Art: demon girl (charcoal)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: demon girl (charcoal)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

demon girl (charcoal)

ok this is my 2nd peice done with charcoal, and the reference photo i started with was cough ashlee simpson cough, haha but i started this like a month or 2 ago and stoped working on it and also i lost the reference photo so all i had was the outline so i just went at it with nothin to look at, and that might have been a bad idea cuz i think the eye to our right is kinda funky, i couldnt figure out where to place it lol, and i was doing this on some red paper so i was just said hey why not give her some demon horns lol. im still working on this cuz ill keep thinking of crap i need to fix, like the dumb eye which is gonna be hard to mess with seems charcoal doesnt like to be erased.

C&C welcome as their should be lots of it lol

EDIT ive completly redone the eye and moved the other as well and added some more shadows and hightlights

Last edited by NinjasRevenge; October 4th, 2004 at 11:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anyone? lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not a bad piece of work. only thing is that the nose and lip area look kinda off.

cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good.
    The nose is a little long. You really can't change much in charcoal at this stage. Just remember it for next time. Have you tried vine charcoal? It's very light and you can wipe most of it off so it makes a good first step. Get everything the way you want it then go over it with harder pencils.
    Remember the eyes are halfway down the face. The bottom of the nose is halfway from the eyebrow to the tip of the chin, and the bottom of the lower lip is halfway from the bottom of the nose to the tip of the chin. Every person varies slightly, but if you start from this baseline you'll be closer to a likeness than if you don't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx alot for the tips their, and i completly forgot about the vine charcoal lol, i was using the pencils and to tell u the truth, i know nothing about the diferences in the 3 i have, i just used a diff one each time the other ran low so i didnt have to resharpin them cuz its hard to do, damn tips break alot. this is only my 2nd charcoal peice tho, so next time if i attempt somthing using it ill buy some vine charcoal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think the problem here is that the head and nose are in a 3/4 pose but the other facial features are put in a frontal view.. this makes the pose look kinda off.. fixing that you have a nice pic!

Lim

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.