Thanks

Cool Broken Feng DVD!!!

I walked into my bedroom this morning to find that my two year old somehow got his mitts on two of my Feng DVD's and broke one in half! It's my own stupid fault for leaving them where he could get them, of course. But I'm pretty bent about it I had them in the back of a draw that he's never gone near, but... oh well. I only got to watch that particular DVD (Quick Sketching) once or twice. He also scratched my Environments DVD, but it doesn't look deep enough to affect it (fingers crossed)

Well, I don't know if this is ethical, but if someone would be willing to sell a copy of Quick Sketching or trade or copy it for me, please PM me. I can't bring myself to spend another $80 to replace it. Id' rather get more I haven't seen. I can supply proof that I actually paid for the original. I'm not trying to rip off Feng

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    a good advice, do yourself a copy of your 80 $ dvd, use it and keep the original in security... btw i'm truly sorry for you
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    ... it takes alot of strength to break a cd or dvd, believe me ive tried. I dont believe a 2 year old could snap it in half, they bend before the shatter.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Forge
    a good advice, do yourself a copy of your 80 $ dvd, use it and keep the original in security
    Good idea. I have a burner & nero, although I've never used it for DVD's. I guess I could try copying my Environments DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rook
    ... it takes alot of strength to break a cd or dvd, believe me ive tried. I dont believe a 2 year old could snap it in half, they bend before the shatter.
    Normally, I'd agree with you. But apparently, they're either using cheap stock for these discs, or my son is abnormally strong. I think the former. I didn't see it happen, but I think he had the disc half on top of the case on the floor, and then stepped on it. He's only 32lbs., but I can't imagine he could have broken it with his hands. But if you'd like, I'll post pictures of the broken disc tonight.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind
    Good idea. I have a burner & nero, although I've never used it for DVD's. I guess I could try copying my Environments DVD.
    First, check the dvd - is it DVD5 (single layer) or DVD9 (dual layer) ?
    If you've got a dvd burner which can burn dual layer discs, you can easily make a 1:1 copy of the dvd. Not sure which program is the best to use, though, as I don't have a dual layer burner myself.
    If your burner can't burn dual layer, and the disc is dual layer, you will have to modify the contents a bit. Use the excellent freeware program called DVD Shrink. It works fine with single layer discs as well (meaning it will create a 1:1 copy easily for you). For more information on how to use it, I believe that site may contain some info. And the program is pretty easy to use...shouldn't be a problem. It uses Nero to burn the dvd.
    If you're unsure about the quality and stuff...try with a rewritable disc to begin with

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pontemonti
    First, check the dvd - is it DVD5 (single layer) or DVD9 (dual layer) ?
    Thanks Pontemonti! I have no clue what type of drive it is. I've only ever used it for playing DVD's, but I'll check it when I get home tonight. Funny you should mention DVD Shrink... I think I just got a copy of it on the CD that comes with Maximum PC this month. I'll look into that. Thanks again...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind
    Thanks Pontemonti! I have no clue what type of drive it is. I've only ever used it for playing DVD's, but I'll check it when I get home tonight. Funny you should mention DVD Shrink... I think I just got a copy of it on the CD that comes with Maximum PC this month. I'll look into that. Thanks again...
    Cool If it's not a very new drive (with at least 8x writing speed), it won't be able to burn dual layer. And...even if it can actually burn dual layer...those discs are still pretty expensive.

Thanks
    Didn't even know they started selling dual layer burners already. Man I need to get with the times

Thanks

Cool

I dont believe a 2 year old could snap it in half, they bend before the shatter.
    Yeah, well crack kills.
    Broken Feng DVD!!!

Thanks
    o dude, i was by no means critisizing you or claiming your a liar. Dude thats really painful to look at acctually im sorry for ya.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    maybe if you contact feng he'll have sympathy and give you a deal on a new one. Otherwise I guess just suck it up and move on. Sorry to hear the bad news man.
    BLAST ON YOU!

Thanks
    if you still need a copy pm me with your address and ill send you mine, I watched it a few times and im prity much done with it.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by eljay
    if you still need a copy pm me with your address and ill send you mine, I watched it a few times and im prity much done with it.
    That's very cool of you eljay. I PM'ed you, thanks.

Thanks
    Dude, you've obviously never had kids...

If it can be destroyed, believe me, they will destroy it.

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano
    If it can be destroyed, believe me, they will destroy it.
    I'm beginning to learn this the hard way. The oldest of my two kids is approaching two years old

Thanks
    Don't you know anything about the Terrible Two's...lol, damn sorry about the dvd's it is painful to look at, like whoa there goes 80 bucks down the drain.....
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25