Thanks

Lightbulb street crew stickers

well first of all this idea basically coincides with the advertising idea, except boosts the site

i was sitting in class today and an idea struck me, if we end up taking on ads (as it seems we may, which is a good thing IMO) then how about we look into making stickers to post everywhere to boost awareness of the site(by doing this and increasing the number of hits on the site i'd think we'd make more $ from the advertisers, but i may be wrong). Even though this would cost money, the initial funding would come from the ads, and we'd make money(as i already stated).

i think any one of us on this site would be willing to distibute these stickers whether it be on crossings signs, back of street signs or even on tagboards or doors in art classes. Most art affiliated places(classes, stores, cafes,etc) would be willing to allow people to post these stickers, whether in designated areas or by choice of the poster.

we could set up a conceptart.org street crew that would go all around differet places in their local area and this would hopefully boost hits on the site, maybe even more pro's would come along. It'd be a way of bringing more artists of all levels together to strengthen the community. i'm not so sure if someone like MCM in south dakota(was it?) would have a whole lot of luck but i know guys in my situation(big city, metropolitan area) could definitely post these as many places possible and bring a large amount of people in by posting the stickers all over the counties, cities, u name it!

well, just a thought, let me know what you all think.

edit: o yea, i forgot to mention i know a guy that might be able to help us with making these stickers...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    careful where you post em.. its illegal in certain places..

Thanks
    yea it'd have to be within reason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    brilliant idea-

start up the ca.org propoganda machines-
    more site traffic is cool, but if i went to a new city and saw a ca.org sticker plastered on a telephone pole i would freak out!!

Thanks
    why not get some fuckin blimps and pamphlets?

you do realise this site is pretty much funded by jason manley and a few others with a philanthropist streak?

yeah. get some more noob spam going on around here. yeah. have ca.org go down every 3 minutes.

brilliant.

-well i realise that was harsh, but i think ca.org should really be more of a word-of-mouth thing and not a mass-market thing.

it won't be fun when the server(s?) get overloaded every day due to curiosity traffic.

and i guess if Android agrees, he knows something i don't.

=i meant people off the street joining in and thinking this was just another messageboard. i'm all for the beginners getting help from this place. i am NOT in favor of Joe the Sandwich Shop Guy logging in here to talk about the yankees. or something like that.
    Last edited by bizarre; August 31st, 2004 at 05:28 PM.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    sell the stickers. i dont know how much they cost, but you could sell 10 for 5 bucks, or whatever...

Thanks
    dang bizarre ain't that a little snooty of you?

i know what you mean by clogging the server with noobs... i am one! haha

but yea man that's the beauty of this site, the new people(or noobs if you will) learn from the pros and the good people (wes, steak-tron, and many others)

so yea be open to others man, don't keep ca.org some secret society only open to those who you choose, because it isn't and it was never intended to be... i mean how else would you or i or any others be here? we are all part of this awesome community to help each other so i figured this could bring in a lot more people...

figure this: most new guys don't post on this site anyhow because when you come right down to it they might be scared or afraid that their daily SB would just get burried by the mass of awesome SB's...so yea that;s why the helpful critique was created right ...to make this short CA.org IMO was intended for artists of all levels of skill, not just a select few

and jetpack i'd surely pitch money into this project to get it goin! Jmanley has given an arm and possibly a leg to get this site goin so why not the lot of us? yea it'd be great to spread the word!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    stickers are cool,

i say a stencil and some spray paint would be another cost effective form of spreading the ca.org virus around the landscape.

Thanks
    I don't know, but i don't think that this site has a problem with too less traffic or too less popularity...

So stickers hand-in-hand with the t-shirts as a merchandising project is fine, but i don't think it would help ca.org spreading stickers or sprays anywhere in the world...more the opposite effect would come through i guess...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Android
    stickers are cool,

i say a stencil and some spray paint would be another cost effective form of spreading the ca.org virus around the landscape.
    or there's an even easier/cheaper method for the lazy...

street crew stickers

Thanks
    I wouldn't worry about making really official high-gloss stickers. Hand-in-hand with the T-shirt contest, we could have a "sticker of the month" contest that we could all print out onto cheap-o inkjet sticker paper at home. Even if you spray-fix the ink they wouldn't last long in the rain, but if we replace it every month it doesn't matter.
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    I would be mighty happy to be on the street team in my town, and I don't mind being illegal

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Android
    stickers are cool,

o man i never thought about that until now!!! pretty cool idea

yea well i guess not everyone sees this idea the way i do, minus android. i am kind of going for a "street appeal".... like not to say that it would have to be graffitti or anything, it's just a down to earth, homegrown way of getting a message out...i just think that a lot more people would see these signs of the site and be like "hey, that looks cool, i wonder who these guys are..."

fozzybar: yea i can see what you mean by hurting the site, but if these things are done in art centered places (art schools, stores, etc) then i think people would be a little more open, heck i see stickers and stecil sprays of a whole bunch of things around the art buildings and classrooms where i'm going...

jetpack: haha yea you are right that would be a lazy way, but this isn't meant to be just some graffitti people pass up, it's meant to be catchy in a non-thuggish kind of way, btw graffitti with a sharpy can kick ass, i think coro could probably vouch for that

cotron: how 'bout we start this mean machine up man! we can like start a nice little thread to show our initial stencil work (on paper since it's obviously not a good idea to show works on public property, unless authorized, as we all know )

just a thought, and i think i will get on that stencil idea andrew

Thanks
    lol @ jetpack..word

Thanks
    i think the admins are gonna castrate me or something if we get a flood of new users... i mean... i'm like THE bad influence. I've warped Dished beyond repair.

davi is trying to housetrain me, and i'm almost getting the hang of it except he keeps putting the paper on the ceiling, why i don't understand at all.

Ok. I think SOME discretion will be necessary, like... don't slap stickers on a playground or something, put them where artistic types will see them, that's the main target audience here, right? new, eager to learn artists?

college bulletin boards... i'll do it, in fact. what the hell. i'll do it. yeah.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    I like Android's idea 8)

No-one would ever dream of doing something like that though would they

On a stranger note for those who dont like the getting nicked element (run faster!) I read a piece in a newspaper over here (London) about some guy who uses a really strong cleaner, probably dangerous/industrial.
    Anyway it takes away all the shit on the wall/pavement (city's are covered in it so plenty about) and the stencil area is actually being cleaned not painted on top.
    Apparently he does it in broad daylight and no-one can do a thing , think some comapnies have got him doing it now.

Just an idea for anyone out there who wants to do something different!

Edit: Didnt Apple get sued for doing a similar thing in San Fran when the Ipod came out, sorry to spoil the fun but I doubt anyone would want a hefty fine
    Last edited by acuna_read; September 2nd, 2004 at 03:30 PM.
    Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks
    @ bizzare: i definitely agree w/ you man, eager to learn(and bad ass) artists are the target, this is just an idea to lure them in

@acuna_read: yea i think i know who you are talking about, i think his name is Banksy of somethin' like that, awesome stuff... and yea, whether it's illegal or not is up to the individual who does it...i'm thinking stencils would be the way to go, but like i said , where you put it is up to you 'casue you could probably get permission when at a school or and art store, but when you don't get permission, it's all on you

well anyhow, i guess all we need now is more people
    so i guess for now, if no one totally completely objects(keep in mind that Andrew is okay with the idea ) then we're a go? cotron and bizarre, let us get to designing some stencils

Thanks
    http://www.banksy.co.uk/

banksy is one clever bastard.

Thanks
    yea i love that guy, he has some pretty neat and innovative material.`I especially like the one where the rat is pouring toxic waste onto the pavement