If I had a hammer...

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

If I had a hammer...

I would never hammer in the morning...

I'm not really aware of the mindset I had, (lots of black sabbath) but 30 minutes later I had this freak drawn.

"They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice picture man. By the way the next time try to add more action to the drawing. He Seems very static.

Freelancer Artist

Thanks
    I think the whole point of it was that he was just standing there, waiting. Waiting is an action with, at least to me, a little more intense then explosions and physical movement. Moments before action and moments after action; suspenseful then reflective portray a bit more meaning.

"They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    teh idea is good .. but was it on purpose to give him a balerina body ?
    cause i dunno but someone like this dude suppose to be BIG and strong with that helm and badass hammer .. but you made him verry skinny ... his legs are way to small he should be taller and his arm need some anatomy work .... i hope im not a complete asshole but those are things that i see imidatly ...

Thanks
    His legs seem off somehow, like tilted or something. Cool hammer btw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMech
    His legs seem off somehow, like tilted or something. Cool hammer btw.
    Yes, his leg is tilted (twisted) inward (feet sort of pointing towards each other).

Quote Originally Posted by Eew
    teh idea is good .. but was it on purpose to give him a balerina body ?
    cause i dunno but someone like this dude suppose to be BIG and strong with that helm and badass hammer .. but you made him verry skinny ... his legs are way to small he should be taller and his arm need some anatomy work .... i hope im not a complete asshole but those are things that i see imidatly ...
    As far as his arms go, I'm only fairly confident, but confident nonetheless that the anatomy is close to the mark. The upper body is shifted (why the lats are uneven along with the ser-anterior and abs). The arms are also inverted; one closed in the other out. I opened my cyclopedia anitomica when you mentioned it to check my arms and they check out. He's not thin either. A large upper body doesn't diminish the size of the waist. Same issue with the legs. So he's standing cocked, offset with shoulders set back/out and his arms inverted.

As far as skinny goes... Nah. People have called me thin because I simply have big arms/shoulders/chest despite that I have a "34 waist. I'm not thin, only relatively thin.

I don't mind some criticism, but be a little more specific to make it constructive. What about the anatomy? What about the height? What about the legs?

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    "I don't mind some criticism, but be a little more specific to make it constructive. What about the anatomy? What about the height? What about the legs?"

You won't get much constructive criticism because there really isn't anything to criticise! I think you did a good job of making it obvious that his foot is turned inward, there is nothing wrong with the anatomy, and I certainly don't agree with the "ballerina" thing. I guess if you just have to have everyone looking like Mr. Universe, but I think perhaps some people get too used to seeing "Marvel proportions" rather than realistic proportions. I really agree with you saying "Waiting is an action," this is very true.

I guess really the only criticism I can give is that the helmet looks a little displaced. I can see that he is looking down, but the helmet doesn't look like it has been placed entirely correctly. I'm not even really sure about that, can't really see how to fix it at the moment. Maybe it just doesn't look like it is pointed down so far as his face is?

Anyway, it's a great drawing, and I think all of these crits so far (possibly including mine ) are pretty baseless. Great work!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.