Art: Concept design : Hover Fighter jet
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Concept design : Hover Fighter jet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Concept design : Hover Fighter jet

I have not posted here in a while. Mainly because of my lack of internet. Now I got 56k so I'l try and post some now and then.

I was pretty much messing around when I created this ship. My goal was to do everything I did not want to do. Haha, I wanted at first to make it long and sleek but then I thought that would be to common of a design, so I tried mixing two ideas into one. It did not turn out that great but it was some good practice. The jets on the bottom of the ship allow it to hover.

ok THanks for viewing.

Program used : Painter IX
    Time it took : nearly 4 hours

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it looks like a troop carrier, the front could drop down and the troops disembark. nicedesign but there is a reason aircraft have the shape they do.

still great render

john mac

nothing to lose so go for it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, this looks fantastic!

It does, however, seem to be designed by two different manufacturers. The back reminds my of a mix between one of Kelly Johnson's designs from Lockheed and the latest thing coming down from Boeing, while the front is a cross between a Peterbilt and a Maytag.

I don't do a lot of concept work like this, but from a pilot-standpoint, there needs to be a whole lot more visibility to the sides (you wouldn't believe how important that is). Of course, in the future, who knows?

But, as I said, this looks awesome. Very nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh, dogfood just hit upon the reason why flight sims on the computer will never feel right unless you get yourself a 3-monitor angled setup with peripheral views. And even then... feh!

Lol, that comment aside:
    • nice rendering of the metal. Not as good as I've seen from some other folks, but you're still years ahead of me
    • I like the glow effects. Very shiny, and whatnot.
    • The boxy front LOOKS cool, but as far as aerodynamics go... well engineers have been fired for smaller mistakes (just teasing, it's not that bad).
    • I need to learn to make those seams between the metal plates the way you do. They're beleivable enough to keep me from criticizing them, which is nice.
    • It looks like you spent less time on the back than the front. Some of the depth that's great in the front turns fuzzy and warm near the back.

I think I'm done now, but I might come back after eating a sammitch (spelled that way, it's just so delightfully funny isn't it?).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DeLux- there's a gentleman in Australia with a 19 monitor set-up. Not a 19" monitor set-up; he has NINETEEN monitors and does some very nice sim flying. I prefer the dome, but the darn thing won't fit in my office.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.