Art: Anyone wanna see my art?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone wanna see my art?

Hiya

As I believe is the way many artists end up here, I was kind of forced by a friend to post my work here. I feel nervous standing between the gods of art itself, but he assured me it would be an educational experience.
    So hit me with what you got so I can forgive him...

Anyone wanna see my art?
    Anyone wanna see my art?

Last edited by Kitsunei Foshu V; September 29th, 2004 at 10:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff!

You definately have some nice pencil skills, the texture of the tree is awesome. You've mastered clothing/fold drawing pretty well. Your 'self image' has a lot of personality.

Keep up the good work

Ryz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out of the 78 viewers...could someone please give my friend a comment or two ...he has already heard enough from me...

Last edited by nightdreamz04; September 29th, 2004 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Im a Ree Ree

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One newbie to another, things like this shoudl be posted in the helpful critiques, or sketch/ work in progress sections. I've found that no matter how good you think you are, this is a community built upon reputation and experience. That reputation is built by the opinions of the other members. It's a fair process, really. No one wil single anyone out, and if you're good, you'll be liked, and your opinion will carry that much more weight, because everyone will know you're good.

If you're entering and you're not that good, or at least as good as you could be. Of course, that's why you post in the helpful critiques section, to get better. And gleaning from the experience and techniques of this forum's senior members. That's how you move up in the ranks.

Oh yeah, 78 views is nothing on this forum too. If there's no replies after about 200, then you should begin to wonder what's going on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry about replies, what tend to happens is that other people reply on other threads which will bring yours down, you'll get replies but it takes time. Your pencil rendering is awesome I love it, keep it up man. The only crits that I have is that the pants folds by the ankle makes it look like it's suction to his ankles, and the area by his waist makes it looks like your bottom half have a jaggedy anatomy. Another way to get more replies is to start a sketchbook thread like most people, and put your thread link where your signature is like mine and the rest of the artist here, this way you can also build a repor, and you'll have regulars coming in to check your stuff. Well hope that helps, and keep posting, you'll make great friends here, oh and check out the Thunderdome 8 info, might be a good challenge for you to do that. AHHH my english is bad and i'm in america, sorry had to type it out super fast.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry if this post seems harsh, I didn't realize how harsh it was until after I wrote it. I guess it's a learning experience You have great potential, just saying off the bat.

First off, welcome to forums! As suggested before, you may want to create a sketchbook under the sketches forum, great way to get replies, see improvement, etc.

For the first picture, the tree looks great, the texture on it is very good and the form of it all seems captured quite well. One thing that bothers me is that it looks like your character has been pasted on to the tree, two seperate images. There seems to be no direct source of light, and the folds along with the lighting on the tree just seem to have been done with not a lot of thought at all. The grass, also, seems so oversimplified it gives a nice effect off, but in a finished piece you may want to consider having the image be complete and altogether. The person, the tree, and the grass all seem like three seperate images, connecting to eachothre in small ways (overlap, I guess).
    The anatomy of the person is incorrect, and studies would help you capture correct proportions and relation between the parts in the body. If you are serious about being an artist, steer away from Anime completely. Anime simplifies things, and most likely if you started out doing Anime, you did not inherit the knowledge that the artists who create Anime have.
    Draw from life!!!
    Even though there are problems with the first one, it shows you have a basic understanding of shapes and composition.

The first thing that struck me were the many anatomy/proportion problems on the second one. The waist is almost the size of the neck....Study more, and study hard The shading is good on the pants and shoes, the best part of this drawing, but you still have much to learn.

Very good beggining, but steer away from anatomy. And welcome to CA!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your stuff is really nice. with some time youl get to a super high level once you gain more knowledge in art (eg. anatomy etc). your headed in the right direction.

cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the pose and shoes on the 2nd dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone, I never saw the use going to an acedemy anyway because I could teach myself well enough, but hearing the things you say about my work really gives me the idea of what i need to work on.

I'll be doing somwe life-drawing from now on and maybe later I'll put them all in a sketchbook for u to see.

Thanks again

"Live to inspire and aspire to be yourself" =KFV=

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wanna see myart

Most inpressive work.

I'm light in darkness and darkness in light.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.