COW #340: The Christmas Dragon - Finals

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Pick your favourite Christmas Dragon!

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • nepomuk

3 18.75%
  • Kathy

4 25.00%
  • Arbinn

9 56.25%
  • Ashess

0 0%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Deadline:
    Saturday January 3, 11:59:59 PM EST (GMT -4)

Post your final image and description here! No WIPs or placeholders allowed!!! I will delete them. Use the proper thread for this purpose.

Only 1 post per artist is allowed! If necessary you may add questions in your post, if you need some last minute help, but you ideally want to use the WIPS Thread for this.

Once the deadline has passed I will close the thread for submission. Once this occurs I will then judge all submitted entries in this thread. Entries which break one or more rules will then be rejected from the poll.

I would also ask that you DO NOT edit your entry after the deadline has passed. You will be disqualified from the poll, if the edit is minor such as fixing a typo, please message me first for permission. You can edit your entry as many times as you want before the deadline or after the poll has closed.

Copy and paste the following lines and add your own content. Delete all * before posting. You can use the attachment function for the image as well. I will delete all replies, which are not posted this way.

USE THE ATTACHMENT MANAGER (post reply > go advanced > attachment manager - and use the paperclip icon to embed the image)! This way no images get lost over time.

[*B]Artist: [*COLOR=Black]your-nickname[/COLOR]

Concept: [*COLOR=Black]name-of-your-creature[/COLOR][/B]

*add your creature's description here, followed by your submission image(s)*

Round Requirements:
    -must be a dragon
    -a very friendly, and light spirited creature
    -represents christmas

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Christmas Dragon

[*B]Artist: [*COLOR=Black]nepomuk[/COLOR]

Concept: [*COLOR=Black]Christmas Dragon[/B]

[/COLOR]COW #340: The Christmas Dragon - Finals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my Christmas dragon:

Draconis Bolis Natalis is a dragon species which's scales have developed to colorful glitzy balls, very similar to Christmas ornaments. Why, you ask? Evolutionary biologists still argue wether the multicolored scales simply attract mates or if the hollow balls help reduce the weight of the not very aerodynamical creature and aid its flight. Probably it is a combination of both. Unfortunately Draconis Bolis Natalis is a very nice and slightly dimwitted breed and rather trusting in humans by nature. Thus the unfortunate custom has developed to hunt them for their scales and sell those on christmas markets as the most special of Christmas ornament – that's why they are close to extinction.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Arbinn

Concept: Bellaria Chompus

The jolly and fluffy "teddy drakes" come out during Christmas time to prey on their favorite food: the sugary candy salmons. The drakes find a sweet spot and catch any salmon that comes close enough as they try to make it to the moon to spawn. The salmons' migration lasts for about a week and during this Christmas time children often visit the cliffs the drakes sit on to pet their favorite animals and maybe get a taste of the sweet, sweet salmons.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arbinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 883 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: ashess

Concept: Christmas Dragon

SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    my website
    my pinterest stuff; model drawing etc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    CLOSED! Poll will be posted shortly and the new topic has been posted to keep yall busy in the mean time!

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook