Vegetarians
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarians

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Vegetarians

I know there's a few of you out there, but just how many vegetarians/vegans does ca have? Are there any stereotypes that you encounter?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I`m on top of the food chain and i like it here!

I have heard many reasons for being a veggie, everything from "they are too cute to eat" to "god didn`t mean for men to eat animals".

I am kinda curious what different peoples personal reasons for being vegetarians are.

(ps: I fully respect vegetarians. I am however a little suspicious of people that eats dirt.. )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Veggies :)

So yeah, I'm a vegetarian (not a Vegan) and have been so for a year I think. Reason is, I simply lost my taste for meat. It doesn't agree with my stomach or body anymore and any time I've tried to eat it, I feel sick. I can't even eat fish anymore, which I'm kind of annoyed with, I liked tuna.

Whenever I encounter some steak lovin', low-carb, protein junky I tell 'em I'm a vegetarian and they look at me like I'm from planet Mars. I love it.

Of course when I think of how the animal could have had a pretty disgusting life, being fed ground up leftover junk from other dead animals, as well as chemicals, that doesn't make things too appetizing. Also there is the chance of getting food poisoning from bacteria in meat, or the chance of ground up veins, blood, and bone in the meat too. Grosses me out even more.

I think I'll stick with my whole wheat spaghetti.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ..I was vegetarian for 5 years whilst at school (of all places)

Reasons? I didnt like the taste of Beef, or the stringy bits on chicken...

I didnt last long, I missed burgers...

Mollyx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I suppose I'd become a vegetarian if every living thing got along.

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,195 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    1) humans lived many years not eatting meat, so meat is NOT needed to live, the only thing that meat gives to humans that is required that you can't get from artificial food is the vitamin b12.

2) I cannot denying that hunting is part all living beings life styles but, most creautres on earth don't have the option to go other routes, so though it isn't a perfered choice for all humans, it should be respected that we DO have the option to choose this route.

3) I'd rather kill humans than animals.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am no where near vegetarian but we have this wicked store in Vancouver called salad loop, un-believ-able.

Bottom line is that I don't believe a strict veg diet is healthy in any way, there are specific branched protein amino chains your body NEEDS to function properly which can not be synthesized in Soy or beans.

Plus how in the world can you turn down lemon Halibut!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i live in texas and once saw this video in highschool (my h.s. had an agriculture program) that showed how chickens are kept and how cows are killed and just the whole process and i decided to stop eating meat.

its kinda like voting where you feel like your one decision doesnt matter but theoretically it does.

anyway to get back to the first question. the stereotypes i often encounter are that people think youre a tree-hugging earth-loving hippie who likes to proselytize about the benefits of eating vegan.
    in fact i try not to mention the fact that i'm vegetarian because often i find people who eat normally think i'm automatically looking down on their way of life. which isnt true.
    i still miss spaghetti sauce with meatballs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a meat eater and hunter, sorry. But my best friend is a vegetarian. We always give him a hard time. Good protein and it tastes good, but everyone has their own preferences.

I don't know if this is a stereotype or fact, but from everything I've seen...Vegetarians have always had a smaller build, they are thinner than meat-eaters.

Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Go to a mirror and look at your own teeth.

Guess what, we were ment to eat meat...

..now get over it...Freaks.

(By the way.. meat is good, you sukc tobe fattay hah)

...hmm.. im hungry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    poppy seed bun on a hamburger!!! What the heck??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man that sure looks good, cept for those moldy looking seeds.....
    My mom and aunt n uncle took me to a cow farm once and they killed a a live cow in front of me, I can remember every single vital cuts from the neck and below, and how the cow tried to struggle while blood was spilling from it's neck, while being hanged by it's rear foot and tied by ropes hanging on to a metal post. I was about 10 at the time. It's the same technique for chicken, I once had a half cut neck chicken running around my house, with it's head leaning to the side, I can see why people would rather be Vegans.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sok...I saw stuff like that too...and have helped gut em and cut em. Most kids I knew growing up, hunted and gutted around that age...normal in hunting families.

Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL cool so I'm not the only one that participated too, didn't want to put that in cause it would have made me sound like a psycho....but we did have food for the whole month so it was all good.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by softdrawer
    wow thats freaky! Amazing. is that real??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    probably is real. all they did is cut away the bone surrounding the very roots of the teeth.

i'm an animal lover, as in i love the way they taste.

i learned today that if you eat a cat's brain while the synapses are still firing, you can get high off the natural mescaline flowing around inside its brain. gonna try it, i'll get back to you and let you know how it goes.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol bizarre

To be honest, I hate most vegetarians. Most of the ones at school just won't shut up about being a vegetarian. "Don't eat meat! Cute animals are food to you?!". Geez, I've come close to punching them in the face. I'm serious, it makes me fucking crazy when people try to force shit on me. I'll eat meat if I damn well want to, and no one is going to force me not to eat it. Also, my french teacher, shes a vegetarian and she always talks about it. IT DRIVES ME INSANE! Its also really funny, lol, I can't stop laughing about it... The woman is getting married this week, and her new name is going to be "McDonald", lol the irony!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm vegetarian. Because of moral reasons and because I never liked meat.
    And I dislike many nonvegetarians because of similiar reasons why AnarchyAo2 hates most vegetarians.

Everytime I eat with nonvegetarians its like "What? You don't eat meat? You are a freak!"

Beeing a vegetarian or not is a personal thing. I like to discuss about it, but not while I'm eating. And I don't look down on people just because they have another opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously, I think some of the people posting in this thread should grow up... comments that belittle the people who just were talking about their lifestyle isn't cool. They're not freaks, they just don't eat meat, who are you to say what's better for them? Does it make you feel insecure that some people don't eat meat? I don't think the spirit of this thread was meant to be against meat-eaters, so don't turn it against the people who started it.

For the record, I eat meat, but I just get bothered hearing all the criticism of people simply for what's on their dinner plate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Meat eater all the way, everything but wet sausages and salty bacon. We have the teeth and the guts to be omnivorous, if we were meant to be vegetarians we would have a larger apendix or multiple stomachs.

We have killed and eaten animals before we were even human so i thinks it's only right we keep doing it, or we're gonna end up dependent on manufactured foods.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I'm speaking from experiences. Most of them I've met are assholes who won't keep quiet about their beliefs. I mean, most of my friends are atheists (Probably the largest group of them in the school), and we don't tell everyone else that god isn't real. You know why? Because when you try to force people to believe your ideas they get pissed. And making people mad causes people to hate you, then to discriminate and sterotype you! I'm an example of my own analogy! There is a right way to state your ideas, but by force and being annoying isn't one of them. I think we can agree on that.

Zak: Yeah, you probably get 1,000,000x more grief then I do. I'm suprised you have stabbed someone yet (Unless you already have). But, I've never told a vegetarian that eating meat is right. I could care less if someone doesn't eat meat. Its just, I already know why you guys think eating meat is wrong, I don't need to hear it a million times. If I wanted to be one, I would.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this thread is getting pretty funny.
    i dont believe anyone here is trying to sway anyone to become vegetarian or omnivorous. i'm sorry that some of the vegs that yall have met like to sit on a moral high throne and tell you your lifestyle is wrong.

but its just a personal preference.

it's like hating someone because they like to wear black socks with running shoes. on the other side of the coin i've dealt with many people who when you even state that youre a vegetarian they get hostile and offended like you just rejected thier mothers home cooking. whether eating meat is what humans were or werent designed to do. is moot as hell. humans werent designed to live in cubicles for 9 hours of the day. humans werent designed to fuck animals either. but people who are into bestiality manage.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't hate people who wear black socks with running shoes, but I do hate people who wear socks with sandals. JUST WEAR SHOES JACKASSES!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutani
    Um, actually humans were designed to eat meat as well as vegetables, fruits and other such things. I yet have to see someone who is unhealthy because he its meat, and someone who's healthy because he spends 9 hours in a cubicle every day. As for bestiality, sexual attraction to something other then healthy opposite-gendered member of your species is unhealthy. Feel free to try and prove that wrong.
    It IS a moot point. The fact is that for the first time in history, humans can get by fairly easily WITHOUT eating meat. Yet we have gigantic corporations whos only business is to raise and then kill animals for human consumption. I personally don't agree with that. Animals shouldn't be harvested so we can enjoy the taste. I grew up in a hunting family and have killed and gutted a deer. Shot ducks, shot ducks not so cleanly and had to snap its neck. I have lived that and can understand it. (though I felt pretty bad about the deer, it was just out having a nice afternoon and because I thought hunting was fun, I put an end to its afternoon. pretty silly really)

Oh and about the protein issue.. soy does actually have all the essential amino acids...

"Of the twenty-two amino acids we require, our body produces only fourteen. These are called nonessential amino acids. The remaining eight are called essential amino acids, which must come from the foods we eat. Soy protein provides all eight of these amino acids, making it a complete protein. Besides having a higher quality protein, soybeans also have a higher amount of protein than other beans."

eggs also have the complete 8, if you choose to eat those or not. Besides, soy milk is sooooooo gooooooooood

live and let live

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is no right or wrong way to live while eating, it is preference, and one shouldn't force another to eat what they want, if you like vegetables that's good for you, if you like meat that's kew with me, I like both, so If I'm eating my delicious meat don't come up and start talking to me about how bad it is. Don't be like a telemarketer and interupt my dinner, plain and simple.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutani
    Your point being?...
    Because I can live off of plants, I should?
    It's your choice to eat or not to eat whatever you like, but don't try and make it look like the "right" thing to do.
    if you were to read what I wrote and then settled down a bit.

by "live and let live" I was referring to the fact that I stated my case to de-bunk some of what people said and to give a different perspective. (coming from a family VERY much into hunting and a "meat and potatoes diet") and that I am down with whatever people do. Just tossing my two cents out there.

by live and let live I was not referring to animals or making any political finishing statements. live and let live, as in DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AND DON'T GET PISSED CAUSE ITS NOT WORTH IT. Live your life the best YOU can. jesus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyAo2
    I don't hate people who wear black socks with running shoes, but I do hate people who wear socks with sandals. JUST WEAR SHOES JACKASSES!
    Would they be of the former soviet bloc?

As for my diet, I'm an omnivore, except for things with small bones in them, kinda strange, huh? I wouldn't touch a drum stick, or a chicken breast, but I love nuggets. Religious Jews believe in seperating meat and milk (although fish don't count for some reason) and can't eat the two together, I hate the few times this affects my Secular living...

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,597 Times in 2,204 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    here is some info for the vegans!

http://216.197.111.89/public/folder_...&folderid=5546

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL....they actually have those......weird, I thought it was just plastic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...this really took off. I never really intended this to turn into a debate about vegetarianism, the fact is whether or not you eat meat or animal products is your own choice. I know there are some vegetarians out there who try and shove their ideas down your throat, but i am not one of them, and on the other hand am pretty offended when people attack me for a choice that is mine to make. About the 'hypocrisy' associated with being vegetarian, i for one do not abstain from meat because of the killing of animals, but because of the cruelty that they face being raised solely for their meat. I think really what I take offence at is that the animals do not have a chance at all to live a normal, free life, and if they do, there's no way they can run fast enough or be strong enough to avoid a bullet though their heart or a piston through their skull. People have their own reasons, please don't turn this into a string of flames.

You can eat all the meat that you want, I wont stop you, I won't try to force my beliefs on you, but please, show me the same consideration.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.