Art: model sketch

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: model sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

model sketch

model sketch

THis is just a rough for a model im doing over at cg challenge usualy i just sketch it out in 3d or make a model sheet but it will more than likely be half assed as time for me this month is squeezed ill post updates here as well looking for all your suggestions and crits be as hard as youd like ! it only helps

btw if the pic is to dark or off color im having some gamma trouble so im sorry

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good luck, I'd give yourself some easier sketches to work from. I thought the challenge was to create some new LOTR race, is there a backstory to this character?

Anyway, I can't say I'm a big fan of the leathery bondage look... I think it's a little overdone. The spikes form the back will be nice in 3d though. Judging from you avatar (if you made that) you'll have no problem making it look good, best of luck, see you on the challenge!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey cerreto, awesome seeing you here. I think this character looks very cool, and based upon your other models I think it will totally rock. Good luck with the challenge, and keep us updated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the replies having some gamma trouble sorry bout the darkeness of it im realy only giving this a half ass attempt at best been slammed with doing characters for frellance stuff and they are not as fun

i plan on trying to make the armor sensibel meaning easy movment and functionalty but its very early basicly just throwing shapes down with no detail yet only had 3 hours to mess around and a good hour was wasted realizing i didnt like the helmet design ill try to go with one more similar to howes sketches

sorry almost forgot yes that is one of my old works in my avatar ! but its from when i first started a year ago pretty much so the anotomy isnt that great etc

sorry 3d luvr doesnt allow direct link so please click they are small files

http://www.3dluvr.com/cerreto/WIP/Untitled-1.jpg

http://www.3dluvr.com/cerreto/WIP/au...pic%20copy.jpg

Last edited by Travis_Bourbeau; January 28th, 2003 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah! thats reallly freaky with the missing pieces.... kinda bizarre looking.

It's coming a long really nice though, interesting modeling method, almost like you're kinda deforming it from a clay-ish center. Nice armor too. Keep us updated!

Also, are you using maya?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah its a very bad modeling method lol ! i usualy model the whole body just the basic block form first, but Im being so damn lazy on this and am only modeling the body that is'nt covered by armor so it looks wierd LOL

I use lw and maya but lately im using wings for modeling mostly! its edge tools are incredible along with the ability to bevel points and edges etc it feels alot like mirai without the crashes and its free !

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.