Ground Hound (untitled concept in progress)Update 9-5 with pic
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Ground Hound (untitled concept in progress)Update 9-5 with pic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ground Hound (untitled concept in progress)Update 9-5 with pic

this wip that Im working on and seeking advice, I dont think it looks too good my wife thinks it looks cute, I need to know if his feet look ok or should I make it more dynamic and does his neck look way too thick for the body....you know let me know. Thanks

enjoy as well

Last edited by dinfet; September 5th, 2004 at 04:07 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wouldn't worry too much about the neck anatomy as it's just a sketch. The character has a good pose and whose to say it wouldn't have a huge neck like that. I think you can beef up it's ferocity by maybe detailing the mouth area. Try adding some saliva between the jaws and some strong highlights to the tongue and gums to make it look wet. Keep going, it looks great.

--Roger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it looks fabulous. The neck is fine. I think that one just expects to be seeing more musculature or skeletal structure to support that anatomical situation. I works without it...maybe a bit too wrikly or veiny in just that one spot where the kneck meets the torso it might be too abrupt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the length of the neck, but maybe it could be a bit more tapered, so that it is thicker near the body and thinner near the head.

I'd work on those mandible / tusk things a bit as well. Maybe they could be bit thinner and longer. Also they need to either be fixed firmly to the lower jaw (if they are tusks, for digging and goring) or seperated from it a bit (if they are mandibles for grasping and biting).

He should probably have a fairly big tail, to balance that neck, but I'm not sure if you would be able to see it from this angle anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this picture is turning out great! You managed to overcome two problems that are often present in your images
    -light shadows: you have some great dark shadows
    -dynamic: you incorporated some very difficult perspective and foreshortening in this image.
    The feet are great, the eye area is good and the muscles are defined well.
    A agree with the other comments, the base of the neck area has the most problems. The main problem is that the neck is just too thin at the base. I drew a quick profile of "A" how it is now and "B" how a quadraped's neck usually works.neck Example
    I dont really understand the tusks/pincers either. Moving them out for pincers or in for tusks should work.
    Adding a bit of light on the underside of the creature for diffused light might be cool, and enlarging the head a bit could push the foreshortening even further, but that's just me.
    I realize it's just a wip right now, but... DONT FORGET HIGHLIGHTS!!!

my psychic makeup is all over the place

www.bunkart.net

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First off thanks for the response, I glad you like it Still working on the drool, and other things mentioned. Im not going to put in a background I was wondering If this background color works? Should I have a shadow on the ground?

How's it look?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, I think the paint job is great, the background color works for me. I'm not sure what you have planned for this creature. I thought a tail might make the composition a little more dynamic and give it a bit more flow, but it looks like your nearly compleated.(forgive me for drawing over your work but it was the fastest way for me to show you what I mean)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ptree3- I Im torn whether or not to include a tail, maybe Ill post one with one and one with or and do a poll or something... Thanks for your kind reply

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.