Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy 42year old woman with strange views...

First off...i rarely chat on the net...it's mostly a waste of time...

Today me and two friends were in the games section at yahoo.com...one played with a 42-year-old woman from Florida backgammon, while me and the other friend were chatting in the same table-room...my friend just wrote for fun that he was an iraqi...then the woman complained about the "towel heads" and began offending my friend...at last she kicked him...then me and the playing friend left the room saying that she was totally wrong with her opinion...

A few minutes later we (3 friends) were in another table-room playing and chatting....then she sent me a pm...we had a small discussion about the us, iraq and 11th sep...

It was unbelievable how intolerant and naive a human still can be after 42 years on our planet...

I made screenshots of the dialogue...

I know that the net is a place with many maniacs going to fool people...and i don't take it that seriously...but i heard there are people like these "Individual", never met one before...strange creatures...

42year old woman with strange views...
    Last edited by Fozzybar; September 11th, 2004 at 11:51 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    One of the most disappointing things to me growing up was finding out that adults didn't always act like adults.
    Sorry you had to talk to her.

emily

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by emily g
    One of the most disappointing things to me growing up was finding out that adults didn't always act like adults.
    Sorry you had to talk to her.

emily
    Man! That is very profound. And sad. When I was a very young child I always thought sooo much of adults. Now heerrre we are....

-Joshua James

Thanks
    It's clear her knowledge of History is very Narrow and very limited.

In today's Society I think it would be a very large enthical importance to stress how valuable learning from History really is.

Very Factual History of course. But, that is just wishful thinking.

-Joshua James

Thanks
    That's a damn shame for her to think that way....I know she has her own opinions, but that's wrong for her to accuse the whole "Nation". All of a sudden a big tragedy hits America and it evokes anger in her. Seems like she can care less to walk in an Iraqian's shoes. She is lucky to live in America, and so am I. I hate it when they start using freedom of speech as an excuse to justify their hatred. Terrorist are Terrorist, if you look at all the terrorist now a days, there is no one nation that are terrorist, there are many factions of them. Maybe she should study about my country (Cambodia) and the Khmer Rouge Invasion. Khmer Rough were communist Cambodians who tried to take over Cambodia by killing millions and millions of our own people. Pick up a movie called "Killing Field" and you will understand. I don't hate my own race for doing that, it were those individuals that I point my fingers at. It's just like the old Civil War days in America, are we suppose to still blame the South, and the South blame the North....No I don't think so, with that came a great bond that we see today. She's lucky that she's not in another country saying those things, or it's off with her tongue. Well I think I jitter way too much mindless nonsciense, I'm not even sure I made any sense. Peace and Love that's all we need.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Am I wrong or didn't Al-Queda fly the planes into the wtc and not Iraq? How come people don't know this.. I don't know. Read a statistic once - a month after Sept 11 happened maybe 10% of the nation thought Iraq might have been involved.. In the buildup to war with Iraq in 2002, the news machine had 60% believing Iraq was directly responsible. They did not come out directly and say this (because it wasn't true) they just used some clever reporting tactics.

Nation so divided right now, everyone's views can't be compromised. You tell people stuff like this and you might as well be "siding with the terrorists" in their view.
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    Word up Fozzy.

Well I do hope that she doesn't represent the majority of the US during the vote. That person doesn't even sound 42 ... sounds more like an uneducated 16 year old dork, and so strange - chatting on the internet which is currently a gateway of knowledge. Sure shoot all the children cuz everyone knows that they are hardset in their ways and it's just much too late to convert them. So easy to just shoot huh?

Thanks
    What was that she said ... about them Iraqi's being taught to hate american's from birth" and shoot you in the back and so forth...?

That's sad,

It didn't take her as long in her education to hate all of them to the point of genocide. So she witnessed the horror of it all... I live in Montreal/Canada and we stopped work too....and we were glued to the t.v. set and internet and we left home early. Most of us called up a friend or cuddled up to a loved one just so we wouldn't be alone witnessing this horror.

I kept wondering why someone would dare do this act of immense proportion that would give the u.s. reason to justify millitary action ANYWHERE in the world.

If she lived this 09/11 disaster first hand, It really doesn't compare to what Irak has lived this last decade and all the chaos they have to build from.
    Not to mention all the other nations who are at war today.

Violence is presented to us as a form of fiction that we witness from a t.v. or other mediabox as a product of entertainment.....far away from us....while some have the harsh reality of living IN IT everyday.
    The hate and anger from both these cultures is scary.

It's discouraging to realize that so many people are like this woman....selfish.... ignorant.... angry....stoopid.

You're a pretty patient guy Fozzybar. to reason and put up with so much ignorance, congrats !! We need more people like U.
    Whippin' post

If there's anything fluffier than a cloud, I don't wanna hear about it.

Thanks
    I hope people don't get the impression that all, or most, or more then a handful of ignorant americans think this way.

Thanks
    If she had been born in Iraq instead, then she would probably want to nuke the whole of america now, judging from her personality.
    ...+1 exp

Thanks
    Jesus. The irony here would be hysterical, if it wasn't so sad. 'Being taught to hate' indeed.

Good catch by Some_Guy as well. I love the way that Iraq has been retconned (to use a comics expression) into the whole 911 thing. Shocking.

Jetpack: Don't worry buddy, some of us credit the Americans with more intelligence. We know that you're not all ingnorant like that woman, but it's scary to think people are like that anywhere in the world.
    The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Yeah, you can meet a lot of strange and interesting people on the internet. I really hope that other people don't view all americans this way.

Thanks
    Hah... wow, I don't even understand how someone can blame Iraq for 9/11. I haveto agree with Emily.. it's weird how much my views on "adults" changed when I was actually old enough to really understand things. People are just overly eager to hate.

I'm sick of this whole Isreali/muslim/holyland era anyway... they need to sort their stuff out so the world can move on. Maybe I'm just tired of religion, but I won't get into that.

Thanks
    you see fozzy... THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR HANGING OUT IN YAHOO CHAT ROOMS. You think she realises there is very little or no correlation between the iraqi people and al qaida. You stayed remarkably calm fozzy, im impressed i woulda dragged this out into a huge argument and brought in all sorts of evidence and stuff. Uneducated people really sadden me, especially at that age.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    I'm with you Fozzy!
    darkcult

Thanks
    I'm the same as Davetheoriginal, there's people like her in every country, it's no reason to hate America (Hell, it's probably people like her who *form* groups like Al Quaeda)

Anyway, good job staying patient with her, not many people would be able to avoid bawling her out. It's sad that adults can have such blind opinions, especially since they would probably pass these on to any children they know

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    It's sick how many wars are perpetuated by racism. One thing (arguably) all wars have in common is that factions try to dehumanize those they fight. Early paintings that were created during the 1600-1800 catholic/protestant conflicts in Europe always depicted one side as naked, savage and sickly animals. The US is no stranger to that concept either. The same occurred in W.W.II on both sides. Propaganda videos showed images of Japanese and German soldiers as big inhuman gorilla-like monsters and were coupled with catch phrases like "have you killed your Jap today?" Generalizing our enemies as "gooks," or "towelheads" instead of considering them as men and women with spouses and children makes them easier to hate and easier to kill.

This dumb bitch is a perfect example of how successfully the the fears generated by 9/11 have been manipulated to include any Arab nation that even looks at us funny. Bush doesn't want us to believe that Al Qaida, Palestine, or the Iraqi regime are different in anyway. There Arab and that's enough. As long as people fear Arabs boarding their plains and living in their neighborhoods, they'll grant the government lisence to go after any Arab nation they want. It's all about fear.

To be fair though, she's right that some Arab children are brought up to hate the US. But considering that the US has been fixing oil prices below market level for decades, and have been strategically manipulating conflicts in Pakistan, Sudan and Afghanistan in order to create factions that can provide us with steady oil exportation, you can see how shit like that starts. US oil corporations have even backed the Taliban on and off. If it wasn't for weapons paid for by the US, the Taliban wouldn't even exist. One thing all of these situations all have in common is that the poor are always left out of the loop while warlords and big corporations hold all the cards and make all the deals. The US has become a collective symbol of foreign/western greed that steels food from the mouths of their children. Naturally, any military presence on our part is going rub them the wrong way as well. When you have popular but radically militant religious leaders sympathizing with them, who would you choose to side with?

I find it hilarious how we can forcefully impose our own standards on a nation and call it freedom. What kind of example have we been in the Middle East to make any of those nations want to become "free"? All they see is the rich completely ignoring or taking advantage of the poor when they look at us. Whenever the US interacts with the middleeast, the only western concepts they introduce are industrial. Not freedom of religion, speach or from tribal discrimination.
    Last edited by N D Hill; September 17th, 2004 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    I hope people don't get the impression that all, or most, or more then a handful of ignorant americans think this way.

Man, there's people like this EVERYWHERE !!! It doesn't take long to realize that they are more than a handfull of these dumbasses when you check the news. I figure that the majority are ignorant WORLWIDE and only a handfull of the population rise above that.
    Whippin' post

If there's anything fluffier than a cloud, I don't wanna hear about it.

Thanks
    Strange how imposing 'freedom' costs 10,000 civilian lives...probably more

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    i'd rather kill americans than terrorists..... (hi fbi)

Thanks
    What’s interesting is the fact we (Bush administration) wanted to attack Iraq from day one. I remember when I was watching the TV and I forgot what show it was but they were taking live callers, and it was just amazing to hear all these people blind anger. basically they needed someone to die right then and there for the crime. I remember one caller said, "We should send back all the immigrants in the US of A!" War does crazy things to people.

I guess someday sadam nuclear underwater silo will be discovered.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_cube
    I remember one caller said, "We should send back all the immigrants in the US of A!"
    Ahahaha, that takes the cake! So he wanted everyone out except for the native red indians?
    ...+1 exp

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    i'd rather kill americans than terrorists..... (hi fbi)
    Hahahahahhahahahahha.

Hahaahahha.

Hhaha

That took my a good 7 seconds to get it. Brilliant.

-Joshua James

Thanks

Talking

Hahahahahhahahah.

::Nearly in laughed induced tears::

Thanks
    Just to clear things up a bit, iraq didnt crash planes into the wtc buildings.

Oh and btw, it is ppl like that women in that chat room that make me hate florida. I say we get any decent ppl that might be in florida out of the state, nuke the whole state and then start with a clean slate. That rhymed.
    BLAST ON YOU!

Thanks
    wait a second. There are IDIOTS IN AMERICA!?!?! Jeeeez, when did this happen...

Thanks
    She called them "towel heads"...I mean, I may as well have stopped reading after that. She clearly hasn't a clue.

Thanks
    I can't help but think that wasn't a 42 year old woman from Florida who was there at the WTC.Just seemed like something wasn't right.I mean you(or your friend) pretended to be an Iraqi right?How do you know someone wasn't just fckn with you to get you pissed?

Yeah I did have a brief conversation w/someone at work right after 911 attack that went, Limo driver: I was at the store and the fckn kid working there with his stupid turban,man,I wanted to kick his fckn ass! I was going to tell him that kid was probably a Hindu or Seikh but I knew it wouldn't have made a sht of difference to that guy.

On the OTHER hand ,that same night earlier while our hotel employees & bosses were having a candlelight vigil to remember the victims, a fellow employee told me that America deserved the attacks.This by the way was his response to me saying that I have family that live in Manhattan and a cousin that works in the financial district.

The hotel I worked at besides having lots of celebs stay there also has lots of Saudi princes,ambassadors,Kuwaiti prince and princesses, etc.One Saudi man who worked at the American embassy in Saudi Arabia(obviously well educated and spoken)proceeded to tell me about how it was the Jews who were actually responsible for the attacks,and told me I should read the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"

Even on this thread there are the quotes;It is obvious to me that the real 'terrorists' are the american government much more than anyone else in the world. She's a victim of american propaganda.and;The US has become a collective symbol of foreign/western greed that steels food from the mouths of their children.

Reminds me that propaganda is not a one way street.
    Some fun links!

http://www.un.org/Depts/unscom/Chron...ologyframe.htm

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...3/378fmxyz.asp

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/02/kay.report/

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/ladin.htm

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/iraqchron.html

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/987075/posts

Ahhhhh, too much seriousness,time to pull out that clip of AFRONINJA!I know if I just keep watching he'll eventually make that backflip!
    You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

Thanks
    You know, I own alot of WWII documentaries and the state of this country is just so reminescent of the fervor of the Nuremburg rallies (political conventions). People are finding symbolism in everything to reinforce the ideology that America is 'the good guy' trying to stem the invasion and 'protect the weak.' But its more like a protection racket then a genuine concern.

"Hey, Kim is building nuclear weapons and has said he'll use them... but let's go after this guy that has tubing and baking soda; ignore the fact that he has billions in oil."
    "They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_cube
    I remember one caller said, "We should send back all the immigrants in the US of A!" War does crazy things to people.

If I wanted to hear crap like that I can go to the bathroom and drop acouple of loads. I've heard that used before and that sadens me. America was formed by the blood and sweat of people of all race. If that was to happen, America would have so much competition because other races will used the idolistic ideas from America to help forged their country to be more towards economics.....hmmm that might actually be a good idea.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast