need thoughts
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: need thoughts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

need thoughts

these are just a few of my old drawings, thought it would be great if you could comment on them and just tell me what you think needs to be done that would be great

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    umm the link wont work, and youl get more replies if you direct link your images in.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Extra http added. Link's at

http://www.aprchurches.org/teens/gal...e=JustinsWorld

Personally I think the wasp drawing is the best one you've done. It seems fairly realistic and the exoskeleton is textured nicely.

With the Justin one, the head isn't formed very well. It's very angular and small. Also the neck seems to be too long, so unless you meant that you might want to watch it from now on. On the other hand, you seem to have done a pretty good job of the folds in the cloth. Maybe a few slightly strange shapes, but nothing that really looks out of place or couldn't happen.

To improve the others I'd recommend life drawing classes. Although you seem to be able to get a picture down, you dont seem to be able to get much energy in it (have a look in the daily sketchbooks, especially Prostate Sunrise's for examples of energetic sketches) Also you seem to have some basic anatomy problems that would be helped by classes. If you can't make classes, try going out and sketching from life more. Also try sketching from reference with a short time limit (try 30 seconds, or 15 if you want a challenge)

You could also try experimenting more with line weight, try and draw much more loosely using line weight to suggest shadows and curves and see how it goes.

Anyway, thats me about done. Keep working at your art. You will improve at it, it just takes practice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I remember your work from when you posted last time.
    Big-Dave has some really good suggestions.
    I like the alien head a lot. The linework and construction is just a lot more sensitive.
    Do some new pieces and post them up so we can see them.

keep it up!
    emily

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.