Thanks

Vylla – Color and Light 1.1

Name:  port.png
Views: 724
Size:  132.0 KB

Mass Light: This can be used as a really good framing device for the composition. I think when I was playing with the light it was the only thing that's worth concentrating on to start.
    Half Tone: I think I'd been approaching half tones wrong before. While the mass light and mas shadow define the composition, the half tones make form the actual subject.
    Highlights: Highlights are best used on edges of things, or sharp transition points and are used a lot less than I'd originally thought.
    Mass Shadow: I had fun using the mass shadow to transition seamlessly to the background. Had this been a lighter background I think the mass shadow would have been more important to figuring out thumbnails.
    Fill Light: There was way more of this than I thought there was and it reached way farther than I'd assumed. Like, there's some all the way up underneath my eyebrows which I wasn't expecting.
    Core Shadow: Used just as sparingly as highlights, very similarly to highlights, to define sharp edges.
    Cast Shadow: I was surprised how little of the apparent gradiation in the cast shadow has nothing to do with the color picked for the cast and all to do with the colors around it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'd say this is pretty darn solid. I can't pick out any specific thing to critique. Everything looks smooth due to a lack of texture and detail, but that'd definitely take another big chunk of time if you wanted to tackle it. All in all, I think you've described the forms very well, and the lighting looks great. High five.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    This is stellar. No feedback necessary. Keep up the great work. Just more more more.

jm