Thread: Old Boy

Thanks

Old Boy

Just watched it tonight.
    It´s a very nice and quiet disturbing movie way off the road from hollywood mainstream. It left me with a wicked feeling in my mind like "Requiem for a Dream " or "Man Bites Dog".

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I know this is an old thread, but whatver.

I just watched this movie, the whole way through. Without subtitles.

It didn't even need them, that's how goddamn good it was. The storytelling was so complete visually, that you got most of it just by watching the actors' body language and expressions.

And yes, there is a claw-hammer fight scene. That should be reason enough for you to watch this movie. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Anyway, there's talk about an American remake, with either Johnnie Depp or Nicolas Cage as the hero and villain. Depp coupd pull it off, as the sadistic voyeur Woojin. Cage then would be left having to play Dae-Su, the main character, and that just wouldn't work for anything. There's no way he could pull it off. This should be left COMPLETELY as is. A good port of the script into subtitles, and that is IT.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I started watching this at about 2 am, assuming I'd fast forward through to the fight scenes, considering there were no subtitles. As soon as I started watching though, I was hooked. If you liked Se7en, this movie's right up your alley.

I have to get my hands on a subtitled version asap.

Thanks
    Uhhh yeah watched it too some time ago...
    I really enjoied it and i liked the links to the Oedipus Story (Greek Tale about a man who kills his father and marries his mother. The begin of Blooddisgrace . But Oedipus did`nt know what he has done...later in the Tale hes revealed to the truth ...to punish himself he cuts his own eyes out and leaves of to the desert to liive in isolation. The Tale is from the Greek Poet Euridikes or Euripides if i remember correct o.O).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.