Sketchbook: Wolfen's Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wolfen's Sketchbook

Well, after 10 years of not being able to touch a pencil to paper, I finally was able to actually able to sketch something. Eight years of an artist's block because of a few personal issues. These are my first few pictures. They are kind of embarrassing, but I *am* DRAWING SOMETHING atleast. The first page looks like a two year old scribbling. The second one is working from a medical book as reference. Hopefully i will be able to put up more in here. Otherwise enjoy my childish art.

-- Just two beasts, a couple of squiggles (because of my crying...) a scrapped comic character (yoh asakura from shaman king... I will be drawing him when I get a little better....) a beginning top of a pop can and my left hand.

-- a skull referenced from an anatomy medical book.

This was one weeks worth of drawing.

Life has many colors, and some of them are dark. Draw what you see, not what you 'think' you see.

| WolfenMedia | Wolfen's Deviantart Gallery | WIP Site | Wolfen's Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another little update.

Just a simple sketch of Yoh Asakura from Shaman King. I used the cover of volume 4 for the reference.

I officially drew this.

Shaman King is owned by Hiroyuki Takei.

I am really just starting back to sketching... doing what ever comes to my mind. I know that it is not good to start out in drawing just with anime... but considering the problems of me even trying to put anything on paper, this is better than nothing. I come from a family of factory workers and laborers, but I am the one that chose to up keep the artist gift that runs in my family because no one else did. For years I dealt with flack from my family because I kept up my artwork. You can only be told so long that 'art will get you no where', 'art does not help pay the bills', and 'who would pay you for just copying other's work' (I was only practicing drawing working from reference at the time), before you start to believe it. That is what those around me, told me. After a while, I believed them and gave up drawing. Even now, I still cry because of that mentality that i have had for many years. Untill recently, I have not drawn anything in ATLEAST 8 years. I just want to do what I love, and I loved to draw long ago, I want to make a living at it eventually. You guys here inspire me. It just hurts what I went through. That is pretty much my story. I am just happy that I can put anything down. I am suprised that this particular piece came out so well.

What do you guys think?

Life has many colors, and some of them are dark. Draw what you see, not what you 'think' you see.

| WolfenMedia | Wolfen's Deviantart Gallery | WIP Site | Wolfen's Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.