retro002 Guest
    had a dirty weekend. i feel sick

saturday

Guest self portrait gallery

sunday

the second is missing cause of crc on disk

you guys are prob right about doing half portraits. quoting my (ex-)teacher was not meant to encourage anybody do only half portraits, but merely sth thats still on my mind. gonna do some full ports next time

@ob: what is a painting horse? (perhaps iz just i dont know the word) i usually like to use an easel for its more comfortable. paper size differs each time, usually about a4

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Boy i'm stupid.

Yes, "easel" is the right english word! A4 on an easel?
    I've just see an nice easel in a store - expensive but... lovely. Maybe on the next salary!

Oblio

retro002 Guest
    got my easel from a friend who found it in a trashcan. there're also cheap easels avail. i think. starting at about 15 $ here, a cheap one should do it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

8 sept.

Sorry for not posting this earlier - I'm awake for 36 hours now and as I've just came home I'll start the one for 9 sept.

This is made in the elevator (office) about 20 hours ago!
    I realy need some feedback to it- my hair was in my eyes and i've strugled a lot with it.
    Even that my eyes didn't show too much i've drew them in order t see "myself" Now i think they need more work.

So.. i'll look for your opinions. Now.. back to today's sp.
    I hope I will be able to see myself in the mirror x: :evilbat:

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

9 sept

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oblio: that last pencil one is just great, you have improved heaps over the last little while, good to see

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no kidding i'll talk more later. late for eat'n:p
    Sept 9 6:00 p.m.

retro002 Guest

@keyth: u start scaring me :eek:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man retro...you have a nice drawing ability. really nice lines. where are your pupils though? it would be interesting to see you spend a couple of hours on a peice w/some finished tonal quality.

ob...what can i say? great job on both. you handled the head tilt nicely. it feels right. what about throwing some blacks and whites on the second one to make it pop off the page eh?:p

lil' john...thanks for the compliment. i agree with you 100%. one reason i started doing this was to familiarize(sp?) myself w/color. every now and then one comes out that i like. so much to learn. it's cool to see your paintings...each one is a bit more detailed....almost looks like a step by step.

taff...thanks man!!! i like stepping back a bit sometimes. besides i need to look at body shapes some more.

keep'em com'n:chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

On top of the cake...

Those office nights have got me in the end, just when i was starting to feel ok about my sp's.
    I couldn't finish this one - I was so tired I couldn't hold my eyes open and on top of it the drawing was horrible.
    This is the mud that came out:

I loved Kevin's Chen Nemo drawings and wanted a 2 values only drawing. I'll try it again!
    For the 9 sep. my intention was to use only 3 values even thtat in the end i couldn't hold it and added some brighter spots.
    I'm sad! Now... back to office! :realmad:

Oblio

retro002 Guest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great job guys!!

obilo: you have improved soo much! praise.

retro: (blue) that is my favorite of yours yet!

retro002 Guest
    hey keyth we're all waitin for ya... you know , if u miss one day, u gotta do 2 the next day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. finished this last night at about 3:30 a.m. just didn't post it...passed out. i wanted to do a long one but a bunch of crap was going on i had to deal with. so its kind of a rough sketch. hopefully today's will be better.
    Sept 10 post midnight...i didn't turn into a pumpkin though

Last edited by keyth; September 11th, 2002 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

NO WAY!!!

We usualy do more then one - I have posted my last atempt only becouse I didn't wanted to skip one day.
    The punnishment should be MUCH bigger! He is the cheif here - he deserves to be... impaled! :funny:
    We will make his portait or smth - he has to FEEL the shame
    This is Zen - you don't cheat this!

So... Keyth :wazzup:
    The only excuse is - "It's done but not uploaded yet!"! You have one more hour...

[EDIT] - Ha - you have posted it when i was typing - good timing! (you make it) :p

Oblio

Last edited by Oblio; September 11th, 2002 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha that is funny ob. i didn't understand your post until i refreshed and noticed your edit. i was like "damn, i'm locking my door to await the lynchmob". you know i would never do one and not post it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Me and my big mouth...

Just when I was saying that we do more sp's/day - here I am - just one!

And I’ve managed to screw my jaw, symmetry, proportions... everything. I knew somehow that a non-wacom approach will show some weak parts - so.
    Boy, I have a long way to go and so little time for it!:cry:

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo Ob: i agree with you on some of your proportions. but man, that's still a very strong drawing. very strong indeed.
    i'm content with doing one a day. sometimes they take a long time plus, gotta sketch stuff around town too.

Sept 11 6:30 p.m.

retro002 Guest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    today i found out an old friend is dying. tomorrow i am going to see him for the last time.

sorry for the poor drawing.

Last edited by nil; September 12th, 2002 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

True... True...

@keyth - ye - one is enough - yesterday i've done some bird sketches aswell. Also I'm doing research for the thunderdome and for a book cover
    Your crit (you asked for it right?) - very nice monitor light on your foreheat - boy i'd love to master th color like that. Also, nice highlights on your eyes even that they look too bright to me - are they so light browned? You don't seem to have red hair (those people have ligjt brown/any color eyes).
    Nice rendering on your right cheek, looks a little flat on your left one.
    I don't have any constructive ideas to give you orher then... keep it on. Try a head tilt, more expresion, keep something in your mouth - i tried with a pencil yesterday but while i was working around the eyes it felt funny in the mouth - maybe becouse of the chemical stuff around it.
    Anyway.. Keep Walking (We are the Johnny Wallker brigade )

@retro - hey, you had a new approach - nice but... don;t you have that wacom yet? Some pencil rendering? Some chacoal - new technique? Come on mate... forget the octoberfest - put some juice on the paper
    Anyway - i LOVE how you do those lines - how you've drew your hair.

@nil - I've just seen your post while previewing this reply.
    I'm so sorry for your friend. But the best thing I have in mind to tell you is - go to the drawing board and USE that energy. If you've been around for a month or so you might know that my brother had a paragliding accident - and at first we didn't knew if he will make it or if he will be able to walk again etc. And at that time, J. Manley and Andrew have pushed me on drawing him every day.
    Yes - why don't you do that- go and try to draw him on your last visit. I still thank Andrew and Manley for those moments.
    I will pray for your friend!

Oblio

Last edited by Oblio; September 12th, 2002 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks oblio, i dont know that it will be possible/appropriate to draw him, but i should expect that i will be doing some extra art over the next little while - exorcising the demons and all that. ive just realised that i posted the wrong image, however, i cant fix it right now, maybe in the morning

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow

Have been quite busy the last week. Tried to compensate it with doing a couple of spod on tuesday. Sadly, I wasn't able to put down anything. - Well I had another attempt yesterday, trying to get back into doing them on a daily basis!

ob & keyth - the last spods you posted are great. esspecially oblio's spod is very nice - little out of proportion, but so strong!

*edit*

yeah, yesterdays..

Last edited by taff; September 12th, 2002 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post 12 sept

i had to see about those proportions - i had to see if i can do it without measuring - just with the eye!
    And this is my first cloth attempt too - bad result :mad:

and a color attempt

@tatff - cool - i'll do one with sky glasses too - great ideea!

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this documentary I watched on tv, yesterday, kinda influenced today's portrait..

oblio - yeah, I sometimes run around my room trying to find an object or thing, which could spice up the process of doing the portrait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keyth: That's a nice one. That blue patch on your forehead is sweet.

Oblio: Dang! You're really strong with the pencil.

nil: Sorry about your friend.

I went back to painter for a bit. I need to try out more brushes. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a portait of me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first off, i would like to say "welcome midnight 23". it's great to see a new face. i'm gonna bust right out and say, buy at least two mirrors and join the fun". welcome:chug: .

Ob: you are totally right about my last SPOD. i set up two light sources and failed at rendering them properly. the painting cost me a lot of time...and i think it shows kinda in a bad way. it looks really cooked. baked like a potato:p
    if it's one thing i learned so far it's that painting the glow from a monitor is hard as hell. OB, i don't care what you say but almost every one of your drawings has more positive qualities than you know.

taft...i mean taff. ha ha...(bad joke:p ). anyways. good to see you back. i like the fireman one a lot. if i were to say anything(and this is from looking at your past posts) check out the size of your eyeballs. your rendering skillz are really nice and you handle noses and mouths well. really stare at those eyeballs...really check out the size of those dudes.

lil'john: where ya'been dawg? ha. thanks for the kind words. once again your portrait rocks and stays within the boundaries of getting progressively more detailed. i really like the shadow across your face....actually i think i'll try one of those. it seems like a challenge to actually paint it and have it read that way. hope i'm making sense...i'm really tired.

sept 12 12:00 pm/a.m

Last edited by keyth; September 13th, 2002 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jain, where are you??????????

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry i keep forgetting stuff.

lil' john: as far as painter goes, i like to use a round camelhair or captured bristle. i go into the bristle controls and up the clumpiness and thickness of the brush...usually an opacity of about 5-15.

also i'll play with the watercolor brushes. i use either the eraser wet, eraser diffuse, or the simple round wash.

sooooooooooo many brushes. if you try these and your computer can't handle the dry rate of the watercolor brushes....(this is what andrew said) go to water and pull down the dry rate. this will help in render time.

also the smeary round can be kinda fun. it's under brushes. i usually always click the "pick up underlying color" button in the objects menu.

that's about it. i'm still a newbie so....hope this helps and is not too familiar already :chug:

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.