Thanks

Resendent Evil: Apocalypse

"LOOK MOMMY! I wrote a screenplay!" - Paul W.S. Anderson

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    heard it sucked. wouldnt be caught dead watching it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    i sort of promised my father iw ould see it with him....dear god how do i break the news...

Thanks
    Why is this even a topic here? CA has been tainted now!!!! I dont even see how a sequal is even being made, what a way to ruin a good series of games. I didnt even see the first one. When i saw the preivew and jill kicked jump kicked the dog or something, right then i knew it was crap.

Thanks
    what do you guys expect? it to be some award winning film like lord of the rings, its about action and explosions and it has the nemesis what more could u ask for?
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Seriously when is someone gonna step up and kill Paul W.S. Anderson...... he's ruined so many of our legends ........

I love bad movies... so my $ was well spent... And yes, I knew it would be bad...
    But seriously this is like an ALL NEW kind of BAD... like bridging the gap between 'straigh-to-video' and real film...

But it was cool tho, when my dad was leaving the theatre he opened the exit door really fast .... and some little middle-school girl was behind it HAHA he knocked the living-wind outa' her!

Thanks
    i thought this movie had its 2-3 good points and it long list of bad ones.

well i thought Jill kicked ass. thats just me. all the topless scene with Alice was a fav for me

other that that the movie blew, well it was decent until the "final death round" came up... it was just retarded.

also anyone else think nemsis could have been soo much better if it wasn't made of plastic. i mean his boots looked like platforms, his head was HUGE, and his upper lip twitched... oh well. $8 lost
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    It was entertaining, and that's all I saw it for. I knew there was going to be NO plot whatsoever, no twists that I didn't see coming a MILE away, and the acting was going to be sub par all around. I knew all that going in. Why then did I see it?
    Stuff blows up, and zombies get the piss shot outta 'em. Furthermore, Milla Jovovich (Alice) actually turned out to be pretty badass, and Sienna Guillory, you have to admit, is ridiculously hot as Jill. Furthermore, they actually explain why she's dressed like that for the rest of the movie, which I thought was kind of hilarious.

And L.J. (Mike Epps) had some good one liners.
    GTA, bitch! 10 points. and My shit's custom, reffering to his bigass gold plated deagles, that he had stuffed in the waist of his pants.

Granted, the execution of the whole nemesis idea, was poorly done, at best, but the zombies were actually pretty threatening in this one, and weren't just lumbering oafs for the whole movie. The lickers were never fully explained, but so what? They were cool and mildly frightening. not to mention, that whole scene in the church was hella creepy, with the priest and his infected sister.

Anyway, I found it immensely entertaining, much the same way that candy tastes good. Not really that satisfying in the long run, but enjoyable for the time being.

Let me add also that I am not a 14 year old, sweaty palmed fanboy as the above so strongly suggests. I just like watching movies where you don't have to think too much, once in a while. My expectations of a poorly written, poorly acted movie, with impressive cg, and tons of explosions were well met, and that's why I liked it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Holy shit. WHY the friggin hell do people still hire Paul S. Anderson? You'd think it'd be obvious by now. A filmography consisting of nothing but utter crap, burying two great sci-fi franchises in one swift stroke of unbridled talentlessness as of late. Seriously people, if you keep paying for this stuff, Holywood is going to get the impression that people actually like him. If you ignore him, he WILL go away.

Thanks
    Paul The Hack Anderson HAS to have some sort of mind control to convince these execs to allow him to...I can't even call it directing.

He needs to be banned from the beautiful craft of film, no wait, he needs to be banned from even considering holding a Kodak Funsaver.

I just dont understand

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy
    "LOOK MOMMY! I wrote a screenplay!" - Paul W.S. Anderson

hahahhaha That's brilliant!

-Joshua James

Thanks
    the sad thing is us artists respect things and consider them art. THe jackasses in hollywood respect money, and thats what they set out to make. Hollywood has no shame when it comes to making money. That is why all of these resident evil movies leave you hanging at the end so youll have to go see the next one. It's not to tell a longer story, its just to make money, and from the sounds of it they are doing a darn good job cuz youguys keep going to see the movies.
    BLAST ON YOU!

Thanks
    If this film is as bad as you all say, then i can't wait to see it!

Alternitavley, why not check out Shaun of the Dead - i think it's out in the US in a week or 2. Quality film, made by people who respect the genre.

Oh, and funny as hell

Thanks

Whats so wrong with the movie?

RE:A was awesome, in so many more ways then one.

I mean seriously if you were expecting quality acting, writing, a plot etc then I just shake my head at you.

But! If you went in there thinking "I wanna see zombies eat people, a mutant creature dude with a gattling gun and a hot chick shoot things" then what could have possibly dissapointed you?

And besides, where else can you see Seth Green with a bad Russian accent get eaten?

Some of the scenes were just hilarious, mostly the unintentionally funny ones. I loved the opening scenes when they did big panoramic view of "Raccoon City", I know it was filmed in Toronto but they could have at least edited out obvious landmarks like the CN Tower...

I hope they will ALWAYS be making dumb movies this bad.

Thanks
    Apropos: Amen to that. Zombies, shooting, hot chick. All good, good, and very good.

If you were expecting a great movie, well that's your problem...You've got to learn to appreciate a great "B" movie. This one will be a classic.

I'm going to buy it!!!
    (Insert stupid, pointless, and offensive signature here)
    www.wayofthegeek.com My web comic full of stupid geekiness.
    www.carterillustration.com My website filled with freelancing EVIL.

Thanks
    I don't think anyone was expecting a great movie.... does anyone nowadays?
    I love a great 'B' movie.. and this one will be going in my collection.

but it did jip us a whole bunch on the zombie-age ... big shakey cameras, and slow-mo to hide everything..
    In the new Dawn-of-The dead we got some great scenes with chunks taken out of peoples necks, zombies getting run over, and an AMAZING 'outbreak' intro...

Thanks
    lol sammy you should take a pic of the dvd when it come sout and put it in your 'b' movie section, take a pic, and mail it to Paul, ahahahahaha.

Thanks

Arrow

should of went straight to dvd or trash, biggest waste of my money ever.

play the resident evil series. much more entertaining.

or watch the remake of dawn of the dead or the original, thats how a zombie movie is supposed to be done.

jus' my 2 cents.

Drew

Thanks
    i saw this movie and all i can say is ...."disgraceful"
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.