Thanks

30 day challenge

( link to official thread but read the rules here http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...674&viewfull=1 )

hello and welcome to the 30 day challenge

This challenge will be very similar to the 100 day ones but on a smaller scale. You will first need to pick one subject in which you would like to improve on, for example; environment, anatomy, vehicle design, armour, ect. You will then draw for 45 or more minutes per day for a full 30 days. In those 45 or more minutes you must do one study drawing from a photo and one drawing from imagination.

This is my first challenge that I have organized so it is a bit of a test to see how it goes down. If it succeeds then I intend on doing longer challenges as well as smaller once like this but more focused on one subject. Im sorry that I do not own a web page like they have for the other 100 day challenges but il maybe figure that out with them later.

Currently we have around 5 participants including myself, and will begin the challenge on the 25th of January and finish on the 23rd of February. If you would like to join just comment on this thread saying so
    Last edited by crowbbit; January 25th, 2015 at 01:49 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    So ( worst joke I ever made)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis van Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm in. Going to do still life(s) or still lives, however it's spelled.

Thanks
    thanks for joining guess if your doing still life you don't need to do an imagination ^_^ but will add you to the list of peoplez

Thanks
    Yes good point, didn't think about that part. I want to work on still lives in order to practice rendering, so I will do some perspective rendering constructions too.

Thanks
    Hey, thanks for organizing this and I'd like to participate. My subject will be ordinary people, with the imagination shot being from a different angle or pose.

Thanks
    awesome to have you on board but when say ordinary people what do you mean?
    do you mean like anatomy

Thanks
    I meant people in candid scenarios: example

Thanks
    Hey, I'm in (as you know) just wanted to make it official.
    Also, I will taking a two day break from the challenge because I will not dispose of a computer to upload on those days. I will add two days to the end of the challenge to make up for this. The days are: the 30th and the 31st of January.
    Everyone, carry on as usual- I just figured I might as well make a statement at the very start so it doesn't come off as justification for not having uploaded afterwards. I still oblige myself to upload on all the other days of the challenge plus two days after everyone else is done.
    That is all.

EDIT: oh yes, and my topic is ENVIRONMENTS

Thanks

Thanks
    i'm in, my topic, objects, such as clothing, weapons, books, aeroplanes, cars etc. I have a lot of pictures from museum, so I might as well start sorting through them

Thanks
    was aim for people to only really do one subject like clothing design, vehicles, still life, environments. Rather than doing multiple subjects

Thanks
    yea jaa, that seems like a massive topic. It might be a good idea to focus on something a bit narrower, to make some real progress in one specific area.
    say, clothing is a topic in itself.
    so is vehicles
    or airplanes
    or still life objects.

Thanks

Thanks
    why ? it's all perspective practice anyway, that's kinda the point, plus i prefer to learn a little bit of everything. But ok, I will make it weapons only, there is plenty there.

Thanks
    weapons is a cool chose but you could even go for character design if you wanted then you could do a whole outfit as well as doing just sometimes focusing on just the weapon, chest plate, helm, ect.

Only a suggestion but your chose of weapons is just as good as it will help you improve in that much area faster obviously

Thanks
    jaa, at the end of the day you can do what you want, but the idea of the challenge is focus: forcing yourself to go in depth with one area and seeing the improvement because of the consistent practice over the course of the challenge. To do lots of different things will still help, but you won't be able to in depth as much as if you limited your subject matter.
    We all want to be good at things across the board, but it takes time.
    I hope that explains it
    I guess the point is that focus and depth is a more efficient way of getting better than breadth and variety. Of course, one needs to strike a balance. I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the challenge!

Thanks
    Just found out that Dieselpunk is a thing. I'm going to try some character/costume designs - do a lineup for a comic book or game or something WWII era with some "what if?" and "wtf" thrown in.

Thanks
    mmmm so are you wanting to join in the challenge starts today.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...allenge-thread
    post your work here ^_^

Thanks

Thanks
    sweet you got 7 hours left to post for today but im not gona be to strict on the first 2 days ^^

Thanks
    Just read this, well I wanna join too! Hopefully this will push me to produce work, the only problem is maybe in the weekday school will get in the way since I comeback at 4:30 and if you mentioned 7 hours left, then that must mean the daily challenge ends at 6? I'll give it a shot either way. I'll focus on faces.
    Sketchbook
    "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it"
    Instagram

Thanks
    ye sorry didn't mention in this thread but where operating on the GMT time zone but ye feel free to join and post you work on this link http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...674&viewfull=1

also only got to do 45 mins a day which isn't alot but would love to have you on board ^_^

Thanks
    Hey..

Nice thread.. I am new here, and a lot of the site seems confusing to me.. I would like to be in the challenge and my topic is going to be HUMAN ANATOMY, POSES and GESTURES.. I am aware that they have another section for anatomy, but if it's upto me, I'd like joining here..
    PS : Could anyone give a hint on what to do first..?? Wer to post and stuff..???

Thanks
    ye ConceptArt can be a bit confusing at first but ye would love to have you on board

the challenge has already started but im sure you can caught up

but read the rules above and post your work to this link http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...866&viewfull=1

- - - Updated - - -

ye ConceptArt can be a bit confusing at first but ye would love to have you on board

the challenge has already started but im sure you can caught up

but read the rules above and post your work to this link http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=305279&p=3913866&viewfull=1

Thanks
    Day 4: first day of scool again so completed forget. Did this really quickly before I have to sleep
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    God dam it dennis!!! you posted it in the wrong threat dumbass -_-