Painter 7 angle/tilt not working
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Painter 7 angle/tilt not working

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter 7 angle/tilt not working

Hey folks, I could really use some help here. I'm using Painter 7 and just installed it in winXp Pro (never used that one before). The program runs fine except that the stylus tilt won't work. The 'brush controls'/'angle' section is shaded out.

the tablet is a wacom intous2.

The weird thing is that the tilt works fine in photoshop, but in painter7 and 8 it won't work at all.

I've also tried installing the Painter7 patch but nothing changes. If anyone has got a clue as to what might be causing this I'd be really grateful, getting kinda desperate here...

thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

A general question that may or may not have anything to do with the problem:

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Wacom driver then rebooted your computer?

With hundreds of brush variants in the default Painter 7 Painter Brushes library and many brush controls, it's hard to help much without a little more information.

You'll need to be very specific about the:

Brush Library you're using (exact name)

Brush Category (exact name)

Brush Variant (exact name)

Setting adjustments you've made to the brush variant (or brush variants) and exactly what setting adjustments using the terminology you see in the Painter 7 interface.

Also tell us if you know how to restore a brush variant to its default settings and/or restore all brush variants in the currently loaded brush library to their default settings.

Your platform and OS number can also sometimes be helpful.

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jin

Yeah I have the latest wacom drivers. The brush variants/categories used were, well, all of them that makes use of the stylus tilt (no modifications made, i've tested on a clean Painter7 install)

However, I dodged this problem by switching to an older intous1 tablet. I just plugged it in and all of the sudden everything started working fine. Been using it for a couple of hours now and everythings fine. This made me think that I had been using a faulty intous2 before, but we tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Same OS (winxp pro), same brand of computer (dell)...

I don't have any idea of what happened here, but I can work again now so i'm happy.. Would be interesting to find out what the problem might have been tho, someone else might run into the same thing...

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I guess it's time to call Wacom tech support and see if they know what's going on.

It's really hard for us to know everything they know about their products and they're very helpful.. and tech support is free.

Faster, easier on everyone.

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.