Thanks

Smile New Member Needs Guidance

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this website and to art in general so I need a few questions answered if you all could help me out.

First of all, I don't really have much serious drawing or sketching experience, but I used to love to do it when I was a bit younger. Lately, however, I've really become interested in pursuing 3D digital art, including modeling, animation, etc. Anyways, I've heard a great way to get good at this sort of thing is to have experience in drawing and sketching an that sort of thing, plus I'd like to learn how to draw/sketch for one of my own personal passions =D And after checking out this site, it definately seems like I found the right place to start.

So basically, the question(s) would be, as a beginning artist, where should I start? Are there some basic tutorials or exercises I can do to get me off the ground?? If so, where can I find these? I saw some of the tutorials and the assignment area of the forums, would that be a good place for someone with little experience to start? Also, what kind of supplies will I need? Currently I'm armed with a mechanical pencil and some printing paper.

If you all can offer me any type of advice on this subject, that would be great! Oh and I'm terribly sorry if all of these questions are answered elsewhere in the forums, I may have missed them.

Thank you all for your input, I really really appreciate it and I look forward to learning how to become great artists like all of you! =D

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    have you checked out this thread?
    back to the basics

Thanks
    Ahh, no I haven't. Thanks Crawley, I knew I missed something. =) Keep posting guys if you know of other places also, I can use all the help I can get! Thanks! =D