Art: Terminator
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Terminator

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Terminator

I've already post this pieces in the thunderdome thread but due to the few entries, I'm not sure lot of people go there :p

The second one is not exactly finished like I wanted to but time was over

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Injun Guest
    I like the second one, it has more attitude, and the composition just seems to work better. It's spookier.

Although the left gun in the first piece is frikkin' nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG!!!:eek: :eek:

Those are incredibly awesome, Where did you go to school? or what company do you work for? Man you are one of the dopest artists that I've seen on here. Please post more! how do you not have a website?:confused:

Goes back to drooling***:eek:

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Best entry I've seen on both the competing forums. I love both of these pieces for different reasons. The first has a really epic action feel to it. The movement conveyed esp. the revolving barrels on the guns is nothing short of spectacular. Good job!
    The second piece is the one that i feel most accurately captures the cold seek-and-destroy nature of the terminator. It also seems more true to the logistics the battle between man and machine. It would be less all out war and more hiding and guerilla tactics. This piece places the viewer into the body of an individual hiding in the shadows praying they won't be detected. Judging from the terminator's focus of attention those prayers have gone unanswered. Hard luck.

Bloody brilliant Aleski, with a capital "Bloody".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just OOOHHH`s and AHHHHH`s,of course
    And I almost forgot WOW!
    Joke,but really,everything is just avesome,mate.
    Thanks for entering!

Sjajno!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey aleski, these are excellent! nice attitude in each. the body language is so telling and ominous, over the top (in a good way).

there is allot going on but my focus still stays where it should that is a wonderful feat in itself. good handling of color and composition.

i would like to see a little more variation in edges. they all seem to be a little soft.

the terminator head in the first piece flattens out a little from perspective issues. go ahead and tilt that head back. Let?s see under his chin, let the check bone cover some of the eye socket etc.

i drooled when i saw these too!

bam! you got it going on.

jon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The second piece is very well thought through, I marvel at the way you have captured the terminators history, by exposing the metal skeleton through the human flesh, its obviously been through a rough patch. With the forehead in shadow, this brings out the red glow of the eyes to greater effect, very intelligent, well done!

Last edited by coylo; January 23rd, 2003 at 01:51 AM.
    "A day well spent brings happy rest" - da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another concept on which i would like to go further. No time for the Thunderdome...too short

For this issue of thunderdome, i must admit i'm a little dissapointed by the few entries. The last one seems to be taken with more interest...

It's strange, I was quite sure the first piece was more impressive that the second one and it seems that it is the opposite.
    I'm not totally happy with the colors and the light on the 2nd.
    I'd like to have some break and reconsider the pieces before posting them but there was a deadline...

Injun : Thxs a lot.
    I studied in Nevers, France : a good art school ( graphic design, logos, publicity...) They absolutely didn't like figurative works. But I learn a lot of very interesting things.
    Now, i'm living in Paris. I've worked for video games company and did a lot of books illustrations. I'm currently working for Todd mcFarlane Productions, on a comic-book.
    Still hope my website will be ok soon

keenerbean : I didn't like the concept of the Terminatrix. Don't know how they will deal whit it on the third movie. But it seems to me to be too different of the original terminator concept, an unstopable killing machine. The Teminatrix bring up other things like seduction and a little bit of sexuality. It could be interesting but it's not what's made the Terminator so fascinating

Loga4 : thks still for your support

Jon : I agree for the chin and see what you mean with the edges. I'll try to work on it again. Also some other details to change...

I'm stiil too happy that you appreciate my work, really
    Very stimulating big jon !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, i gotta tell you i love the terminator, and those are some of the best original peices i have ever seen of it. Do you have any good reference pics of the terminator and the t800 skeleton, because if you don't you must have a damn good memory. I've been looking for good references to this forever now, and i jsut want a good model sheet or turnarounds on the skeleton. thanks . helluva job man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the last sketch most. There's some kind of action and passion. And I like it in this form as it's not finished.

..:: Yaseck ::..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HOt HOt HOT!!!!--love the flame fire off the guns in the first pic( VERY effective)--whats the concept behind the last posted sketch

great stuff-ty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thegreat1 : I've got the DVD collector of the first movie, i didn't use screenshots but watch the movie again and used some photographs of the McFarlane toys ( the packaging and promotionnal photographs. I don't have the toy itself ( because i would spend too much time playing with it
    And like all the stuff coming from McFarlane toys, it is realy highly detailed, accurate and always impressive and I don't say that because i'm working for TMP
    And some Movie special effects magazines like, cinefex, SFX and Mad movies ( french magazines )

I'll try to finish the last sketch, i think it could be a powerful image...For this one I take some "distances" from the Terminator concept...It's something more personal
    Something about humanity, machines, pain, "self-assertion"...
    Dont'know exactly where i'll go on this one...
    Maybe it will not be something related to the Terminator...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.