why George did this ??
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: why George did this ??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

why George did this ??

I got the dvd trilogy, and i saw with my own eyes that he did it.... i don't understand why...
    it's not logical at all,we don't know what Anakin will looks like older so why change the actor ? in that way, he should have put Ewan Mcgregor too...

Last edited by Forge; September 28th, 2004 at 10:36 AM.
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For consistency, shouldn't they have replaced Alex Guiness with Ewin McGregour? That would mean going through and replacing Alex Guiness in EPIV,V and VI.... or is that in a couple of years time when all 6 movies are released on the super-duber-ultra-ultra special edition (I suppose it will give George something else to play and tinker with)?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    there are tons of little changes he put in these movies that stick out like a sore thumb. I persnally hated the SEs because every little "improvement" contrasts so harshly with the rest of the film. Some of them just look sloppy too. Particularly the part in the cantina where Han Solo is confronted by Greedo and he makes Greedo shoot first and Han does this really odd jerky dodge.

I don't know. I guess I'm just nastalgic for the days when special effects weren't the single focal point of the movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i liked the SE for the space battle in new hope, and also making the lightsabers look better..hehe
    i think the single change that pissed the most people off was the greedo part...there was no point to it.
    the fleet in jedi got a much needed beefing up, i liked that part..overall in ESB and RotJ, the SE was pretty subtle, and wasnt too bad. but ya, the new ending was kinda dumb..again, didnt see the point.

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He just does not know when to stop!! This makes NO sense at all, the only logic I could see behind it is if Anakin as a person died in the upcomming RotS, then this would work, BUT! Luke brings him, back, restores Vader to Anakin and completes the cycle meaning the older Anakin should be portrayed, which he was, which made sense.....SO WHY CHANGE IT!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG! SOLO SHOT FIRST! OMFG!!!!11one
    god damn you apes, god damn you all to hell

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, all the added shit sucked, but I'm glad they cleaned it all up cause it all looks so good now. Any CG sucked ass, added scenes sucked ass, and yeah... laaaaaaame, but I'm still going to get them when I get the money

www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I refuse to give Lucas money for doing this. I hates him I does. Yes, my precious.

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Star Wars and the Matrix piss me off because there is so many directions they could have taken them that they didnt. Instead they spend time doing this crap...

wtf.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that some people were having a hard time reading the idea that the original old guy was Annakin, because you only see that guy for like one scene before that and you can only see half of his face and his head is all messed up. I'm sure they've had plenty of time to figure it out by now though. I dunno it doesnt bother me all that much. (compared to the Greedo scene and the CG song and dance in RotJ)

Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's it, you know what, I am going to rip the DVD's, take them into premiere and edit everything out, the cg, young anakin, cg music video in Rotj, head doging Solo, Tail stepping Jaba WHEN ALL THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE WAS USE A CUT AWAY CU OF FRIGGN BOBA FETT then, I am going onto Ebay and GIVING THEM AWAY FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

May the force be with me....the force of a thousand lawyers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can man account for having children in a world, where they have to grow up with Greedo shooting first and CG sequences in the original Star Wars trilogy?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    /me hugs his original un-edited star wars VHS trilogy box set

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    OMG! SOLO SHOT FIRST! OMFG!!!!11one
    god damn you apes, god damn you all to hell
    yeah, I agree. They made Greedo shoot first so he was a *real* bad buy and Solo was a *real* good guy.

Give me a fucking break. Solo was *barely* a good guy, and the only thing that made him even remotely good to begin with was the promise of money.

I like my mercenary characters mercenary. His change of heart was fine. But dammit. I won't get any more of the "special editions" because they are so far removed from the original story line now as to be totally bland.

Ug. fucking metachlorianwhatchamchallits.

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    Star Wars and the Matrix piss me off because there is so many directions they could have taken them that they didnt. Instead they spend time doing this crap...

wtf.
    I read an interview with the Wachoski's that suggested they did not intend Matrix reloaded and revolution to play out the way they did. Keanu Reeves had some ideas of his own(regarding philosophy, plot development etc.), and because the studio couldn't do a second and third movie without him, was forced to incorporate Reeves input(and thereby screw the whole thing up).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oilver I dont believe that for a second and if you read any legit paper on the matrix ie. essay/book the tril makes perfectr sense, it just didnt have a hollywood ending so people felt cheated.

IMHO Those films are going to be looked back on and honored.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence
    Oilver I dont believe that for a second and if you read any legit paper on the matrix ie. essay/book the tril makes perfectr sense, it just didnt have a hollywood ending so people felt cheated.

IMHO Those films are going to be looked back on and honored.
    The film DID have a hollywood ending. That was what was so corny about the finish. (he magically saves the world while saving his love yadda yadda run credits) There was about 100,000,000 million directions they could have taken the matrix that they didnt....dudes with different powers, places with alot more coolness....unfortunately for everyone i'm just a poor nobody, cause I'd have rocked those last 2 movies like you wouldn't believe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jet, the hollywood ending would have been Neo "killing" Smith, the death of the Merovingian, with Neo and Trin walking off into the Sati sunset. The Sentinals mowed down by the APU's into a final climax.

He didn't save his love, she dies dude.

You are right there are a million other directions they could have taken this film for those who don't have a basic knowledge of most Hindu and Christian character types these films were based on or the Philisoph grass roots which are the basis for this film.

But!!! The one thing I really wanted to see was Neo's programming skills, to see his creative side come out, and out think the machines at their own game, not just out fight them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well my memory of the stellar ending just goes to show how impressed i was.

i wanted to see them exploit the matrix more...have different characters who could do different things (maybe that would explain superheroes? maybe they could just be cool helper characters?). for example...some really skinny midget guy who has supreme mental powers so he can make himself big and powerful like michael clark duncan in the matrix.

truth be told, i don't remember it too well, i just remember the huge feeling of dissapointment after i saw it...and the oracle and the one dude on the bench with a rainbow or something....

boring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's what me and my brother talk about all the time. People don't like it because Neo should have destroyed the Matrix and we should have lived happily ever after rebuilding the earth and having babies and living with flowers and stuff. Instead Trin dies, Neo disappears, too deep (Even though it was very basic) For most shoot em up and leave em dry movie fans. The majority of America don't want to think in a movie and that's why the last matricies were so disliked. Unlike Star Wars. Had some deep moments in them and if you want to can go into philosophy with it but it was still simple enough for mainstream america to get it.

But anyways... Yes George must be going through a mid life crisis. Or somebody else edited the films. Solo not shooting first... if that happened back in the day I'd say about at least (Im being generous) 10 percent of people that love Solo wouldn't like Solo anymore. He was a merceny after money and girls that's why people loved him.

But oh well... I actually liked reloaded and revolutions. Not as much as the first one of course but hey it was alright. Just people love hollywood endings. Like star wars had a about 70% holiwood ending. But people still loved it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I liked a lot of the Gnostic influences in the last 2 Matrix's. They were in the first one also, but not to the same extent. I was hoping for a dual matrix though, like Zion was a run off for people escaping the matrix, but in the end they still weren't escaping. then Neo opens all their eyes to the "true" world, that would have totally followed Gnostic principles (3 stages of consciousness). Thought that would have been really cool.

THX-1138, is actually a bit better with the updates, sans the cg ape creatures. Overall though, good improvements, unlike a lot (most) of the new Star Wars stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man I am glad that Matrix ended the way it did. I think that it was the best ending for the movie. Although I really do despise all stories that contain a Christ like figure with super powers destined to save the world muck (same goes for kings and all those other noble born Rand Al'Thor types with predetermined destinies bull). And why does it always have to be a guy? That's why probably my most favourite sci-fi movies are Alien and Aliens. Thank God for Ridley Scott! I liked the Matrix alot and the other two movies too (the second not as much due to alot of pointless fight scenes that just masturbated all that cgi for nothing - ooooh look what we can do, weeeeeeeee). As for the Star Wars thing I thought that was just a rumor, and I own these movies now, sigh. George Lucas is a control freak, like Apple Computers - "its my way or the highway" idiocy. Just wanna smack him into sense sometimes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know what really bugs me about Lucas doing that switch, is that it completely changes Vader's context. Before, with the older Anikin, you feel that he was able to go BACK to the Light Side. With the younger one, you just get the sense that he was once good, and that completely misses the point of the entire series! He wasn't thinking when he did that one....

LaPalida: If you watch the special features DVD, you'll see why he's such a control freak. He's been fucked over and fucked with quite a lot, people telling him that it wouldn't work and that he couldn't do it unless he did it their way... all that (good ol' Hollywood). So he said "screw you guys" and did it his way and created an empire. So props to him. I don't like how he does things now, but it's understandable... he's a film maker, not a saint.

Last edited by Phuzion; October 2nd, 2004 at 01:34 AM.
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 1