Sketchbook: Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OleOlsen Yep you right about the hands, i got a little lazy there :p

The pics i removed because they were really too much, too big, too ugly, and slow down so much the loading...

Thanks for the kind words,
    the fat guy is like the kingpin of paris, year 1900_ 1910

Panda : Thank you guy, i ll try to make a little animation in the next month, because i do a little, so i thought i could post it here too

cya

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 2 WHooohooooo !!

Panda, i owe u one

peace... :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Niceeee.
    wow, so many drawing, awesome. Nice stuff Ryu.

Like it so much, one suggestions. DO more figures.
    Ive seen some of your figures. they were pretty cool shape. DO more. MORE.
    I cant really give c&C, cause am not in a level that can ciritique about your works. But its really nice. Try to clean up your work after u finish it. )

I'll check your Sb again.
    Keep it up,

AMir

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much

I ll try to update more often now. Because i m working more from my imagination,i have some comics idea in my little head, hope it ll work

thank you,
    cya !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're veryg ood, nice sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Dellie
    i went to ur sketch book, but not so much stuff to crit, but when u post more, i ll be glad to help if i can.

Another one,
    C'mon, 3 updates in one day ? Wtf...

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup ryu. I like alot of your stuff. the paintings at the top of the first page were great! Yes my friend study the art as your doing! I think that the greratest thing one could do as an artist is to get comfortable with their way of relating their art to the world. every thing seems to fall into place after words. you are studying anatomy...thats the next best thing a character artist can do. dude great job. you should give you self a round of applause. I look forward to your work. oh and if you were talking about the blue lines that is a col-erase. it is a good friend of mine. if your talking about the inks they are....lemme check..STAEDLER pigment liners. 2 bucks a pop(kinda pricey if your a student)
    thanks for the crit. usually my lines are way clean but I picked up the worst habit for an inker..drinking coffee. Im out like snow flakes. talk to you later.

Last edited by TheMagnetic; April 25th, 2005 at 04:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First time checking this sketchbook out. Some really good stuff here man. The line work is great, so fluid and rich. You make it look so easy. And the watercolors are beautiful. Cool animalsketches! Too bad about the red xs - I would enjoy seeing the rest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep it on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow buddys, you cant even know how pleasure it is to hear from you !

TheMagnetic : Thank you so much, i turned to red reading your reply You know i like ur work, wont tell it again right... Would be so cool to meet u guys, maybe next workshop ? I'll see u later, on my thread or on yours ! Cya man, and thank you again, it s a great pleasure to hear some comments. Im having some problem drawing no ref, so working a lot, so i like when others like

Fellah Thank you ! Concerning the xs, the sketchbook was getting way too slow, it was picture from camera, so not realy good for web... And it was really crappy... Nice to hear, from you, c u later i hope !

Danilo ; Thank u, now it s getting really enjoyable, wont let it go

Heres today update, im on holydays so i can keep lots of update, i also sketched 14 pages of animals, i ll try to have some scanned.
    Here is the critical part, imagination drawings, To your crits

Cya !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here s a big one,

some non ref first :

Some more animals:

a nude:

Some random sketches on location... Some from the *Hot* block of Paris ( for a project, but i doubt i ll ever finish it, the guy who was helping me with the writing cant help anymore... )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You sure are fast with the ink sketched. so are you an animation student? you seem to be doing alot of art studies that an animator would do. Well..When can i see more!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    what liam.c said

cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TheMagnetic : I'm not (yet) student in animation. I study to enter animation school, so i try to learn a lot of things. Now i m more focusing on some aspects, which are animation, illustration, comics, concept art. All that turns around story, pictures, movies... Etc.. dreams

I have more, i have to scan it, i ll try to update in a few days, thank you again for the kind words

Liam and Hurricane, thanks you for stopping by and letting this kind words, thanks , cya soon !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little more.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one more...

I really have to know my anatomy...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know what you mean, but your anatomy is way better than mine.
    cool frog thing.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.
    .SKETCH.
    .CGHUB PAGE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank u, i wanted to do some monster of the sea, but it ended more comical... Thats the way the pencil wanted it !
    Cya panda !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryu-

The faces on the characters you’re drawing from your head are great... You are defining the faces with nice juicy black strokes which give them a lot of character. I really like the sketches of the lion statue and some of the environments with the strong black shapes built into the designs. Some of your most successful work seems to be the animal sketches on the first page… great flow and subtle colors.. is that watercolor? Do you have a theme you are pursuing for your personal work? What is it you most want to focus on or achieve in your work?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mermuse :

First, thank you for passing by.
    The color on animals is watercolor, i like to work on wet surface, i work quickly, broadly, lot in the movement. I dont have a theme, but concerning the work on my portfolio, all the character had a background, a little stroy, a quick sentence etc...
    The new character were to have a story (had a problem with the guy who was to help me) so i only kept the background of Paris 1900.

Concerning my future work. I'm really working on getting the most out of the technique i have now. I mean, i want to go over my weakness in drawing, because i think i can. I cant make everything gorgious, or like i would like it to be, but i think i can go over the weaknesses, and still make a strong statement. Thats what i try today. to go for the statement. And i continue to work on my technique, but i used to do only this.
    For now, i have a project of 4 illustration for children, so not many room for statement, but next, i want to illustrate/interprete some novels from an italian author. He is dark and got a lot of questions i'd like to work on. Hope it'll be a good background. I'm impatient to go and work on this, but i have two problems . First, i'm so exhausted, i worked hard this year, i m beginning to be really f*** exhausted, i have to do something about it.
    Second, i m afraid to fail in my project, and say to myself again :"If you cant say it, it s because u cant draw it, u have to have better techniqe to begin this project. " I'm tired to think this, i could think this my whole life, and never say a damn thing, then what would be the point of learning drawing ?

Sorry if i got a little long here, lots of my questions there, that s really what i want to achieve for now in my work, hope i didn t bored u Mermuse

Anyway, see u soon, i keep an eye on ur work, u know i like it.

Bye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Doctor Cometh

Or that the Postman <><><><><> lot o improvement from beginning to end <><><><> see some of Glenns' quick sketch influence <><><><> you are doing it well <><><><> we will talk about the beta program soon ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. by the way I think these will be better than Glenns' at least that is my goal ))))(((( more information and less demonstration """" actually a lot of demonstration of the information ^^^^^ Glenn uses a lot of classroom demo stuff as filler {}{}{}{} it is ok but the information parts are better and I think the production value and sound on his stuff is pretty bad! i also have trouble getting the dvds to play completely

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mentler, thanks to come Concerning glenns dvd, yep i had some problem playing some, sometime it stop, you never know when... and sound is bad... But incredible content, little problem is that he uses lot of class room as u said, so not easy to remember, he doesnt give exercices, or some stuff to do to have it in mind better... (btw drop a msg if u had this reply, if i have none, pm or reply, i ll post on your thread)

Some stuff i did for a children book... Not anything fancy, but first time i had to work for someone else (and little money)...
    I was so happy to work...but in the end, not much artistic license, i guess its like that... I tried to do the best i can, i m still not satisfied, but deadline is coming, i still have 2 to do, in 3 days...

here it is :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh. That last sketch from april 26th is so nice - thats a keeper!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe thank you, i did it again, the structure is awfully off !

I have bunch of stuff to scan, but too much work...
    hope i can make a big update in the next week,

Bye !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    spiffy, SPIFFY. The anatomy on the second drawing is really believable.

only crit: the shadow in the first painting doesn't look like it could be cast by that tree on flat ground.

Good shiat!

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.
    .SKETCH.
    .CGHUB PAGE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks panda...
    yup there are mistakes, but too much work and deadline...

Thanks to pass by,
    ++

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the Bone Doctor Diagnosis!

The best starting point for the pelvis in my book is the block form ~~ however it takes some explanation because the corners should represent specific skeletal landmarks which are not explained in any book that I am aware of ~~~ I will try to give you a good diagram in a future post ~~~~ you have got a good thread going here like I said before like your pencils and animals a bunch!!!

Thought I would give you a reply here instead of spamming my own thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you mentler, i didnt see your reply, i didnt received any mail on this update of my thread, weird...

anyway, i failed to the animation school, so not happy... But i had one school (art appliqué), and have been selected in 50 out of 400 and still wait for the answer of the other school...
    Now that exams are near the end, i will have more time to post sketches, thank you,

Bye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,
    eventually i succeeded in another public school, which is good, they take 32 student on 400 candidates, and i'm ranked 20 after only one year of full time art im hapy, often you have to do 2 years before entering this school

So im continuing working, was lazy with the scanning... so here is some little pictures, i have a lot more to scan, but i keep updated with more newest stuff

Bye !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Concrats man, nice to hear that!
    Well you do have the talent and people arnt blind, so it would be strange otherwise
    Now go give them hell

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You Be Great

The students make the school ~~~~ I have seen schools with the same teachers year after year turn out fairly average artists ~~~~ then I have seen a group of students come in with the energy and the talent and totally turn things around.

You can make where you are the best place to be ~~~~ some of my workshops are much better than others because I am affected by the energy of the people in them.

If I think they want to learn more I teach them more ~~~~ unfortunately the opposite is also true.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much to both of you !
    Thank you fellah, you made me turn red !!

And mentler, you're damn right, in my school, where we are 300, only half had some public schools, half have nothing, not even the want to succeed...

another one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's amazing to see how you achieve that great of an effect with that few lines. Inspiring!

All your studies are absolutely great and I'm not surprised you're an art student in Paris (Y'know, Paris still got that art-Mekka-touch here) and that: http://membres.lycos.fr/riou00/Sketchbook/buren1.jpg is utterly amazing! You should post more of those!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Faust, thank you very much for the kind words !

Yep i have to scan more... but the next bunch i'll add will be nudes, it s an eternity i didnt post some...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah that's what I cal movement! Nothing to crit on my side

http://membres.lycos.fr/riou00/Sketchbook/mai/nu11.jpg She looks like she is shitting, hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep thanks,
    unfortunately my skills at imagination drawing arent that good... yet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice nudes man.
    Do you know Hugo Pratt(im sure you do) - but if not check him out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep i know him, he is good, very good...
    But long time since i didn t see some of his work, it s time to search in library again

Bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I looked at Pratt again, he is sooo good...
    do you know Munoz fellah ? he also is someone of genius...

Another scribbling, for a tshirt for kid i think, there are other elements coming, here is the villain

bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another one, french one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some old lady inspired by one i saw in the bus today...

Come on people dont be shy to help me... i'm struggling right now...
    Working on shapes, i cant find the good one always, and struggling with lines also...so hard to clean... What do you people think ?

bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more doodling,
    im getting some rest right now, i m like no drawing all day, or only 20 minutes or so... But i need this if i want to be able to work next year like i worked this year
    i'll be back at 3-4 hours a day in like, a week i think...
    But be sure that your comments are always so welcome !

and btw, i'll try to make the prague worskhop, so if anyone goes , let me know

cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet ink on the long faced dude man. Nice chardesign.
    Draw draw draw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Throwin' Bones !!!!!

Big face is big good!!! love the hatching lines very well done and unique!!!
    Degree of finish is also very tasteful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much to both of you guys

cya soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've progressed a lot from the beginning of this thread, it's nice to see. I really like the crtoony characters, and the life drawings where you blocked out the shadows in ink look geat. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree, Yeah the ink brush drawings are great, I also like some of your architecture stuff too.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks

Hey I am really flattered that you would do a portrait of me : the striped pants are my favorite and besides they are the only ones that fit : nice rendition and striking likeness!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa thank you to all !!

mentler > yeah, i thought u would like it to will have to do another the cross hatching way then...

Bojee > Thank you, i also like some of your latest update very much

Cotron > Thank you man! Yep, u know what i think of your work... Anyone here, go and see his sketchbook !!

so a little update...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more characters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Doctor Will See you Now!

You are getting more comfortable with the medium and it is beginning to show in your works!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you doctor ! yeah, i'm tryin hard to be comfortable, so i can say whatever i want to say, and from there improve on my technique for as long as i can, i hope a lifetime should be good
    I didnt post on your thread recently, but im always watching, and always cool to see your "doodle", fresh, yet precise... really nice, i hope your project are going on well...

some more characters, searching to refine a little "style" to build on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those last ones are cool ryu! keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more...
    C'mon guys, leave me a crit, a comment, anything...
    I want to grow !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So ya want a crit?hehe, no worries man. As you know (at least i hope you do) i really like your stuff. The last ones are very nice - funny chars and all and your style is showing really well and it looks good - keep going that way. They are still pretty raw and sketchy (its a sketchbook, fellah )Maybe add some more details to give them a story and give them some color. Making them pop out more. Put them in an inviro(not my strong side either btw) and let them interact with eachother. See what stories come out of that. The inked ones would look really great with some strong "funny" colors.
    Keep working man!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2