Art: New Marvel Covers!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Exclamation New Marvel Covers!

First off is Marvel Age Fantastic Four #9. This'll be out Dec. 22. Makoto Nakatsuka drew the cover & I painted.

Next is Marvel Age Hulk #3 Shane Davis provided the pencils and I dropped the paints. This'll be out Nov. 10th (the day my baby's due...woohoo!)

These last two are covers for Marvel Age Spiderman 15 & 18. Roger Cruz laid down the pencils on both and I provided the hue. We also did covers for 16 & 17, but those haven't been solicited yet for some reason. These will be out November 17th and December 22nd, respectively.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    no replys?!?! wow... ur stuff is crazy... ive seen it before... how many years have you been drawing? ur clearly a prof so no critz here...

good stuff... amazing really

Thanks
    Very nice stuff! I especially enjoy the colors on those last 2.

Thanks
    Awesome work! I esp. love the Spidey and DD! You nailed this one! Let's see more...

Thanks

Don't you just love spiderman?

I love spiderman. How long do you spend coloring an image, generally?

Thanks
    Really awesome! I love the last spiderman one best. Webbing holds me eye I think...

Thanks
    awesome work

one crit tho: daredevil has some problems with his arms.

I Am Colorophobic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 254 Posts
    great stuff man.

The only crit i have is that i would enjoy seeing some more interesting skin tones added to the hulk. He's obviously a green guy, but i am sure you could find a way to add some warm values in the piece. Oh and also maybe not leaving the hulk's face so 'clean'. The rest of the coloring on the body seems to have my 'brush marks', but when you hit the face, specificly the cheek and upperlip, it gets rather flat and less detailed looking.

I am a BIG fan of how you handled the invisible woman, i have a feeling that took you quiet a bit of time to figure out how to get that right, unless you've done it before ;]

Overall my favorite color job would have to be the spiderman/daredevil.
    The saturation on spiderman's upper body is FANTASTIC how it relates to the background.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzzo
    no replys?!?! wow... ur stuff is crazy... ive seen it before... how many years have you been drawing? ur clearly a prof so no critz here...

good stuff... amazing really
    Oh he's the colorist for each of those covers, he mention the artist's names on top of each colored piece.

EraserX - Love the coloring, any tips that you can lend down to inspiring colorist?

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Whoa! I didn't expect this many replies so soon. Thanks a ton everyone!

cuzzo: Thanks man! I've been drawing all my life, but none of these were my drawings. Check the original post for credits.

Groover: Thanks!

BlackKitty: I'll post more as soon as Marvel releases them for solicitation. Until then, I do have a mural I'm working on that I'll post soon.

Tony: I'll forward the message to Stan (as if ) Normally, I spend between 3 and 6 hours for a painted cover like these.

BlueMech: Glad to hear it!

Wizard: The drawing or the paints? I had a little trouble with it, but couldn't decide if it was my shortcoming or Roger's.

davi: Thanks a ton for the crit man! I always appreciate when people take the time to help out. I'm surprised you like the one with Daredevil though. I liked it at first, but I'm not at all happy with it anymore.

Sok.: I try to make a new tutorial every couple of months, but it's been a while. It's really hard to sum general advice up into something I could post here. I usually try to give more in depth crits at my 'home' board if you care to stop by. I wish I had time to do that everywhere, but it's tough.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Good work for the colors !!!

Model (Glamour, Fantasy & Fine Art) & Photographer: http://claudiabook.free.fr

Thanks
    Awesome work!Colors are great!

Sjajno!

Thanks

Marvel covers

This is fantastic work!

The FF look a little 'young' in the first pic but isn't the mag it is drawn for aimed at new or younger readers? Anyway Ben Grim looks very good.

The Hulk pic is my fav, the seer power and mass protrayed is great, though the perpective of the broken wall behind him seems to go off towards the top.

The lower Spidey is better than the Spidey & DD pic imho. He jumps out of the page better and seems more 'real' than in the other pic.

Overall - fantastic. I am off to check you website!

Thanks
    the first and last ones are my favorite, great work.
    I hope someday to posess the same skill

Thanks
    I cant beleive im gonna make a crit on one of these as theyre all great but the last one seems odd.

For some reason Spiderman almost seems as if hes reaching for the pillar where he's right hand is but looking below implies that he is quite a distance from the wall. Perhaps a mistake with the initial line drawing, maybe its just me. It just doesnt sit too well for my liking.

You know the rest is all great.

Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks
    well... don't take this the wrong way but except for the spiderman 1 and 2 I think the linework is pretty sucky... I really dig your colors but the drawings themeselves seem amaturish by marvels standards... gives me some hope to do covers I usually am not negative about stuff but I'm suprised marvel would pay for those drawings.. They are just chock full of anatomy errors and bad fore-shortening.. wow.. I dont know why I'm hating on these but still.. great colors..

Thanks
    Yeah thats marvel... perfect anatomy, coloring, composing, linework, lighting, characterdesign etc. etc. etc. Let me say: JUST PERFECT MARVEL ARTWORKS!

Btw. I read on your website in ABOUT: "Although I've always loved creating art, I got my official start in 1996 working as a freelancer with a studio that did digital coloring for comic books."

You startet commercially jobs with 16 years? Is that right? If then respect.

Thanks
    I'm a huge fan of the colors on the Hulk. It's differant and little odd to see a person with green skin, but the green on the Hulk looks very natural, almost real. Your colors bring a lot of life to the rather stoic looking face in the pic. That's actually my favorite cover out of all of them. Tell Shane Davis his artwork in that piece is awesome!

Thanks
    wow, these are so cool, such great colors! btw, is roger cruz only doing these covers or is he doing the interiors too?

Thanks
    dope - love the paint work on the see thru girl. Hulk looks tight too. Okay all of them really are off the hook.

Members who have read this thread: 2