Thanks

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

www.skycaptain.com

I donno. It just looks so damn cool. Their site has got some nifty stuff, including some concept art and a few desktops.

I just love cool retro movies, and this one looks like it's got it all from giant robots to secret flying airbases and really cool flapping ornithopter robot lookin' things!

I'm gonna go see it!!

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've been looking forward to this movie for months and month. Can't wait to see it tonight. My roommate has vowed that it will not suck. We're using our willpower to make it so. So everyone believe with us. THIS MOVIE MUST NOT SUCK.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    I have been waiting for this film since the trailer came out in May!! From what I hear, AICN ,CHUD etc, everyone is giving this thing incredible reviews.

I am not, I repeat, NOT a Paltrow fan. But, I am an Angelina and Jude fan plus the underwater scenes look too good to be true.

There is more blue screen in this film than in Papa Smurf's Studio.

Thanks
    I just saw it today, and OMG it was so awesome, there were some funny scene, like when Jude...wait I won't say it if you haven't seen it, but I wonder who the conceptual artists for this movie was, cause the Robots look like something ImpHead would develop, it was so cool. It was like star wars meets Dr. Miro meets, The Wizard of Oz meets and The End of The World.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    I so shouldn't see this tonight because I will be so freaking tired for work tomorrow....but...can't fight....temptation.

Thanks
    Saw it, love it.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Cool. I'll be seeing it this week. They don't get current movies out here where I live until, like a month after the release date. So I have to go over to the mainland...

Still totally looking forward to seeing it!

~S

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Loved it.

Unlike anything I've ever seen before.

And did you all know that the Empire State Building was originally designed to have zeppelins moored to it's tower? Yup, found that out in an architectural book a while back.

Thanks
    I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I didn't think the movie was all that hot. It lacked emotion and motive to me, it just seemed like it was made to "look cool". And it did look good, but still... it seemed more like a special effects demo than a movie to me. I didn't care at all about the characters, they weren't developed at all. They seemed like props to me. Gwyneth Paltrow needed to have her lines in the movie removed, they were just terrible.

I saw a lot of potential in this movie, but maybe I was expecting too much. I hate to rock the boat, I just wanted it to be good...

ps-notice how they refer to world war 1 as "world war one"? if it's set in the late thirties or so, they wouldn't call it that...not without WWII taking place yet.

Thanks
    I'll grant you, it did have a typical action movie plot, and the scrrenplay was clearly not what was on showcase here.

I just think that plot wise it's original (or at least 60 years removed from the originals upon which it is patterened after) and we've already established that stylistically it's different from anything out there right now.

I admired the originality of the movie that much that I'm willing to, or have forgotten about, most plot inaccuracies.

Thanks
    i loved the movie
    it was sposed to be like the old serial movies from back int he day, you have the hero, the dame, and the OTHER dame that makes the other one jelous...and of course the evil scientist whos trying to destroy the world...simple =)
    they had some tight visuals, and for a movie made entirely of CG...i thought it was pretty damn cool.

i laughed my ass off too...good stuff
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    favorite movie of the year

Thanks
    ahh, haven't found time

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGanguly
    And did you all know that the Empire State Building was originally designed to have zeppelins moored to it's tower? Yup, found that out in an architectural book a while back.
    Yes
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Thanks
    I have to agree with Cotron, there was an enormous emotional gap in the film, no one seemed to get very angry, or upset, it was just this even keel plateau of witty remarks and banter.

It did look spectacular though!!! Complete eye candy. I left with the same feeling as when I stepped out of the Phantom Menace, a little empty.

Thanks
    Saw that one today and enjoyed it alot!I do agree about the lack of character development though, Jude Laws performance seemed a bit underwhelming.I think I would have liked to have seen Ewan McGregor instead.Maybe the actors are having trouble adjusting to being in a complete blue screen environment for the whole movie?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Captain Marvel(Shazam) or a Cadillacs & Dinosaurs movie shot with this retro style though!
    You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.