Thanks

Commercial Printers, love em or hate em!

Commercial Printers are a bit of a grey area for design folk straight out of college, so I was wondering if any folk here on CA have any nightmare stories with printers, or maybe just some general advice on the processes involved from the various stages from design to print. Any PC and MAC issues, mistakes the printers have made, image formats, technical tomfoolery that might have fooked up the prints, wrong colours... let us hear em

Personally Ive only dealt with a commercial printer once to get me business cards done, and they even fooked that up by cutting them wrong, and somehow making the image very bitmapped. But anyway, if anyone has any tips or stories to share, plz do because Im sure there are many ppl here who would like read them

Peace

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I struggled with finding a close service bureau all through college. I had to settle with kinkos, and EVERY single time I went there (a shitload) i was disapointed and ripped off. THey would even try to charge me for errors the pinter would make like streaks!!!!! You may be thinking "well that is a bad kinkos." But ive been to several of them in two states and theyt are all the same. As for a print shop, ive never delt with them because im not doing graphic design any more and even when I was my boss took care of it.

Its all about spending a couple hundred on a lexmark that will print better than a $25,000 canon that isnt properly callibrated by the dumbasses at kinkos.
    BLAST ON YOU!