Sketchbook: "Eh, well.... I know how to look good...." - Page 5

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    hey profil, i like your faces you have here. Some stuff i see wrong with your drawings is that your still not being loose, heh, your just hatching around the anatomy which makes your proportions really off. I'm not seeing alot of draw through, draw everything as shapes like cylinders as arms, legs, and neck. Draw the joints as circles so you can determine the proportions and directions of where the limbs will go. Play around with more line of action and draw from life, like drawing your little brother or going to the library drawing people reading. Other than that, keep studying the anatomy, and be very loose...you can never go wrong.

-Rob

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    zao:
    yeah I totally agree, gotta quit those scratchy lines. And Im going to start draw more from life

got new sketchbook, nice one this time. first drawing in it, you probaly notice wich face wich was based partly on life, loosley:

Thanks
    meh, my anatomy still sucks gotta work on it:

the magazine, if you can see what that is, is fast from life, just trying to catch some volume with fast lines.

Thanks
    Hey, man, how's things going? To tired to write in english, sry people.

Swedish: Wow, jag gick just igenom hela ditt galleri, profil, och det var mycket intressant måste jag säga.
    Otroligt vilken fart du har på tecknandet, det är väldigt bra att du håller uppe farten med skissandet. Det jag lite funderat på, som du förmodligen fått höra ett antal gånger tidigare, är att du kanske borde skissa lite mera liksom. Testa dra samma linje flera gånger tills du känt efter och ser vilken av linjerna som du anser är bäst. Till exempel så får du en rund cirkel att se mycket jämnare och vackrare ut om du drar cirkeln flera gånger om tills du funnit formen, så att säga. Jag sitter själv i liknande sits som du, jag är jämnårig med dig ungefär och älskar tecknandet, kul att det finns flera som börjar tidigt.
    Återigen grymma grejor, du har gjort stora framsteg. Nu ska jag ta och rita en sväng, du har inspirerat mig.

Thanks
    man tackar så mycket. Jo min linje kvalite och säkerhet suger, måste öva upp den, kanske är bättre med blyerts då men älskar kulspetspennan

Thanks
    Tigermilk: btw inspiring one to draw is one of the best things I can do so

I do what I do and I do what I can and I do what I can.... sorry I didnt have anything to do while something else where loading:

Arm studies anatomyloomis=

supinator longus... brachialis anticus, triceps, deltoid, biceps, sorry just trying to remember.

doodles:

back arm: (loomis)

deltoid, triceps long head, triceps outer head, palmaris longus.

Pectoralis major(loomis):

just the relaxed one. Gotta know where the muscle is being inserted

Doodles:

Thanks
    Hey, Profil!

The studies you did, especially the arm studies, are real killers, good work!
    An importent thing to do tho, when your drawing studies are to remember what you draw. Not just draw it and think, well, I hope I progressed just now. Tro to analys the picture and remember what parts of the body u just drew.
    Just a little tip, keep it flowing!

Jag ser att du börjat skissa lite mera nu också, asbra!

T

Thanks
    Hey,

Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook!

Cool sketches and works, man. Keep drawin and keep working on these, there's improvement to be made! I'd critique on less lines, think about the lines and see them mentally before you put them down, that's always a great help for me!

Ian

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    I like you latest anatomystudies! Your constantly progressing, man!
    Keep doing the anatomy-stuff and keep trying to transfer that into your non-referenced and outta your head stuff!

I'll be checkin' in on ya!

d-C

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Very nice stuff ! keep on working on those anatomy studies, looks better per image...

cheers !!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks

Weiii!

Nice to see how you developed. Your getting better and better, this shows how much one can learn at such a short time.
    I really like how hard you work with your anatomy, this remindes me how much I have to work on it.

Keep em' comin'

Thanks
    man, don't try to drow quantity, just to show your thread..
    try to understand everything that's going on there! How the mucle groups stick to the bone, how they move... everything!
    start drowing something bigger, and finish it! Your proportions are verry bad!

If you can (have the possibility) try to drow after a model! You'll understand the volume much better!!

cheers and good luck!

Thanks
    Do you have any loomis books or pdf files? Those would be great help. I agree with what people are saying about being loose. I still need to work on that myself. Remember that underneath all that skins are muscles and fat, and underneath that are bones. Look in the mirror and compare the arms to say your head and do a measurement that way, like 3 heads would equal your arm size, and half of the width of your head is your width of your arm....though i'm wrong i'm just using that as an example. This is the thought process when getting the proportions correct. Anyone correct me if I am wrong

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Tigermilk: Yeah thats why Im trying to remember the names, to think more of what I am drawing. umm, I really gotta draw more.

IanE: thanks, and I will try to think of that.

dCept: thanks and yeah Im trying that.

hurricane: I dont know what I would do without you.

Pencilator: Im flatterd, but really I should really work harder, I draw redicouisly little.

Icey: Ah dude those are just doodles when I dont have anything to do, but yeah I gotta spend more time on my drawings, oh I started life drawing today.

Sok: I actually got loomis out printed, but I gotta study him more and those drawings. I gotta do that with arms and proportions and all like your saying.

Meh, first life drawing session, going 1 time a week, it is 2 hours, but with the pause they have its just 90 min drawing. Poses (not in order posted dont remember) are like 2*5 2*10 and 1*15 then after the pause they reverse that so it is 1*15 2*10 2*5

I think the drawings get better at the end:

first time ever.

Edit: hahaha omg I seee how badly proportioned some are omfg. Oh well I mean please post tips how I should start the drawings?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    damn, the first pose was like " well thats nice"... then compared to the last ones...you started to see the shapes there, inpressive, now do it again and again and again..

a trick, try to tilt the pen so you shade with the broad side and then adjust it with the tip, and i would suggest use a pretty soft lead, like 4b or something and a hb for details and shade corrections...

Block the shapes first, its very important to get the relation between them correct because if you dont one will see it instantly.. measure each shape against the next and think about the negative space... the emptyness around the modell, does it match your empty space in the drawing ?

keep on rocking the nude sessions and you'll be wooping ass in no time!

cheers !

BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    I'd start with some kind of cylindrical form for life drwings, if you've studied one. Like Loomis or some such. Beginning with the straight sketch for this kind of thing might be counter-productive for some. I know it would be for me.

Thanks
    hurricane: yeah, will think about it.

SJ:boooyaa, yeah same as above. Btw mankin roxxor my boxxors.

SO I started putting down more time, yeah yeah. The first mankins (try to get the volume and how they look) may dont look like they took some time, but they did. Im starting to get the loose feeling for mankin, its really fun drawing those. They dont need to be perfect, just somewhat. Some of these will have errors, but still please give me crits what I should think of when I draw them, I will know my mankin now before Im moving on.

Warmup, just... lines and stuff:

mankin for life:

lala some my own, some loomis, some looking at loomis then tries to remember:

bad scan, but I pushed the darks to get more volume, sadly I didnt leave out the white to get even more volume, should have put more thought to the underdrawing, quite badly:

I liked this art day I actually did spend time on my drawings

Thanks
    Didnt really felt like drawing today, so here is a master study of Raphael, I screwed it up along the way, the eye is to small, the angle of the head is wrong, upper lip should be a bit bigger etc, if you can find more please say, I did this to expand my observation skills and see how masters draw:

original:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...peal030505.jpg

Thanks
    I'm gonna cry! My mom would never let me do figure drawing, EVER while I'm below 18... Well, if I go to precollege next year it may change, but still, no fair <=(

Thanks

heyyy!

when i was 14 all i wanted to do was play final fantasy 3 ...and mega man x, anywho, awsome progress! keep it up!

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=445421 thats my sketch pad take a gander leave a message or somthin!

Thanks
    You've progressed so much since the beginning of this thread. Keep up the good work, those life drawings are looking good. Pay close attention to your proportions, I know you noticed it as well. Especially some of their arms seem too short.

Thanks
    Pixel: heh, why wont she let you? you wont even care that they are nude, you will be caught up in drawing.

gafmar: Im wwwaaay to much time at comp, but I got lots of school to, so no much drawing latley.

razuel: ah thanks dude, I like your work very much. Yeah some of these life drawings Im going to show sucks, but yeah Im trying.

so posted in order, like 5 *2 mins poses, then some 5s and some 10s and after the pause I did like 1 15, 2 10s and like 2-3 5s or something.

In the first i didnt use construtction, and in the others fucked up ones I forgot to mesaure some things:

Thanks
    Hoho.
    Kepp studiing..improvement is viewable...i can see it...the Improvement...THE IMPROVEMENT *BlowsHimselfMetalGearStileUp*

keep on

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    hey man! glad to see you got into model drawing, now we're two 15y olds in model drawing
    did they like bend the age limit or something for you?
    Pixel : Profil's true, you wont think of them as nude people. You'll think of them as a bunch of forms, first you're kinda..ok there's a nude person standing there, then once you start drawing you stop thinking about that

Sketchbook

"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it." - Dali

Thanks
    Corky: thanks.

Skuli: nah it is like 10-110 it said on the website, lol.

lol I gotta draw more, I scribble in school all over the place but I never keeps it, and home... I am lazy, scribble fast bad little drawings on the same pages in SB, nothing worth to post there.

Life drawing, on the later ones I played with contrast cause I noticed that my scanner scanned to lightly, sadly. Weapons of use: graphite stick and 4b wooden pencil. And an orange crayon on a drawing.

I think the time is stated at the drawings.

edit: yeah I know that some heads are to small.

Last edited by Profil; April 14th, 2005 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    Keep up the good work, your on your way!

Long Live RED!

Thanks
    hmm, here in Iceland there's an age limit..17 or something
    these are looking good man, how big are they?
    one thing I was wondering, where are you from? Sweden?

Sketchbook

"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it." - Dali

Thanks
    Mike: ah thanks man.

Skuli: yah sweden, and they are a4.

so guys here is some doodles, I mean they are shit and I didnt post all cause some are thrown some are loose pages etc etc but I mean sometimes you just need to get the shit out

this face is horribly wrong

bridgman, wanted to get it accurate enough. though an anoying mistake that I made the pectorials major to small.

Thanks
    It's nice to see that you're working on some variation with anatomy and all. did you use the same model for the women drawings?

Thanks
    Sara: yes same model, and thanks.

Here is some shit, I maybe finish one day, not in the near future though.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3