Thanks

What game would you really like??

Hey everyone, i am currently putting together some ideas for an upcoming mod for the source engine for hl2, i will be making it with a strong proffessional team. And i would like to know from everyone that views this thread, there honest opinions/ideas, on what type of Multiplayer game(modification) - just think game though. What type of game would you really really want to play? Like really wanna play. Cause i want the public to like this. I want it to be good and get alot of attention. So give me your thoughts peeps.

Thanks, well appreciated.

Warhead

P.S, i will also be looking for staff to join the team, to help create it. Soon enough. You know the scoop, Strong team of Concept Artists, Strong team of 3d modellers - animators later on. Texturers. Programming etc.. But don't worry bout this right now unless you want to msg me to talk bout it, and possibly join up early. My email - kawarhead_82@hotmail.com, send examples of your work, and position type. But worry bout, telling me what type of game you would really want to play!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    nobody likes games? Come on eatpoo has replied 13 times to the same thread. lol

Thanks
    Anything that takes a chance and deviates from the norm will get my attention.

Don’t over do the story; remember games strength as an entertainment medium is interactivity.

I would like to see more games with a retro “late 80’s early 90’s” feel, preferably with a lot of nudity and violence.
    | Myspace | FLICKR The hype is real.

Thanks
    It is probably a bad idea to ask creative people.
    Better look at sales top 10 charts if you want to create a successful game.

Too often the daring game concepts win some people's hearts but never have as much success as Counter Strike clone #10000.

tagHeuer is right, though. The simpler the concept is, the better.

What I'd love to play is a FPS Deathmatch / Mortal Combat combination.
    That would be fun. Could be retro, you could put some really hot chicks into the game ...

But it would probably be too much work for the team.

What did the Eatpoo guys write, btw?

Thanks
    ooh. sidescrollers! bring em back! and make em cool again!
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    something Double-Dragon-Esque...and if possible, with the RPG type elements of River City Ransom. It'd be sweet....especially as a 3rd person....but it could also be cool as a first person if done well enough.

Simple story, but you have a chick to save, so people will want to finish it....because the chick is definitely hot....and with the RPG elements of something like RCR, you get character upgrades, so when you beat up goons you get newer, better moves and stuff. Buy fruit for stamina level up, eggs for strength, bananas for speed, and so on.
    Then collect books that teach you faster kicking techniques, or a lightning punch, etc. all in an urban/street type setting with tons of gangs & goons & stuff. Doesn't have to be a real-real time/setting like Vice City either....make it your own.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    thanks guys, keep em coming though, i want everyones opinions on this.

Oh yeah and signature, here is a link to eat poo, some of them have funny comments, but some good.

http://eatpoo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30544

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhead82
    i want everyones opinions on this.

lol no you dont... we have 13,718 members and counting...

jk
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    If you are just making a mod, then disregard this idea. But.....

I think that if you get a good dev team, Microsoft would pick you up hella fast if you did a Pro Beach AVP Volleyball title. XBOX already sponsors this sport on tv, yet nobody has made a video game yet. I know some pros out here in O.C. on the tour who would love to have a video game based on their sport. since the olympics, this sport is getting more exposure again.

DOAX was B.S! Outlaw wasn't even volleyball. You would actually have to make a REAL sports title, and not rely on polygon sex or shock value. I know alot of you D&D, RPG types may not be interested, but let me just tell you that this is a FRANCHISE waiting to happen. Hell, every sports title has a franchise. FYI franchise means BIG $$$$. And sports attract a WIDER market than RPG games do.

It would have to compete along the lives of ESPN NFL 2k5. But at least the market is already in place.

Just remmember, there are no original game ideas out there. It will come down to who develops the best product / game, not "how original" you think the idea is.

BF1942 is such a success becuase it was a solid product that actually worked. It was not the first multiplayer war game w/ vehicles etc. EA then picked them up and just packaged it. Now the makers of BF1942 are richer than God.
    "If one advances confidently in the direction of
    his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he
    has imagined, he will meet with a success
    unexpected in common hours."
    - H.D. Thoreau

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarre
    ooh. sidescrollers! bring em back! and make em cool again!

i second that. sidescrollers rule! ikaruga anyone? ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by otis
    Just remmember, there are no original game ideas out there.
    Wrong.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 0kelvin
    Wrong.

0kelvin
    Oh you silly Japanese, what will you think of next?

Also, anything that has lots of giant robots has my vote. Just be sure to make every thing destructable, ok? I want to blow up buildings and cars and such.
    Don't hate me because I'm colorblind.

Thanks

Ok now this is wot I call my dream game.

If I was you I would first get kind of a teaser story sketched up then ask for ideas surrounding the story otherwise you gonna get 80's retro, nudity, snowwhite, I miss pac man all suggested unless if you already have something in mind you don't wanna hint on and want to see how many will mention it.

Never the less
    Year :2500 [with weeds growin all over]
    Mission : ETs resurface, base in the former white house then or some other high tech location around [this gives the advantege of security which still exists, nice interior decor, high stuff tech all around, etc]. A team of super breed Nemsis [with characters which make UT2X characters seem still under training] is being sent in , Highly equiped with really wicked weapons [anitmater, ice,] e.t.c
    Tone :Final Fantasy [the movie] type or you can even wash it out more. Mainly nite lots of wind especially the beginning level which require heavy fighting to gain access to the white house. [if you have played Chrome though the diff here is aliens, monsters, wicked weapons, nite, tone. etc depending on your team ]
    Type : Single players mission, Multi, One player being on the humans side and the other on the ETs side.
    Length :quite long.
    Last edited by conceptx; October 11th, 2004 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Highlighting some parts.
    All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you......"