Thanks

Noreply's Sketchbook

Hello everyone!
    I'm 19 and a computer science student who also have an interest in art as a hobby.

I've started this sketchbook as I wanted to get a little bit more serious in art. I regularly do some drawings now and then as a hobby previous to these ones. I wasn't very serious back then about art and ended up neglecting the time to improve my drawings which is what I've always wanted to do. Now is a great time (since it's currently a new year and summer break for me) to start working hard to improve my art! I'll try to post at least one artwork everyday if possible (either lazy or no time). I hope you all enjoy my progress!

To begin with, here are attached some art/sketches I've made today using my tablet.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Progress, sketches on paper.

Thanks
    I'm liking what you've posted so far! You have a pretty nice art style and I think that you have potential. I would say the first step may be to check out some anatomy stuff - you seem to have a good general idea of how forms work but with a little bit of work you could get way better at it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more, keep up the nice work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonigan View Post
    I'm liking what you've posted so far! You have a pretty nice art style and I think that you have potential. I would say the first step may be to check out some anatomy stuff - you seem to have a good general idea of how forms work but with a little bit of work you could get way better at it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more, keep up the nice work!
    Thank you for having a look at my progress so far and great advice! Anatomy is definitely important! I'm not particularly good at it at the moment though so I'll have to work hard.

Thanks
    For today, I practiced abit of anatomy from images on Google and Posemaniacs. I will have to do these daily to atleast get adequate since it's so difficult. Time to get some ebooks and study up!

Thanks
    Very nice! It's great to see that you're using forms to block out parts of the anatomy before you commit to the lines. I'd recommend looking up Loomis (you can get all of his books in PDF form online), he's super useful for anatomy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spoonigan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonigan View Post
    Very nice! It's great to see that you're using forms to block out parts of the anatomy before you commit to the lines. I'd recommend looking up Loomis (you can get all of his books in PDF form online), he's super useful for anatomy!
    Thank you for the advice! I've downloaded most of Loomis's PDF ebooks now and skimming through them, they seem really useful as there's plenty of content to learn.

Thanks
    Your off to a great start! Really liking that knight from your first post!
    Spoonigan gave you great advice, so keep updating! You'll be amazed at the progress you make!
    - Keep practicing!
    Sketchbook
    Deviantart

Thanks
    Progress from today.

Thanks
    Progress.

Thanks
    Not very much time today but still progress.

Thanks
    Update: Back to drawing!
    It has been a LONG time since I posted anything here. I do draw once in a while but not enough to improve. I guess I'll get back to it.
    To start off, I drew this pen that was on my desk.
    Name:  Real pen.png
Views: 825
Size:  110.7 KB

Thanks
    And did this without reference to practice lines and coloring. It's late now, so going to sleep.
    Name:  New Cadfgdfdfghfnvas.png
Views: 826
Size:  124.2 KB

Thanks
    Another random imagination
    Name:  some plant.png
Views: 824
Size:  67.1 KB

Thanks
    that pen is super nicely rendered! Impressive. Do more of that- drawing from reality helps imbue your imaginative work with believability.
    I can tell you like the manga style look, and that's cool. Just be careful not to let it rule you- in a sense, if someone practices lots of manga, they will draw in that style, but unless they have an understanding of forms, anatomy and how that style is based in reality, it won't be great.
    But ya, looking forward to see more progress from you; post more things. I don't really wanna comment on things from january since they're probably terribly outdated so give me more new drawings
    Keep drawing!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BHDH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BHDH View Post
    that pen is super nicely rendered! Impressive. Do more of that- drawing from reality helps imbue your imaginative work with believability.
    I can tell you like the manga style look, and that's cool. Just be careful not to let it rule you- in a sense, if someone practices lots of manga, they will draw in that style, but unless they have an understanding of forms, anatomy and how that style is based in reality, it won't be great.
    But ya, looking forward to see more progress from you; post more things. I don't really wanna comment on things from january since they're probably terribly outdated so give me more new drawings
    Keep drawing!
    Thanks! I plan to draw a lot more sketches of reality which I rarely did before this. I find it quite fun to draw now.
    I'm slowly catching up on Anatomy, forms and such. It is quite difficult to get right but I'll just need to draw more to get better. I like drawing in Manga-style but of course, to not get stuck in that style, I'll need to learn the realistic style to get an idea of how things are constructed to its fantasy form.

Thanks
    I had a busy week so I didn't get much time to draw. I will be free next week to draw lots more.
    For now, minor progress.
    Name:  chess piece pawn.png
Views: 97
Size:  195.9 KB