First Time Dump Of ArtWork.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First Time Dump Of ArtWork.

(Ready To Be Seen) Hey, this is my first time dumping artwork. I'm currently a freshmen at Ringling School Of Art & Design. Im putting up as many pieces as possible. One is a male nude done in class 2hrs. The other is a sketch done all in photoshop: Titled Illusions Of A Bounty Hunter. Note: I haven't done much if anything in photoshop; learning as I go. AS for the male nude, needed more shading and rounding of the figure. Too lazy to explain the rest of my work, I will tell you that all my self protraits are inspired by none another than Andrew Jones. Hope to do as many as he did by the time I have finished my 4 yrs. and of course improve in creatvity and quality while in ringling, also dropped some CG , not really great just been messing around with maya and one oil painting the skull_study. Any feedback good or bad welcomed, as well as tips and tricks on photoshop, painter or human figure drawing. Added 3 new images (wax hand holding a skull, painting in oil not finished, while at fews. And a hatching of a sculpture around campus though it looks like crap......... Hope to hear from someone soon thanx.P.S. Almost forgot Illustration Major. =)

Chubbs.
    [IMG]First Time Dump Of ArtWork.[/IMG]
    [IMG]First Time Dump Of ArtWork.[/IMG] [IMG]First Time Dump Of ArtWork.[/IMG]
    [IMG]First Time Dump Of ArtWork.[/IMG] [IMG]First Time Dump Of ArtWork.[/IMG]

Last edited by chubbs; October 4th, 2004 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Didn't have the images I wanted to show yet
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hullo

you seem to be pushing yourself to work in different sorts of media, which is very admirable. I'd say find your strongest point, (I think drawing in your case) and push it to the limit. Then work with the same intensity on developing your other skills and when you get to your best in all of them, it'll be hard to resist working with you. Keep it up. ciao.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanx, For the Feed back!=0)

Thought I would never hear from anyone.hahahaaha. Yeah, I know what you mean obi_e about keeping to my guns until I master one skill, just feel the need to be good at it all. Especially in today's art world where they expect you to know more than past artist of our time. I will try to lay off maya for awhile and sculpture. I'll try to put more focus into drawing, painting and digital art since its almost identical to traditional with some added differences here and there.

Freshmen
    Ringling student
    Chubbs..

Art is my only truth: chubbs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i agree with obi..
    you are doing too much with digital media with a lack of experience with drawing..
    do life drawing
    do it every day..

i know working digital is very luring (i did it too first) but you first have to manifest your skills with traditional media before going forward to digital..
    and even then, don't think you can EVER draw enough.. that's just the best exercise you can get!

btw the skull is sweet tho

good luck

Lim

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanx For the Feedback.

Thanx for the feed back Lim, just so you know, I really dont do much in PS or Painter just started. As, for maya, I'll give it a rest for a while, though I feel such a need to do it all; I 'll take it one step at a time. I wont promise I'll stop with the digital art though, I'll just do less of it for now. As, for traditional I know I have along way to go and believe me coming to this site time and time again keeps me ground and inspired. I have alot of work to do before my art even looks half way decent.

Art is my only truth: ALex a.k.a Toorch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the skull really draws me in chubbs, id have to say its one of my favorites to.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.