Thanks

JovaGrof Color & Light 1.1

Hi,

It took me around 3 hours for this......I did not used so much theory for this one.......just draw what I see.I tried to do focus on the eye,with some kind of soft edges in the background.This was the great expiriance.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jova grof; March 7th, 2015 at 11:01 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Good start,
    Maybe there's a few things that could improve.

I'd say the issue might be some parts look a bit flat, on the neck specially. Five minutes more on the neck and the ear might help the picture a lot. No need to go into detail, only refine the shapes some more.
    You might have benefited from using some fill light to give the head some more volumes by increasing tonal movements on the borders of the shape of the head.

Even if you are surrounded by black there might be some parts like under the nose were you might apreciate some reflected light on the borders of volumes because of the radiosity of your own face, i.e light bouncing from your upper lip. Right now I'm not sure if its there, maybe yes but veery subtle. Having those lights apart from your main light comming from up and left would help a lot giving volume to the face and lifting it from the plane of the background.

I hope I was helpful

Thanks
    Thanked 6,738 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Nice start. The main problem is that your right (our left) is not receding enough. Take a leaf out of Rembrandt and push those dark corners. A hint of clothes to show you're not a floating head would be good too. Keep it up.