards,
    the gugg.

Thanks
    I actually had a bit of the opposite opinion from the last guy. I feel like you rush through a lot of these. For example, the renders still aren't very good or consistant. You need to pace yourself and really think out the forms you're shading. The muscle studies were nice and the facial planes were good too. But I think you need to apply some of that sort of stuff to your actual work. You're still drawing like a Witchblade comic book which is fine but if you want that style to get better you need to take a break and work on some life drawing. That includes still lifes, etc. I'm going to keep preaching this to you until I see you do it! I'm serious, you're no where near where you could be and only careful analysis and life studies are going to help! Ok, so other stuff will help too but I'm gonna keep pushin on these. Remember, traditional drawing is really where all styles seem to start and if you get that stuff down you're stuff you really enjoy to do will improve 10 fold.

Sorry if I'm being harsh on ya! I'm just trying to kick your butt in the right direction, at least from my perspective. So again, nothin' wrong with crankin' out a ton of work as long as you spend the time to make it good. Quality, not neccessarily quantity. Although it's always good to have both. Ok, I'm rambling. Take it easy man.

Thanks
    Very solid sketches! Are most of these done without ref? I like the inks on the last page alot. It seems like that's a good tool to practice composition with, as well as your figures - post more of them!

Thanks
    Solid work though I agree with ZebzFree that you need to take your time for these and work on the basics first, this will give you a solid foundation.
    Anatomy/lifedrawing are the way.
    Keep drawing!
    Cheers.

Thanks
    guggenmaneuver: wow man, thanks so much for that comment, i dunno what else to say

zebzfree: you mean bastard. I hate you

...kidding man....yea i agree more time on my work is a good idea. Crapola! i forgot to do some still lifes...i'll do some soon i promise...as for rendering, well i suck at it but ill try to get better, but i guess the main reason before that I didn;t post any full rendered was because i wanted to work on construction more.

thanx a lot velo some of it was done with some without, usually i just do some for fun to wind down, not as serious studies or anything

buzzz3d- yea man you're right and i will be working more on the basics, and i will continue to..as for life drawing, well....

i'm going tomorow!

tomorow night i'm going to a sketch club thing where they have a model for 2.5 hours, but theres no teacher it will be a while before i can post them because i have no digi camera.

anyway heres todays and yesterdays work..things are hectic because of exams..
    but yea the first two were done DURING the exam, how hardcore am i??? LOL! it was a great oppurtunity to draw from life quickly before they moved..was good fun.
    The rest are more sustained drawings

Thanks
    so much on new uptade. love it man!
    love your body studis!

Thanks

Thanks
    That's what I'm talking about! FROM LIFE! LoL May not be the exact results you wanted but it takes time to see the fruits of your labor. Trust me, it'll pay off. Still wanting you to take your time more on your pencil renders but the second image up is a step in the right direction. Keep it up!

Thanks
    thanks ryan

hey all i wont have any updates tonite...im going to do some life drawing tonight!! just got back from my last 2 exams and now im about to leave to go for some life drawing! I can't post them until i get hold of someones digital camera.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1