Thanks

Green Day - American Idiot

I picked up the new album today and I'm loving it. It's not really the Green Day that we know from previous albums; if you're looking for another Dookie album, this is not it. However, it might just be the best Green Day album to date. It's a more grown-up band with a collection of songs that really show that growth (see "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends" for the best examples of this). There are still some signs of the old Dookie style in here, but for the most part it's a step in another direction. And not a step in the Warning direction either (I never liked that album much).

Anyway, I just needed to say that this is probably one of the best albums I've bought in a long time and I highly recommend it.
    Anyone else get it and have any thoughts on it?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I liked this album. A rock opera is sort of a weird thing for a band like Green Day to do, but I feel they pulled it off well enough. Rolling Stone had a review of the album in the latest issue that was worth a read. Check out the video for American Idiot for some green ooze fun.
    Ho hum!

Thanks
    i enjoyed 'Warning' one of my favorites from green day. so, who gets the writing credit on 'boulevard of broken dreams'? i'm curious because Hanoi Rocks had a song called that back in the early 80's and i wonder if green day did it as a cover, if so i'd like to hear it to see how it compares.

also, if you like green day, check out the Buzzcocks. an early 70's punk bank. i've been listening to them for about 13 years now and they never get old. very reminiscent of early green day, pre-dookie.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffd
    i enjoyed 'Warning' one of my favorites from green day. so, who gets the writing credit on 'boulevard of broken dreams'? i'm curious because Hanoi Rocks had a song called that back in the early 80's and i wonder if green day did it as a cover, if so i'd like to hear it to see how it compares.

also, if you like green day, check out the Buzzcocks. an early 70's punk bank. i've been listening to them for about 13 years now and they never get old. very reminiscent of early green day, pre-dookie.
    Warning was one of my favourite albumns. It reminded me so much of the Clash, be it Green Day's inention or not.
    Ho hum!