We're talkin tattoos here guys....

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking We're talkin tattoos here guys....

Two things really..we're all lovers of art here and i was wondering if anyone has taken this love to the next level and got any artistic tattoos done???
    Also , i'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this,but i really want a graffiti tattoo of the word ALZ would anyone whose decent at graffiti or tags be able to do a quick design for me.............PLEASE!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm....

but seriously, I think tattoos are a great form of expression.

I want one, and when I get one, there is no way I'm going to pick one of the pre-made designs that they have. I'm going to create my own tattoo.

Why would you want someone else's design on your body for your entire life? :nohope

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i agree with den

i think i might get the sublime sun on my back, even tho i didnt make it... its still a kickass logo

i dunno i probly will make my own

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmmmmmmm....iiiinnnk....

im about due for another injection, ive got the shakes!!
    ive gotten one a year since i was 18, and i dont plan on stopping!

word of advice...you usually get what you pay for with tattoos...that cheap price might sound great right now...but in a couple years when its faded and fucked up...youll be thinking different!!
    pay the bit extra,...you wont regret it

heres my WIP backpiece...its almost 2 years old now...it takes alot of care for it to heal, so i cant just go get it done whenever, i hafta take time off werk..hehe

ALmost done tho

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wicked, Skank.

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow.thats some serious ink!!
    why would i want someone elses design???? erm because i cant do graffiti well enough for me to want it on my body and i know there are some awesome artists out there capable of doing an awesome design which i would be willing to pay for...all i asked was for a sketch, i doubt that qualifies as taking advantage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, can you run across the road for me? i'm too lazy to look both ways to see if cars are coming.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    was that an attempt at being funny???
    do me a favour and don't bother looking for cars next time you cross the road.........

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My customer for tatoo pay for the sketch too... I'm not gonna do any sketch if they're not going to pay me for my work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i wouldnt pay for a sketch, i'd only pay for a decent final design

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i wouldn't pay you for 30 minutes of work. i'd pay you for three hours of work.

edit: ok enough of that.

look, unless you've got a deeply personal relationship with the artist, you're going to regret having someone else design a tattoo for you.

do you think you could show us some ideas you've had? link some images to stuff that looks like something you'd want to get done.

right now you're just sitting there asking us to do the footwork for you.

and don't burn the locals.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i found this awesome website which does exactly what i need..........

http://graffititattoos.com/graffiti_tattoos.htm

its perfect and really good value

cotron:that pumpkin on the halloween arm is awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm yet to be conviced. I dont think Ive EVER seen a tattoo worth having.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Depends on your taste I guess Sclo-mo. Some people just dont like em, I however do. I'm too much of a skinny gimp to get one though, guess I'll have to do exercise

They look good cotron. The colours are great, especially the leg. How long did that take roughly?

Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    acuna- the leg... about 5-6 sessions of roughly 4-5 hours each...
    the arms, maybe 15 hours? I've lost track as the years go on. edit- haha! I'm a skinny gimp too man, you don't have to be tough or big to be tattooed. if someone's granny can do it, so can you.

schlo-mo- different strokes, that's all. at least you recognize it, a lot of people dont realize that they dont want tattoos until it's already in their skin.

One thing about tattoos that most people don't mention, an argument to think about what youre doing before you get it done- people constantly talk to you about it... every day I talk to at least one or two people about my tattoos, sometimes good and sometimes bad, and people always like to remind you how your body is permanently fucked up... it's like they regret it for you. I think that's the biggest argument against getting a tattoo- not yourself, but how the people around you act about it. I'm happy with mine, and I wouldn't get rid of them if I could, but it's just something to think about.

Last edited by cotron; August 30th, 2004 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yeah, and ALZ- not to cut on your idea, or to try to deter you from getting a tattoo you really want, but there's a lot that goes into graffiti, more than just "cool looking letters". A lot of graff has to do with personal style, and it's an extension of the development of the letters through time by the artist himself... it's a personal thing I guess, and getting someone to throw together a cool tag for you kind of defeats the purpose. Also, graffiti is its own subculture, so getting a tattoo makes it appear that you have ties to that world. Kind of like if you got a Harley Davidson tattoo, but didn't ride a motorcycle. My point is to make you stop and ask yourself before you go out and get it done- is it really you? or is it just something cool?

Graffiti tattoos are notorious for being really bad, especially to people who actually write, because it's blatantly obvious when someone draws something that's supposed to look like graff, and it's the first time they've drawn those letters. Just because someone's an artist doesn't mean they can pick up graffiti on their first try. Like all aspects of visual art, it takes experience to make it look good, and legit.

Sorry for the long and seemingly negative post, but I'm trying to help you out. If you got this tattoo, it would be better to consider these things beforehand, rather than after. And like my previous post said, eventually someone would ask you why, and hopefully you'd have an answer other than "it looks cool!". Shit, Vanilla Ice was cool 10 years ago... and you'd have that tattoo much longer than that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cotron
    oh yeah, and ALZ- not to cut on your idea, or to try to deter you from getting a tattoo you really want, but there's a lot that goes into graffiti, more than just "cool looking letters". A lot of graff has to do with personal style, and it's an extension of the development of the letters through time by the artist himself... it's a personal thing I guess, and getting someone to throw together a cool tag for you kind of defeats the purpose. Also, graffiti is its own subculture, so getting a tattoo makes it appear that you have ties to that world. Kind of like if you got a Harley Davidson tattoo, but didn't ride a motorcycle. My point is to make you stop and ask yourself before you go out and get it done- is it really you? or is it just something cool?

Graffiti tattoos are notorious for being really bad, especially to people who actually write, because it's blatantly obvious when someone draws something that's supposed to look like graff, and it's the first time they've drawn those letters. Just because someone's an artist doesn't mean they can pick up graffiti on their first try. Like all aspects of visual art, it takes experience to make it look good, and legit.

Sorry for the long and seemingly negative post, but I'm trying to help you out. If you got this tattoo, it would be better to consider these things beforehand, rather than after. And like my previous post said, eventually someone would ask you why, and hopefully you'd have an answer other than "it looks cool!". Shit, Vanilla Ice was cool 10 years ago... and you'd have that tattoo much longer than that.
    werd, you nailed it
    ive designed at least part of all my tattoos...tho never the whole thing. even tho i can draw, tattoo artists (at least the good ones) know how to make that "cool picture" into a work of art on your skin...you cant just slap it on there, it takes alot of knowlege or how things fit around certain body parts etc...so i guess what im trying to say is make your own designs, but let them help you, you probly wont regret it. everytime ive brought in a new design, my artist comes up with something badass to add or change about it and ive learned to listen to em.
    remember, the good tattooists are ARTISTS, just like us...they know their shit, they arent just tracing over a few lines.

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Cotron, useful info.

Ive been warned tat if I did get one to not get a visible one at first if at all as it can cause problems.
    I fall into the biker category so thats where I get it from (though the UK people that have met me find it very hard to beleive ).

If your getting a tatto id leave it to the professionals, they have probably dealt with them for years and a cool pic on a piece of paper may not look great on your skin. Speak to someone first, I know someone who does em so I can get discount, wahey! Problem is I'd want a great thing like that, maybe i'll start off with something smaller first.

Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have the thundercats logo tatted on my shoulder. its fucking sweet.

BLAST ON YOU!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When people ask me tatoo, it took me a fucking lot of time to get the right idea for them. It's not an half hour things - people are(and need, it's their body after all) picky about it . It's why I made them pay me for that and everyone has been happy with my design so far - not that there's a lot of people who've ask me but
    The first thing about a tatoo is to think a lot about it, be sure you want it. You can not erase them so better be sure I hope I can have one in some month...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.