Thanks

Houston,TX people

I'm moving to the Houston area in Dec. I plan on going to North Harris Community College for some art classes, and was wondering if there are any Houston dwellers here that know of any other art activities I could get into. Bear in mind I am a noob. Of course when I get there I'll look around as well. Thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I live in houston but I'm most likely more of a noob than you. I'm still in high school and haven't explored much of the art scene yet but... how about you visit the museum of fine arts or even better yet, the art institute of houston's campus. You'll find a lot of people that know the latest artistic ventures in houston.

Thanks
    I have lived in Houston for 8 years (now I am going to Ringling in Florida) and I really never heard much about any indepth art scene. Houston is generally a cultural wasteland

I do remember hearing about the AI having a free/open to the public figure drawing session on Wednesdays. Never went to it though. There is also the Glassel Art School which is not accredited for anything and seems more like a thing for aging art hobbyists. Plus I think its rather expensive for no actual accreditation I think.

Anyway good luck with living in Houston. All I know is that when I graduate from Ringling... I ain't going back.

-toasty