Thanks

Vice President Debate: What do you think?

Title speaks for itself.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Mr. GloomDoom > Mr. Sunshine

I'm too tired to start writing about politics, but thats my simplified answer. Next!
    Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Vader = Luke.

tie.
    ~.cfb, proud member of the Middle Class.

Thanks
    either way, america is really skrewed, especially if bush wins, so many hate us now, its only a matter of time until terrorists start gettin away with shit again, i dont think vice presidents are gonna make much of a difference at this point, i hope we dont get nuked but what can ya do eh
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Cheney is still convinced that the world likes him...

Thanks
    What's funny was Cheney was defending his position about Halliburton by referring viewers to factcheck.com when that site links to georgesoros.com which has a nice little banner that says "Why we must not re-elect president Bush" The real site was factcheck.org which isn't too flattering about Cheney either.

I didn't think there were many new issues talked about. It seemed more like a repeat of Thursday. A couple times I thought Cheney got the upper hand(in terms of being well spoken). All in all I'd say it was almost even with a slight nod to Cheney. But when it comes to all the misinformation spread, they both win.

Sigh...I guess this election is just another one of those "pick the lesser of two evils" elections.

and gasmask- the scariest thing is that Bush has a very real chance of winning. He will most likely win most of the south and midwest with Kerry getting the Northeast and West Coast. I check this website every now and then to get a general idea of what's gonna happen. http://www.electoral-vote.com/
    Last edited by sula_nebouxi; October 6th, 2004 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks
    Bush is going to win, unfortunately.
    Either that or something bad will happen before the elections.
    Cheney wasn't defending his points he was merely attacking the integrity of the Edwards and Kerry.
    I was so hoping for Cheney to explode in a "Go fuck yourself!" moment after the attention on Halliburton during the debate.

Thanks
    Aren't we all pessimistic. The situation for Kerry has improved dramatically since the last debate. If he can secure the next one, there is an excellent chance of victory.

Thanks
    When I finally look at a televised debate from start to finish, it's one I have nout to do with.. Next thing you know, I'll be tuning in to see the Afghans debating. Anyway, Edwards destroyed him. I'd go with them if I had a say in the matter. Lesser of two evils.

Thanks
    sula, are you sure it wasn't http://www.fat-check.com/? Or even a site about fat chicks or something?

Thanks
    Yeah, I heard "fat check" also.

Evildisco: I'm going to disagree with you. I don't think Bush will win at all. The last time Bush only "won" because Gore's people gave up too early, letting Bush's Crime Family do their fucking-up-of-the-votes. This time the Democrats are not going to give up. They said they'll be out in the streets on election day making sure people know what the actual numbers are, and not just the numbers that fuckin' Fox News puts out, which is all right wing numbers as we all know. So don't get yourself too down man!

I think Edwards showed a very compassionate side, where Cheney just fed lies. He said things that are flat out wrong, and have no basis in reality. I think both were very well spoken, but Edwards spoke with conviction and gave us facts. He reiterated what Kerry said in the Presidential Debates as to their intention with the war in Iraq. Edwards spoke of the need to correct the wrongs that have been done there. They've made it clear that they're not intending to just pull out, but instead they will help the people to rebuild, and strengthen the relationships with the other nations. But that they will also find those actually responsible for 9/11, instead of chasing people that aren't even linked to what brought us there in the first place... talk about your all time tangents.
    Cheney is more well spoken than the Tex, but that's about all he's got. To quote Air America Radio, "I want a president that's smarter than I am".
    Last edited by Phuzion; October 6th, 2004 at 09:47 PM.
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    I'd like to be optimistic about Kerry/Edwards' chances, but most all the contested states (Florida, Ohio, etc.) can very easily go to Bush. People think he's a nice guy, no matter what he does, and others think that you have to start wars and talk tough to win against terrorism.

Gore won the majority of the vote (the popular vote) last time, but Bush is what we got, after contests in the courts and some very suspicious vote-counting. And not much has changed (with the voting machines and the biased courts and people's opinions--even though a LOT has changed, if you think of the war and 9/11 and global warming and the economy) in the past four years. The country is still split pretty much down the middle.

Thanks
    Repulicanized Fox News will say it's split down the middle, but 2/3 of all registering/registered voters are democrats. We're the majority by a long ways... The problem is that not enough people vote when it comes time, and of course there are more people complaining than there are voting, which is a crime, seriously. This isn't even a close race if people get off their asses and do something. However, the BCF (Bush Crime Family), from what I can tell, doesn't even really care about this election (not as much as the last one), becuase they have all their business plans in place that will set them up with millions of dollars for the rest of their lives. That's all they care about. And the don't care who they have to kill to get that money. It's not about owning all that oil, but rather being able to control the prices of it. Before this war, the BCF was making 8$ for every barrel of oil, now they're making $44/barrel. Tell me that's not insane profits. They've resorted to lying on public telivision about things that have already been proven to be lies, but they don't care. They have their money making schemes in place for at least their lifetimes, and that's their legacey. It was never about finishing anything for them... they went into a war without a plan to exit... so now we're stuck with thousands of troops over there that can't leave without the whole of Iraq falling into complete civil war and chaos to a greater degree than it already has, and it's up to Kerry and Edwards to try and clean up this epochal mess that the Bush Crime Family has created, while the BCF just sits back collecting the profits built upon thousands and thousands of innocent lives. Half the polls being released are put out by Republican owned corporations... namely General Electric which owns half the news. They are also the larget weapons manufacturer in the world's history, so they are making billions of dollars as they manufacture weapons for this war, so it behooves them to use their news stations to make people believe that the majority of this country is for the war. That's not true at all. The majority is against the war, but the only people that raise their voices are the damn Right Wingers, and GE would have us believe that the republicans and pro war jackasses are a majority, when they don't even comprise 1/3 of the population!! Whew... okay... getting too worked up here, sorry Just, don't go quietly. We need to make some noise and let them know they can't fuck us over again... don't listen to the right wing stations, listen to NPR, listen to Air America Radio. You can listen to Air America Radio online! It's so easy!! But they report facts that public TV stations and radio stations are afraid to report. They will also give you all the information needed to back it up, not vague statistics. OKAY!! /me takes deep breath.... I'm done... TAKE THE POWER BACK!!
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    Sometimes it's nice to read the news from someone else's perspective. I usually check CNN but when I have the time I'll visit BBC and if I feel like having a laugh, Al Jazeera. Although to be fair, Al Jazeera does have some things I don't hear on US news.

After a while(read:10 seconds) I realized there's really no news station out there without at least some kind of slant, some way more than others(Al Jazeera). As far as I'm concerned, any news station that's biased is obviously not a *completely* reliable news source. So, which station do I trust? That's easy, none of them. If something really important appears on one station which has the possiblity of being skewed, I'll check a few others and hopefully get a clue as to what's going on from looking at all the accounts. I also visit this one weblog that somehow gets lots of news articles from various smaller news companies. I won't metion which cause they post everything there, and I mean everything including the stuff not for the kiddies.

Anyways enough about the biased news and whatnot. Oh and about what Cheney said...fat-check works too, he wants everyone to get rid of that blubber

Thanks
    Phuzion, I think it is more than the Bush family behind all this, they are the ones on the spotlight right now but there are thousands others behind curtains.
    There are much more interests at stake than the ones stated.
    I am more preoccupied by Cheney than the dimwit cowboy.
    I read a couple of months ago on a Rolling Stone article, about a little plan that Cheney and Rumsy created during Bush sr. term, on how to eliminate Russia and Asia as a economic threat to the US, and thats just the beginning.
    In few words, the idea was abominable.
    Even republicans dislike Cheney.
    How can there exist a person who denies the damage caused by global warming.
    He is the vice president.
    Better kick Cheney and his friends out of there fast.