Sketchbook: Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

NEWEST STUFF ON THE LAST PAGE !! THX
    Some Pics have been removed to keep transfer fast, thank you for scrolling down !

Heya !
    I take the time to introduce myself,
    my name is Ryu, i'm here for a long time (more than 2 years), but never had the time to really post or work in art...
    I do begin art studies! This thread will be very often updated, so keep an eye on it !!
    I really want to progress, so any crits are welcome, even the most hard to hear, that's no problem with me,
    I want to be shot down if it can make me progress !
    thx to have came by, hope you'll see the progresses too,
    stay tuned...

Last edited by Ryu; October 28th, 2005 at 06:09 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More pics

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more pics,
    COME ON GUYS, LEAVE A MSG !!
    thx,
    cya soon

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Come on guys...

some life drawing, 5min i think...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not bad.
    Look at WHAT you're drawing more rather than THE drawing.
    I.E.: The thighs on your last drawing shouldn't join like that.

How old are you and what are you planning on doing for college\occupation?

PEACE! =D

edit: i like your buildings too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya

I'm 18, and i'd like to do animation, or illustration, or concept art for film, animation, games... you know, DRAW
    at the end of the year come all the competitive examination to enter some schools which give degrees, so i have to Progress a LOT this year

considering the joint, it is bad in both drawing? or more in one?
    How should the thigh come in the joint? more in a circular manner?
    or do it enter a little higher on the side than on the lower part of the pelvis?
    if you can make a drawing, or draw over mine thats nice, but if u havent got the time i already thx you to came by !

cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ryu... i see some real potential in your work. alot of those studies are great. you are definately on the right track to getting better in doing sculpture and cast studies. that is the best way of learning value and training your eyes. but i think you re getting a little ahead of yourself. you re jumping to value to quickly in those studies. concentrate on line and getting the your drawing to look as close to life as possible. dont be satisfied with just a likeness, spend as much time as it takes to get it to look exact. after a while, it will become easier and faster to draw from life.

patternagainst said "Look at WHAT you're drawing more rather than THE drawing." you should constantly be looking. blind contour drawing, where you dont look at your paper at all, trains your eye and hand to work together. you should try a few of those.

on your question about drawing from imagination, that comes with time. the more you draw from life, the better your visual memory gets. to build visual memory, draw some thing from life, and get it exact. take a long time to get it to look as perfect as possible. then try drawing it from memory. you will be amazed at how much you can remember. do that with life drawings from models and such, anatomy will soon become natural.

hope that helps. if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't give up dude...but, definitely...do not post for the sheer sake of
    wanting people to respond. You gotta love this shit...no matter who sees it.

But, about your art. I see that your studying Vilppuu (however he spells it).
    That definitely will get your construction up. I did the same thing years ago,
    and I still do it sometimes these days. Copying is definitely good, but, make
    sure you "understand" what your copying. Always ask yourself "why" the
    person you're copying did something or you'll never learn.

Otherwise...just keep drawing. And you gotta learn perspective. Dont worry
    about making buildings. Just put shapes into perspective. Buy the How To
    Draw Manga Book, "Putting Things in Perspective." Best book I've seen in a
    minute...fuck all that cone of vision, mathematical shit...nice and simple.

Stay up, homie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reakshun > You're definitely right, whenever a man draw, it should be for himself, but i have examination, so, for this year, it shall be for me, and for others, even if i don't like that... but thx a lot, i was beginning to loose this idea, i shall draw for me...

Flex, thx a lot to have answer! I'll try your exercises, stay tuned for the results

Here are some pages of my sketchbook, and a sculpture, it's the first one i do, it represents a hand holding a nose (the subject was the nose), you know like for the joke
    the man is Freud, i also have a text which explain the work, it's all about the castration complex, and the power of psychanalys, which can both free or/and condition a man...

Tell me what you think !!

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more...
    the character in a below page is without ref, mostly ref for every thing else,
    including the gouache, which are my first, any advice, or directing me to any post with some painting advices would be more than welcome !

Cya

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more pics... School is getting harder and harder,
    especially concerning the actual art, you know all these weirdo who takes awful pictures or only blob some paint on a canvas...
    Man, and the worse is that i'll be judge on this to enter some school,
    holy shit, what's wrong with this world...

Comments always welcome...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New dump ...

come on guys, laziness is a sin you know

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Life drawing, short, charcoal...

Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawingsRyu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings
    Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawingsRyu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawingsRyu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    life drawings geting lot better keep doign the stuides it helps more than apparent at first .. try and think also about how those muscles interloc with eachother try and think about each surface <each plane >and its relationship to the light
    dont rush the studies have fun withthem and feel it pay attention to your body and muscles when you move and are at rest .. when you feel them and feel the movement in your body it will be easyer to see them when doing studies
    keep going tons of threads its hard to comenet on all of them mate so dont get down if no one talk some times thay are looking and if you on the right track you will probly get less "crits"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A reply ?
    i thought it was without hope... So i think i'll update with more recent stuff,
    i work a lot to progress, hopefully it'll work...
    You're right Liam, about the tons of thread to watch...

So some more, if anyone likes it, or not, letting me know is a cool thing..

watercolor
    Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings
    sketches
    for a new character:
    No ref on this one:
    some more sketches :
    african art:
    Gouache painting2h30 from a painting of nc wyeth)
    Analisys drawing with ecoline: (4hours)

Some more life drawings:
    Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings Ryu sketchbook **Updated 28th October** PRAHA drawings in there ! + 2 drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A new gouache painting,
    i have some more sketchbook pages,
    i have to scan these, tell me if you're interested.
    Otherwise, anyone know about the book Figure painting in oil by Graves,
    or anyone with cool site on Oil painting?
    thx

cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New painting, i m quite happy with this one, tell me waht do you think...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all coming along nicely ld look good studys look good keep going mate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx so much for the reply,
    here another one,
    acrylic and slow dry medium soo much fun,
    another one to come tomorrow, i'll try to do it really well,
    so stay tuned
    my new challenge was 1 painting/day, i 'm on it since 4 days,
    have more sketch pages also, but so much work i cant scan !

cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More,
    still have a lot to scan...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi, small time, big updat

Come on, long time i didnt post, tell me what you think about that

++
    15sec

30sec_ 10 min
    30 min
    doodles
    Coro method, THX man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, man.. you have some really great progress on this sketchbook thread... Keep up the good work.. it seems like your having some trouble with your heads/ faces... practice, practice, practice.. and keep up the great work...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

more pics

Tell me what you think

4 hours

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really exelnt progress man !
    the paintings looking good and the life drawings looking best i think really coming along mate !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a Big update, i hope you like it, you can rate it, so more people can see and tell me their thoughts of course

Enjoy,
    cya...

Last edited by Ryu; February 14th, 2005 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man those life drawign sessions are really payign off mate ! really exelent on this last post i can only see the verry last one others are redx but ! the life drawing and the ones from teh statues are really awsum !im gnna go try and registrer at the local comunity college to hopefully get some life drawing sessions in

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx for the reply, concerning the redx, i don't understand, i checked those,
    they should show up...
    tell me maybe if you come back if you see them all.

bye, and keep up the good work on your thread, the last sketch pages, black marker and white ink are killer

cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dam dude your a Machine . REALLY. When did you start this thing and why is there no replies. This stuff is really good. Keep it up your heading in the right direction for sure. I'll Keep my eye on this page whooot. Keep up with the life drawings cuz there rock'n, the studies are dope and ya should do some more imaginitive stuff cuz it be cool ta see whatcha got in that department buddy. Look'n forward to more updates.
    Later.

Ink Monkey, Blog Yet anouther blogger slave.

Ink Monkeys CA Sketch Book Thanks for the Drop In

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ink_monkey : thx a lot man, don't know why nobody answers ! i'd like more comments, for sure, really, thanks to have posted a word, this update for you

Liam, do you see the new pics ?

Guys, a little word ?

cya

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1