Sketchbook: Then the girl said: Less art, more chocolate. (Journey of the 1st CA student) - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Then the girl said: Less art, more chocolate. (Journey of the 1st CA student)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, you basically own. just goes to show what one can achieve when one is dedicated. you can even see improvement from month to month - way to go, this is both inspiring and depressing! har.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, man, some really great stuff in here! Question: what are the settings on that palette knife tool you use so much? Its application in the pig/fawn painting really caught my eye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the one with the pig is awesome. your skillz are getting better and better! keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the pig are great! I very like the brush stroke, dinamic!

critics welcome! my sketchbook

MY -BLOG

Oblio is offline Pointless. 1st CA student. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello all,

sorry for not updating this. i'm super bussy working on a game.. not anounced yet... as for now still suepr fun to work on.
    I don;t draw too much lately - not enough time. I try to get a study now and then late in the evenings or during lunchbreaks.

about brush - it's ussualy palette knife - smearing and loaded. default params. usint the ArtPen from wacom though for rotation.

i try not to use that brush now - i want to try different thing so the studies are mostly done with other brushes. Oil, Oil Pastel, ink.. so on.

i hate how this one came out. i'll try to do it again.

try to make this not to look like shit.. damn hard. now it's too woodie.

It's not anything important - just to keep me out of rust.
    thank you all for the comments and the visits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ti-a iesit bine covrigul, chiar daca seamana cu un penis
    si mana aia e frumoasa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They look nice , the bagel two don't know why you worry about it, didn't know they had those kind of bagel's in the US, anyway. Cant wait to see what game are you working on now , cheers. ^^

Last edited by Giorge; September 29th, 2008 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats awesome oblio ! nice seeing your work! hope all is well

dished

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good dude.
    Take care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your boiling machine, wonderfull design in this pic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another Nov. 1st.
    Over 160 Self Portratis.
    Huge thanks to all who participated.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=139827
    There is a gift in the middle of the thread

It's a wakeup call every time.
    I remember when i really struggled to make a study - measure everything - i wanted to make a real copy of what i was seing in the mirror.
    Then.. my friend Jim comes around:

- Heh.. it' sfunny how you see yourself.."
    - What do you mean? I made a study... it's ment to be a copy of what is in the mirror.
    - No man... you don't look like that at all.

So.. will i ever capture how others see me ?
    Here's my contribution - i just liquified it now - without reference - as someon said again - it doesn;t look like you, unless.. offcourse .. the haircut
    Initially - mirror reference, Painter X, Photoshop.. and some hours.
    It' the kind of work that shifts under your eyes - i put some worrk on the nose only to notice the eyes are off - work the eyes.. now the nose is off again.. then.. wait. maybe the chin is wrong.. or.. did i just moved again...?
    THe result is not that important- i don;t care if it looks like me or not... not even if it's clean, proper, good proportions, colors, values .. etc.
    The ride was good enough.
    See you all next year.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fvck you are good heh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi sir first i must say im quite new on this forum and i also want to thank you for sharing your experience and effort. Your evolution is very inspiring and it also gave pleasure to read your sketchbook. I also want to add that i really liked your 1 november 2008 portrait (and the thread initiative of course! it really slaped my face to back off a bit from imagination and confront myself in front of a mirror with a blank paper). I wanted to ask you something also i saw a photo of your studio and you said something about that a5 wide intuos is it really that big ? it seams more like an a4 sorry for this dumb question i still own a old wacom volito a6 and it seams much bigger in size in my comparison :X
    Keep going sir!

SAGIR is offline This user is brought to you by: My mom and dad Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome portraits, I especially dig your use of brushes, tons of inspiration there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great understanding of light and I love how graphic some of your work looks, well done mister

The scrawny white sketchbook ring
    OISHIINIKU CAKEYPIGDOG MYA RES D-BAKER ASHAB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazingly inspiring!!!Some great evolution there and your last autoportait really rocks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent work , i don't want to sound like a but , it came out good, and your are right , you can't make your self portrait of how others see you , but your representation of yourself is like a window in to the world of you. Funny story about how others see you , i remember a guy was drawing a few of his friends ( including me ) and one of the characters came and started arguing about the character that represented her and how it didn't look anything like her. Now that's wrong, you can't mess with another person's imagination and view , sometimes its a joy to see how you appear in the eyes of others. Good or bad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

warpy - you have no ideea how bad i am in fact. I'm so far from where i want to be

luismbf - thanks man. hope to see you on Nov. 1st next year too. I hope i'll get soem time to post some more and write more too. The Wacom is an A5 wide - the wide factor is deceiving there. A4 is bigger. I use the wide to have a better match with my laptop's screen.
    My studio changed, laptop changed too...
    At work i still use a Graphire2- i love it.

SAGIR
    - thx man. i'll try to use some other brushes.let's see what comes out of that.

Ashab - well.. i still need to work my values. thank you. let's hope i'll be able to do better.

Okmer - thx man. Love your SB.

DStraX - thx.

flamable - SP's are tricky. and always will remain a favorite for me.

Here are some quick things i did in lunchbreaks or so.
    various references.

this one is from life.. at a ball.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First time it was deja vu.
    She was as always half asleep on the way to school, leaning her forehead on the bus window when the other car passed in the opposite direction.
    In the window of the other bus her reflection doubled.
    The next day she played with her reflection until her shadow merged with the rain trails and formed a rabbit...
    Nice weather, no? said the rabbit.

The regular opposite bus makes his pasing fast. She barely managed to notice that her reflection was looking on the wrong direction.
    Weird.
    She was tiered... needing sleep.
    Eyes closed she talked in her head with all the people in the bus - finding out all their stories. People are not that bad. Students rock.
    She will punish her reflection tomorrow starring at the window no matter how many busses will cross....

Weekend came... no school, no bus... no window... no reflection...
    She forgot about it until the forehead told her Monday morning - brr the window is cold... again.
    It's decided: she will look for the other bus.
    The bus arrived... and for a split of a second she saw herself in the other bus... with her forehead on the window.
    There was no doubt... it was really her... or someone who looks identical with her.
    She was so freaked out the next day... looking for the purple bus...
    Her heart was so small... the bus was getting closer.. and...
    Both busses stopped - the traffic was such that her widow came right in place with the window she was aiming for in the purple bus.
    She looked at her copy... perfect... the copy was amazed too... it was such a moment... she doesn't remember anything else from that day...

Next day... she looked again... big starring eyes on both windows... moving away the copy... smiled...
    Couldn't remember anything else of that day either...
    Next day she mounts in the bus to go to school... eyes meet... time stops... time runs again... and then at destination, she gets off the bus... she was... home.
    It was still morning... she left for school - she remembers that much... yet... the bus brought her home. She tries to ask the driver but... the bus is gone and... it's purple.

She dials her own number... and her voice sais - i cant talk right now.. i'm having class. i'll call you later.

later she only receives a message:
    "i'm sorry about all this - it's because i'm in love... all the quantics... the infinities of us... i had to skip over one of us. Is all a bit messy - but... all the numbers are right now - you will love too... starting tomorrow. I'm go glad for all of us. Good bye."

The next day... she was going to school... remembering nothing of this - she was just thinking about her lover... someone she only remembers about... it feels like she never met him... like a love from the internet and it will take her whole life to see him again... but she loves him... and she will stick to this window of the bus every day until the bus will take her to that world and she will be able see him again. What's the difference if he's oceans away or dimensions apart?

Then suddenly she heard his voice... right in her head "i love you too, freako"

The end.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Then the girl said: Less art, more chocolate. (Journey of the 1st CA student)

HI !!!!!!!!!

Huge thanks to all who participated.

Natzuur-JK is offline Arrrggghhh im a..... ninja? Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    from first page to last page, i must say, you've come a looooonnnggg way. Awesomeness.

Freelance/general inquiries @: Natzuur@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Then the girl said: Less art, more chocolate. (Journey of the 1st CA student)

HI..

thanks to all to participate in this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Updates for the year:

sketches:

Roxana

and a story...

It was a bad day for Milk. The warm morning started to show some marks on his tan and the Jazz concert he was listening to… surely altered time. It was in fact the theme of his study: "we can alter time if we really manage to change our internal rhythm" and the Jazz was the perfect method for it.

He was sick… way too much sun, way too much Jazz. Time shifted for him and the 5 minutes he was spacing out, came back to tell him that in fact they grew into 5 days.

So… there are 5 days since the cat was missing? The Jazz concert failed to bring back her waving tail… that's why there’s no question, why his insides were not feeling that good.

By God, missing someone is really a damaging business.

Concentrating on his pain, Milk went into a deep sleep we call coma. Twisted around his guts he was dreaming only of the cat and her joyful figure. It’s strange how cats don’t have the anatomy to be sad. Surely… they try and we see some effort but they’re still just cats. As he wakes up, the cat is next to him.

She’s not sleeping, she’s not eating, she’s all wet and dirty and she seems in pain. Just like he was feeling.

Have his thoughts twisted her reality too? It seemed impossible... the Jazz concert was over.

Without saying a word he gets of the bed and starts to dress up. He’ll go to work and will not ask her a thing... if she feels like it... the cat will talk, will tell him everything, will love him again.

He could see on the expressions of all the colleagues he met that he wasn’t in his best shape. Everyone was looking at him like all of a sudden he was born malformed, suffered a severe burn on his face or just lost a limb, as having disabilities. They were acting accordingly, masking their attitude, trying not to stare too much.

Is my love … my disability? People treat me hopelessly.

He went back home, the cat was faking it too. She was acting like nothing happened, just like a disabled person tries to act normal.

Milk was hoping initially that she will burst open and confess, that the pain she was covering was meant to be remorse, to be out of love for him to turn into medicine for them both.

But the cat never speaks her most intimate echoes. The cat’s anatomy can’t let her burst into tears.

The cat is faking every color of her fur and every sun ray in her eye.

It was a bad day for Milk. With a sad smile, he kissed the cat on her little pink nose, took his jacket and went out.

In the Jazz bar, Milk was trying to shift time in the other direction, shrinking hours in shot glasses, drinking his guts out.

If the cat would come after him, pick him up, drunk as he was, telling him – “Come home you idiot”… it would be a nice story... right?

But cats changed. It was a bad day for Milk.

Last edited by Oblio; June 15th, 2009 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Checked out your sketchbook and you have totally inspired me. I've been depressed for a few days after having to end my relationship with my girlfriend, I've been trying to draw to snap out of it but couldn't get any inspiration. But You totally inspired me. Keep up the good work man, I shall keep the lines coming and keep improving just like you. much love

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWE fuckin SOME, oblio!! Really! Your last SP really makes me want to do some of me again. Thanks for showing your progress and improvement!

-antonio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work, i see a lot of improvement.
    i like your brush strokes and use of colour

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow....it's amazing to see how far you have arrived...many gratz!
    I really wish you a creative 2009! ^_^

I have a sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oblio I like so many things about you. Your art is definately the biggest part of these. Great work you do.
    However, I had to smash this one on my desktop. It is just spectacular. I'm not sure if I should make it, cause its a bold statement, but I think it is probably my favorite artwork on conceptart.org so far - I sure haven't seen everything on these forums, but - ah fuckit - This is pice is superdelicious...

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio View Post

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah. I gotta agree with lewiston here. That painting is one of the coolest from you. There's lots of movement and solidity in it. The one with the bus has great colors and reflections.
    Just do more imagination stuff so that you can use all your observations .

Cheers.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14