Thanks

Art supplies out of production

Hey, does anyone else have the issue of discovering a certain art tool you REALLY REALLY like, then having it go out of production? That happened to me with the Tuscan Red Col-Erase pencils (Verithin just don't cut it for me... they feel different and you can't erase). Then, I discovered that you can draw something with the Light Blue Col-erase, do final lines on top of it with graphite, scan it into PS, and with the Hue/Saturation spinners you can desaturate and lighten the Cyans, and the blue completely disappears, and all you're left with is nice clean graphite lines... then they discontinue all but the lame colors of Col-erase...

I don't like non-photo blue pencils cause they're too hard, and Verithin pencils just don't feel the same... wtf! I know I should've just gotten tons of boxes in the beginning, but I can go through a pencil in a day, sometimes two pencil, so boxes wouldn't last all that long anyway... Well, just wondering if you guys have issues with this stuff too...

-Daniel
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    OKay! So for those of you who might be interested:

I've done some asking around today, and I found out that Sanford Col-erase initially started culling down their colors... then they stopped them altogether, then they brought back a few colors (most of which were ultra lame), now they're bringing back ALL the colors! So if you're like me and you're in love with colors they use to have, then we're in luck! And we can all rejoice!
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    Damn.. and I have an unused Tuscan Red col-erase sitting around too.. I was gonna wait a few years and sell it to you for a few hundred bucks. Last Tuscan Red ever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuzion
    OKay! So for those of you who might be interested:

I've done some asking around today, and I found out that Sanford Col-erase initially started culling down their colors... then they stopped them altogether, then they brought back a few colors (most of which were ultra lame), now they're bringing back ALL the colors! So if you're like me and you're in love with colors they use to have, then we're in luck! And we can all rejoice!
    The asel art supply stores in my area stopped carrying them, then they said they were being brought back but they haven't received any shippments. this was 6 months ago and it's still the same

But yes, I like them too...One of them in my area still has red and blue.

Thanks
    Are you absolutely sure, Phuzion?

I searched around UK suppliers a few weeks back to try and pick up a few boxes of the discontinued colours ( I have some Tuscan Red if you desperately need them ) and none of them had any news of the full range being reintroduced.

( I'm not doubting your information for a moment, but this would be SUCH exciting news that I want to be absolutely certain before I start celebrating..! )

Thanks
    i missed those pencils, i have a few stubs lying around the place , but i cant get any of them and no supplier is willing to try even. i lovedthe red and cyan and non photocopyblue( the animators friend) do you have an address for direct orders etc, im willing to import them if needed be.
    john mac
    nothing to lose so go for it

Thanks
    There's an art store in Glendale, Southern California, called Swains. The manager there said that Col-erase is bringing back their whole line, and that they'll be getting a shipment in a couple of weeks... So that's the best I got. I ordered a couple boxes that I'll be picking up on tuesday, so, to the best of my knowledge, it's all legit... I hope

-Daniel
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    WOW now that's some good news ! And I was just starting to make my peace with this.... How about Indigo Blue ? I wonder how many mails/emails did Sanford get after discontinuing those colours....
    Btw Phuzion, check this thread too

Thanks
    So! Yes it's all true, I just picked up my two boxes of Light Blue, and bought some brand new Tuscan Red pencils while I was there, and they're getting another shipment in two weeks! Whoo hooooo! I have my Tuscan Red back.
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    the only two col-erase i use are tuscan red and indego blue. FOr what ive experienced though, they dont really erase. Col-erase makes that light blue and one very similar (same?) called non-photo blue. It wont show up on scans and xeroxs, hence the name.
    BLAST ON YOU!

Thanks
    Light Blue and Non-photo blue are different. Non-photo blue is so light you can hardly see it with the naked eye, and the leads are too hard, so I don't like them, but Light Blue is very visible, but it's a perfect Cyan in Photoshop, so you can remove every single blue line with Hue/Saturation controls.

While they don't erase completely, they erase a lot better than Verithin pencils, which don't feel like butter anyway, so they're useless to me! Now, I know I can get Col-erase at the local art store here, but I'm not sure when they'll be available online. However, people might inquire at their local art stores, and see if you could special order a bunch of them... just a thought.
    www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook