Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Guys,

Quite a bit of work around here. I wish I had more time to contribute. Here's a couple imaginary folks I've done recently.

Figure Drawing From The Mind, Thread

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Mentler, in regard to your style, what type of pens do you use, I really love the way they look when you put them on paper. If you do this digitally then what do you use? I have to say that it looks like a lot of fun and freedom from the otherwise unforgiving world of inks. Your work is mind blowing, you are an inspiration to me. I will post some of my figure work as soon as I get my scanner, c'mon Christmas money!

You guys are all great and I love perusing your work. I will dump a bunch of my stuff as soon as I can and I hope you will all enjoy as much as I have enjoyed your work.

Thanks
    great work everyone.....pesmerga i love those box figures.....
    and bonedog you have some nice figures coming along there....

did this the other day....was trying for a hero figure and that`s supposed to be 10 heads high i think....but still the head is a little small and the legs aren`t right....

anyway....keep it up everyone

krispee

Thanks
    Well, I finally got a tablet for christmas. This is my first attempt at a hand using it, and paintshop Pro. Also, can someone tell me what the best program to use is, also the pen settings? Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    photoshop and painter are the best programs to use.....

krispee

Thanks
    This thread contains some superb renderings and this is exactly the kind of level I wish to reach free hand and just from memory...

but before anybody can do this it takes a great deal of practise and study of anatomy right...well

it is easy to feel overwhelmed buy the sheer quantity of infomration on this site alone, not to mention the huge number of books that people recomend.

I have about 250 pounds worth of anatomy and various other art related books in my amazon basket and i know i only need a few to begin with.

So, I know about the Loomis Internet resources(cant find the books to buy though) if there are any others, please be specific. I was thinking about buying anatomy books aimed at medical students since they often display and describe body parts in more detail.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks alot

Njord.

Thanks
    Njord:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22558

look at this thread if you want advice on books......there are loads of them.....
    you can get Loomis books btw, i have 2 or 3....but they`re expensive and second-hand

krispee

Thanks
    Thanks, I think I will print out the loomis internet resources

Thanks

Thanks
    Njord:
    good idea......a friend and i did just that with 'figure drawing and all its worth', printing it out on A3(someone had actually scanned it at that size) and bound it up in a book format......works a treat and i don`t have to pay a whole heap of money for a second-hand one......

krispee

Thanks
    Just found this thread! this is great.

I have been slacking in art lately (too many video games! argh...gave them up though now, waste of time). I was just thinking I need to start working on my ability to draw figures without refernce.

This one is just a quick sketch I did at 3 in the morning last right before turning in...nothing detailed, just seeing what would happen, found this thread the next morning!

I find I struggle with hands and sometimes feet without reference. I recently found some rather interesting shareware programs, that maybe you all know of, that take some 3d captures of humans and then put them in various poses. They have a male, a female and now a hand one, and they have a setting where it changes poses every 30 seconds so you really get some quick looks at different poses. It can rotate them any angle you want 360 degrees and over the top...pretty cool! I am thinking since I am just trying to quickly get up to speed on the possibilities for various poses, etc. I will try them out. Easier than getting my wife to cooperate!

Here is the site:

http://www.cloudstars.com/Register.htm
    Last edited by tttia; January 16th, 2005 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks
    First post - but almost all my figure/anatomy studies are from imagination, so I thought I'd post a sketch from last night.

Thanks
    is anybody here familiar with Horace Lecoq de Boisbaudran? he was a teacher in the mid 1800's who stressed drawing from memory to be able to use their imagination to create.. he was supposed to have written a book, but i think its impossible to find.. maybe someone will know something about him on here.. mentler maybe?

Thanks
    hehe yeah i think mentler is the most likely to know anything about him. i can see he is not very well known on the internet, seeing as a google search doesnt even turn up 300 results. most of which are in french

Thanks
    yeah i dont think he was even that popular in his OWN time... although whistler was said to have been a follower of his principles..

THere is an article of him in Artist's magazine : Drawing on him, thats where i found out about him

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast